Is there anyway to install UPS software on LibreELEC

• Please Help

Does anyone know if it is possible to install UPS monitoring software on LibreELEC .. the purpose is so that I can control shutdown of LibreELEC & my modem & router during blackouts

Regards Pokey

• Official Post

You already created a forum thread previously. Why is this one necessary?

LibreELEC and modem/routers are low impact devices. The chances of damage during a power outage is quite low.

Your NAS is a different story. Synology should have software and support for certain UPS models.

• You already created a forum thread previously. Why is this one necessary?

The last forum thread got done in..

Da Flex Closed the thread .8 hours I don't see any relation to LE. If your fear power outages, then better ask one of those prepper boards.go

• The chances of damage during a power outage is quite low.

It's not a damage issue for LibreELEC or modem/routers

what I'm worried about, is that if the modem/routers are off during a power outage so is my local area network

that will cut all communication between all my PC's & my NAS's, (2x synology, 1x Qnap & 1x unraid) as well as LibreELEC/modem/routers

So when a power outage etc happens only 1x synology will properly shutdown

it will lose contact with the other 3 and they will have power cut off to them & possible damage when the UPS turns off after it's battery is low

An extra UPS, configured with monitoring software into LibreELEC would solve my problem

the modem/routers would stay on long enough for all the NAS's to properly shutdown/turn off

You know that add-ons are the usual way

I could not find any in this forum or google .. that's why I started a new thread

• I bought a Cyberpower UPS

ended up putting my old DS214play in the lounge to monitors things as it already had all the UPS setting I needed

set up is: after 15 minutes shut down LibreELEC and DS214play followed by the UPS itself along with the modem & the router

.. when power comes back on the UPS along the modem & the router only turn on

With only the modem & the router on I could get up to 90 minutes during a power outage, though as stated earlier this is

to co-ordinate the mainframe shutdown in the office

Da Flex you had me thinking