No access to shared disk from LibreELEC on Wetek Play2

• Hi all,

I try to explain the problem, even I don't have a fluent written english hope you'll be able to understand that.

In my brother's LAN, we have a WD MYCloud Home HDD, which stores his video library, connect through cable to the router

Until yesterday, he had a RPi3 running LibreELEC 8.2.5, also this connected through cable. We've built the video library starting from "Windows SMB share" in the "Add Video source" popup window. Under "WORKGOUP" we were able to see the HDD and browse the folder containing the movies. That was OK !

Today, I move the Wetek Play2 from my home to my brother's home, to replace the RP3 (in order to playback also 4K contents ). The Play2 usually boots from microSD card running LibreELEC 8.2.5 . I was able to connect to the new LAN (always through Ethernet cable), configure Kodi and download all the addons (Italian language, Universal Movie Scraper, Missing Movies and nothing more...). When trying to add video to the empty Library (I delete my old own one on the Play2) , and trying to open Windows SMB Share, no device is listed.

So I try to use the good old method of "Add network location", inserting the local IP address of the WD and the shared folder...no way! The request got a timeout! To make a check, from a Windows 10 PC in the same LAN, I opened Windows File Explorer, and writing \\192.168.1.xx\public in the address text box, I was able to browse the contents from the PC.

Moving the RPI in the bedroom, and connected it through wi-fi, it stills successfully "see" the WD HDD, being able to playback all the movies contained in it.

It seems that the issue could be related only to Wetek Play2 device, same LibreELEC version, same network... I don't understand where's the problem !

I add that , at my home, typically I used until yesterday the "Add network location" on the Play2, to reach the contents stored into my home NAS.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Andrea