7.0.2.006 build for S905

• Same here, but the real error is some lines above: can't mount /dev/mmcblk0p1

btw i extracted the dtb from boot image of my A95X (s905x) 2G/16G, does it needs to be modified for LE?!?!

Hi, Geremia

did you try install LE to NAND yet? Can your extracted file be used as ledtb.img for NAND installing for Nexbox A95X (S905X)?

Anyone got this working with this Nexbox A95X yet?

• Hi ,
    Anyone managed to nand install in mxq pro 4k.sd boot works fine but have done 10 times different ways unable to flash in nand even after putting dtb.img,recovery.img and ledtb.img in sd card install doesnt start goes in loop.when delete aml script in sd card ,install happen but goes in loop and bricks no display out.
    The earlier versions installed in same box ok.
    Pls advise tks

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Edited once, last by ram.khakurel (August 22, 2016 at 12:11 AM).

• Hi ,
    Anyone managed to nand install in mxq pro 4k.sd boot works fine but have done 10 times different ways unable to flash in nand even after putting dtb.img,recovery.img and ledtb.img in sd card install doesnt start goes in loop.when delete aml script in sd card ,install happen but goes in loop and bricks no display out.
    The earlier versions installed in same box ok.
    Pls advise tks

yup bricks my box aswell, will have test since mxq have 4 different boards. Mines is the v1 blue board that comes with a broken reset button. I don't have the origional dtb, but i dont think that is needed when upgrading according to OP.

Will flash back to Android to see if i can get it to boot. Yup it bricks even when flashing from Android, don't think Kszaq has dtb for all the mxq varations.

Edited once, last by JonSnow (August 22, 2016 at 1:23 AM).

• Yeah I have the same file structure as above on my Beelink Mini MX III and I can't get it to install to NAND either. SD and USB work fine but when trying to install to NAND I just get a bootloop on the Beelink bootlogo

I also got a bootloop on the Beelink logo when trying to install to NAND on Beelink MiniMXIII using the toothpick method. Tried both with and without recovery.img and dtb.img on the card. I pulled the SD card and used the toothpick to boot into recovery, then reinserted the SD card and installed the zip from within recovery. It is working now.

• Thank you for noticing this! I needed to change drivers install path and now they should work. Please re-download, update and check!

Hi kszaq

Sorry for late reaction.

New 7.0.2.006 image (md5sum 73358453c8c8b1a4e8099d6dc325c6f6) does
    load all kernel modules, including the media_build ones.

Thanks a lot for the fast fix and support. You are a hero!

It may be the case I have +/- same box as you, because: the image
    dd-ed verbatim to scdard toothpick boots just fine into LibreELEC. No
    need (for me) to change aml_autoscript or dtb.img on 1st partition.

DVB-T client/server works great

I do have one issue though: audio ...

via HDMI output device audio works fine, but: my monitor audio is not
    really good, so I prefer audio to play via UE Boom 2 bluetooth
    speaker. If I do so via pulseaudio output device, audio stutters. Same
    if I connect to another bluetooth speaker. And, if I physically
    connect via spdif out to UE Boom 2 speaker jack 3.5 in (using a spdif
    to jack 3.5 converter) then there is no sound. And, if I physically
    connect via monitor jack 3.5 out to UE Boom 2 speaker jack 3.5 in, then
    there is sound (again choosing HDMI output device of course). No
    stutter via HDMI output device.

Note that the bluetooth and spdif audio worked great on 7.0.2.005
    via pulseaudio output device, so I guess perhaps something is wrong
    with pulseaudio/bluetooth/spdif combo. The best audio quality, on 7.0.2.005,
    by the way, was via spdif out to UE Boom 2 speaker jack 3.5 in.
    But, as said, such does not give sound on 7.0.2.006.

Also: I managed to crash kodi (which spawned a gdb), but I am not
    aware on how to get into gdb for inspection. I crashed by disconnecting
    bluetooth from speaker.

in ./.kodi/temp/.kodi_crashlog.log I could see plenty
    0x0000007f866a76e8 in PyThread_acquire_lock () from /usr/lib/libpython2.7.so.1.0

Let me know if and how I can help further debug audio issue.

