Posts by Pokey

I bought a Cyberpower UPS

ended up putting my old DS214play in the lounge to monitors things as it already had all the UPS setting I needed

set up is: after 15 minutes shut down LibreELEC and DS214play followed by the UPS itself along with the modem & the router

.. when power comes back on the UPS along the modem & the router only turn on

With only the modem & the router on I could get up to 90 minutes during a power outage, though as stated earlier this is

to co-ordinate the mainframe shutdown in the office

Da Flex you had me thinking

The chances of damage during a power outage is quite low.

It's not a damage issue for LibreELEC or modem/routers

what I'm worried about, is that if the modem/routers are off during a power outage so is my local area network

that will cut all communication between all my PC's & my NAS's, (2x synology, 1x Qnap & 1x unraid) as well as LibreELEC/modem/routers

So when a power outage etc happens only 1x synology will properly shutdown

it will lose contact with the other 3 and they will have power cut off to them & possible damage when the UPS turns off after it's battery is low

An extra UPS, configured with monitoring software into LibreELEC would solve my problem

the modem/routers would stay on long enough for all the NAS's to properly shutdown/turn off

You know that add-ons are the usual way

I could not find any in this forum or google .. that's why I started a new thread

mmm! .. after more research it might be a whole lot easier & possibly not much more costly than buying an extra UPS, to have the network re-cabled and bring the modem & router into my office ..

then put the access point down into the lounge room for LibreELEC etc ..

I'd only need one uninterrupted power supply, it might need to be a bit more up market though ..

Hi

I have question about uninterrupted power supply (UPS) .. is there anything that can configure LibreELEC to be an UPS master?

My TV, AV receiver, LibreELEC system plus my modem & bridged router etc are on a power board in the lounge room

My PC's, an access point & my servers etc are on a different power board far away at the opposite end of the building

I want to protect the servers with an UPS, due to my set up the LAN would be turned off in the lounge room during a blackout & only the master server (Synology NAS) would be signaled to shut down

If I get another UPS for the lounge room I can't work out how to configure without a PC on that UPS, .. master & slaves have to be powered from the same UPS

I have searched this forum & google etc without any success

About 1400 years ago a bloke said "we have two lives, and the 2nd begins when we realize we only have one"

They should wake up and stop wasting their own time

Latest posts etc on this forum are written in Chinese??

It seems to be spreading to new posts on this forum only... it's nowhere else, not on any other forums etc

This forum seems to be compromised big time???

Scanning new video with The TVDB crashes to a black screen with a tiny curser like spot in the middle of the screen

this lasts for a few seconds, the screen then returns to home

I changed scraper in TV Info/content to TMDB TV show Scraper and all's okay

Changed my O/S from USB to SSD

When I did LibreELEC USB/SD Creator is still a hit & miss situation with the 93% error

It's funny that it worked 1st time on LE 8.2.5 but when I changed to LE 9.0.2 93% error showed up

Rufus seems to be far more reliable

Summary on the synchonization software

Resilio Sync and Syncthing were not very easy to use and were here and there a bit complex in setting up sync's

But they both had different situations where they just didn't work at all

After googling around at free and paid synchonization software I tried out EverySync from easeus

If they were smart they should rename it EasySync, because it is almost too easy to use

Syncing folders on the Topfield, LibreELEC, network drives, etc was just plain easy and very quick to set up

I try to use open source software where I can, but ended up paying $16.59 (AU) for it

I try to use open source software where I can, and I don't have any affiliation with easus (this is the first thing I've ever bought of them)

This thread is resolved