7.0.2.006 build for S905

• Have you tried enabling "Wait on network" in LibreELEC Settings?

Of course i did. That doesn't help though, because the problem is not the network. The connection gets established fast (Eth0), but the time server responds a bit too late. Putting the sleep command into autostart.sh did the trick for me.

• My findings on the new build so far:

- SD installation, done exactly as described in OP, went smooth. Had no trouble. ATM i don't want to experiment on NAND installation.

- LE starts up with 1280x720 resolution, so does kodi. Switching to 1920x1080 in kodi went fine. Boot screen keeps at 1280x720. Any option to change it to 1920x180 on boot again (like in 005)? It's just cosmetic, but the splash image get's ugly on the lower resolution. Got that sorted, booting into Android and disable auto switch to best resolution did it.

Edited once, last by azido (August 22, 2016 at 4:07 PM).

• Hi, thanks to the HDMI-CEC function I only control the device using the remote of my TV (or a wireless keyboard in some cases) and I always unplug the power adapter after shutting down.

If I find the original remote I will test and report back when I get a chance.

• S905: Download a device tree for your box from device_trees, rename it to dtb.img and copy it to main folder of SD card/USB drive - replace the one that's already there.

Which one dtb i should use if there is no dtb file for my device in that folder? i posted my dtb file as requested LibreELEC
    (Videostrong/Venz M9 4K)

• Hi! Tested in LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.006.img!
    K1 S2 T2 Plus box
    SD card written on it.
    aml_autoscript compression or zip.
    During the aml_autoscript.zip Android updates and reboots.
    not boot from SD.
    gxbb_p200_k1_plus.dtb downloaded renamed dtb.img, SD and has been replaced dtb.img LibreElek to boot!
    Everything works except for the S2 and T2 tuner PVR does not start tvheaded
    This tvheaded start to improve? This would be perfect for me LibreElek PVR. :)

• This is why you need to change device tree: to make S/PDIF audio work. I think for the next release I will modify generic device tree to be more compatible with optical output that is present on most devices.

oops! My bad!: it turns out, previously, I had been using device tree gxbb_p200_minimx in stead of gxbb_p200_2G_mini_mxg_2_16
    (which, for some reason, I had not noticed to be present).
    So, now I could toothpick boot LE with correct device tree image. Previously such would not have passed teddy bear image.
    However, S/PDIF audio still does not seem to work.
    I can provide alsa,pulseaudio, other info. I looked at some and cannot spot obvious errors.

Should I perhaps replace aml_autoscript with the one from 7.0.2.006 ?

Edited once, last by Nofan Tasi (August 22, 2016 at 8:14 PM).

• Also, Fly Mouse buttons seems to have disconfigured.

I have that Fly Mouse and not had any issues with Misconfigurations. Tried on 3 boxes.
    Yours looks very shiny though. Mine is matte dull finish so maybe different. C120 is my remote.
    These remotes are learned so maybe a USB issue ? Refresh rates are set in Android
    Turn OFF auto switch to best resolution in Android.

• [...]
    Everything works except for the S2 and T2 tuner PVR does not start tvheaded
    [...]

Is this an external DVB USB tuner? Did it work previously?
    I has similar issue, but the 7.0.2.006 img.gz update (md5sum 73358453c8c8b1a4e8099d6dc325c6f6) now loads dvb module.

• Please read the instructions carefully. dtb.img from Android firmware on SD card won't work as it is different from what is needed to run the latest kernel. You have to download the device tree from my site, as linked in first post. If a device tree from you device is not listed, you can try using the closest-specced-box tree and submit a PR to my devices tree repo. Alternatively if you don't know how to modify a device tree, you can post Android device tree in a proper thread and wait for me to parse it - this has to be done by hand and takes some time.

For anyone else with a Sumvision Cyclone X4+, I've found the dtb called 'gxbb_p200_mxq_pro_4k.dtb ' works for this device - at least I can now boot and run Kodi, with ethernet, the usb ports and wifi working ok. I'd still like to try a processed dtb from my device though, once kszaq has done his stuff on it.

• I can confirm it does not power on after power off. I have to unplug powersupply. On Android firmware it powers on just when you chose proper HDMI port on TV :( Saddly this is big problem with this device. Maybe someone from NexBox read this thread and can provide support.

• Check your kodi log file. if the timestamp (on the left) shows up 01:00 am when booting kodi, you have the same problem as me: your box has no RTC clock and therefore it starts with an incorrect time/date, which causes mysql to reject the connection.

2 possible solutions then:
    a) Set a timeserver inside LE configuration screen. Boot up as usual, wait inside kodi for about 30 secs. Reboot (warm).
    b) put autostart.sh into configfiles dir with "sleep 30;" in it. Now on every boot it waits 30 seconds before kodi starts, network is already connected and has enough time to get a response from time server.

This should fix your issue. At least it did for me.

I've checked the log file and you're right, it's the same problem as you.
    I've tried your solution b) and it works perfect.

Thanks a lot for your help.