Have a nice day.
    [hr]
    minor issue:
    I used to read temperature from /sys/devices/virtual/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp but it gives:
    LibreELEC:~ # cat /sys/devices/virtual/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp
    cat: read error: Invalid argument

Edited once, last by Nofan Tasi (August 22, 2016 at 1:54 AM).

• This would have to be implemented in Kodi for Amlogic hardware decoder. I am not a Kodi dev, don't ask me.

You can adjust the overscan by bringing up the OSD when a video is playing. Then go to the movie reel icon, click on "Video Calibration". It will take you through a series of adjustments to match the video to your display. Hope this helps

• Did you read OP? The steps are completly different with 006.

They are a little different but not as much as "completly". There is additional step with device tree.
    Anyway - there's no other way for me to install LE because toothpick won't work and I couldn't successfully use botting to recovery before. That's why I was using third option which uses update feature in Android where you put zip on SD and force to update from it. I wroted it for other to know that they are not alone if they have the same box.

Edited once, last by Draghmar (August 22, 2016 at 8:39 AM).

• Can't get this to work on my Sumvision Cyclone X4+, which has been running V5 ok from SD. I followed the instructions, putting the img.gz file into the udate directory and rebooting. I could then see the usual updated messages, and it said it was rebooting - and never came back. I have "no signal" on the monitor it's connected to. Tried powering off/on but still the same. So I carried on and extracted the dtb.img from the latest android firmware and put it on the SD. I held the toothpick in and powered on - but the same. Absolutely nothing on the monitor (no signal).

I then tried a new install of V6 on a different SD card (and also tried on a USB stick) with the extracted dtb.img copied on - but still the same when trying a toothpick recovery boot - no signal on the monitor.

Not sure what else to try next.

Please read the instructions carefully. dtb.img from Android firmware on SD card won't work as it is different from what is needed to run the latest kernel. You have to download the device tree from my site, as linked in first post. If a device tree from you device is not listed, you can try using the closest-specced-box tree and submit a PR to my devices tree repo. Alternatively if you don't know how to modify a device tree, you can post Android device tree in a proper thread and wait for me to parse it - this has to be done by hand and takes some time.

And, if I physically
    connect via spdif out to UE Boom 2 speaker jack 3.5 in (using a spdif
    to jack 3.5 converter) then there is no sound.

This is why you need to change device tree: to make S/PDIF audio work. I think for the next release I will modify generic device tree to be more compatible with optical output that is present on most devices.

I used to read temperature from /sys/devices/virtual/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp but it gives:
    LibreELEC:~ # cat /sys/devices/virtual/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp
    cat: read error: Invalid argument

This is a known issue as the latest thermal module from Amlogic doesn't work well with latest kernel. LibreELEC

• I also got a bootloop on the Beelink logo when trying to install to NAND on Beelink MiniMXIII using the toothpick method. Tried both with and without recovery.img and dtb.img on the card. I pulled the SD card and used the toothpick to boot into recovery, then reinserted the SD card and installed the zip from within recovery. It is working now.

Thanks, that method worked for me too. All up and running from NAND now :)

• Please read the instructions carefully. dtb.img from Android firmware on SD card won't work as it is different from what is needed to run the latest kernel. You have to download the device tree from my site, as linked in first post. If a device tree from you device is not listed, you can try using the closest-specced-box tree and submit a PR to my devices tree repo. Alternatively if you don't know how to modify a device tree, you can post Android device tree in a proper thread and wait for me to parse it - this has to be done by hand and takes some time.

Thanks kszaq, I wasn't aware that the dtb had to be parsed, despite having read all these threads . I've now posted the dtb for the Sumvision to the Device Tree thread on this board (not sure how to do pull requests) - please can you do whatever's necessary to process it (or if you can point me at some instructions, I can have a go at it if it takes some time). In the meantime I'll try some of the existing dtb's - would anyone have any idea what may be the closest to the Sumvision? The main board for this device has 'MBOX MINI PLUS-905-V02 2015-11-21" stamped on it.

Thanks again.

• It works great on my A95x (S905)

Shutdown now works as it should (does not hang anymore).

sabai
    Prior to this new version kszaq was aware of this Nextbox A95X s905 1gb box not turning ON after power off in OE.
    LibreELEC
    Can you confirm that is still happening with your box ?
    I did the Update method which went well but i still have the power ON not working after powering off OE.
    If i boot into Android and power off it does power back on with the remote.
    I dont own this box but updated it for a family friend so i just need to know before i give it back.

• Installed on a beelink m18 using a new sd card, following instructions, without problem.
    All seems to be ok, except the connection with the remote mysql database, installed on a Windows 10 PC.
    In previous versions I had to reboot the box some times to get connected. Now, I've rebooted al least 10 times without a hit.
    Otherwise, the network (wired) is ok. I can see the remote drives and all the add-ons work without problems.

Thanks a lot.

Check your kodi log file. if the timestamp (on the left) shows up 01:00 am when booting kodi, you have the same problem as me: your box has no RTC clock and therefore it starts with an incorrect time/date, which causes mysql to reject the connection.

2 possible solutions then:
    a) Set a timeserver inside LE configuration screen. Boot up as usual, wait inside kodi for about 30 secs. Reboot (warm).
    b) put autostart.sh into configfiles dir with "sleep 30;" in it. Now on every boot it waits 30 seconds before kodi starts, network is already connected and has enough time to get a response from time server.

This should fix your issue. At least it did for me.

• 2 possible solutions then:
    a) Set a timeserver inside LE configuration screen. Boot up as usual, wait inside kodi for about 30 secs. Reboot (warm).
    b) put autostart.sh into configfiles dir with "sleep 30;" in it. Now on every boot it waits 30 seconds before kodi starts, network is already connected and has enough time to get a response from time server.

Have you tried enabling "Wait on network" in LibreELEC Settings?

libreelec 006 k1 plus combo dvb work? I do not detect DVB.

There is no support for built-in DVB tuners, this has been mentioned many times.

• Beelink MiniMXiii - there appears to be an issue with suspend / sleep now.

Power menu has always worked perfectly for me up to and including 005. I normally set the power button on the remote to 'suspend' - that's been the default behaviour in the keymap until now anyway.
    If I choose suspend on 006 I can't re-start.
    The box will start up but kodi will constantly re-start (never getting to the screen).
    Or it will start up and power down after a few seconds.
    Once I've been able to pull the plug, plug back in and it booted okay.
    Another time it started up but continued the kodi looping.
    I was only able to restart by using poweroff in putty then re-starting with the remote (reboot via putty didn't work).
    Crashlog: ############## kodi CRASH LOG ############### ################ SYSTEM INFO ## - Pastebin.com

Anyone else seeing similar?

• Hi to all.
    I done a lot of testing with my KII PRO device.
    Many bugs is solved.
    Power off and restart is working OK
    HD audio like DTS Master Audio is OK ( I don't tried with DD TrueHD, I will try in next days.
    4K is OK, at 3840 X 2160 24p. There is some problem at 4096 X 2160, a DCI resoolution. If the box is set to this resolution, play of video is not good. If the box is set to 3840 X 2160, play of video is good, ALSO VIDEO AT 4096.
    As kszaq told me, wifi is still not working, and also DVB-T internal tuner.

• I still have problem install in nand.goes into splash screen loop.doesnt start install progress.
    I have got recovery.img, dtb
    Img from android and ledtb.img for mxqpro 4k.

Sd card boot works ok.any other suggestion ?

• Beelink MiniMXiii - there appears to be an issue with suspend / sleep now.

Known issues:

• Suspend doesn't work and when it works, device doesn't wake up properly. Temporary solution: use poweroff. IR power button switches the box off due to this bug.