Netflix

• RPI 3B+

LibreElec 18. Latest build.

Netflix addon

Netflix addon works and I can login. But that's as far as it goes.. Playback is very slow, audio is out of sync and it buffers frequently.

Is there some extra settings I need to use to get this addon working correctly.

• Netflix addon works and I can login. But that's as far as it goes.. Playback is very slow, audio is out of sync and it buffers frequently.

Is there some extra settings I need to use to get this addon working correctly.

Make sure "Max Resolution secure decoder" is set to 720p, RPis can't cope with 1080p.

Having proper cooling (a heatsink is usually enough) also helps, if you see the thermometer icon pop up in the top right corner the RPi is getting too hott and will throttle - which also will result in stuttering.

so long,

Hias

• Hello.

Is it possible to get a video resolution of 1920x1080p in the LibreELEC netflix plugin? How to do it?

LibreElec 9.0

HTPC

CPU Intel G3420 (3.2Ghz)

Gigabyte GA-B85M-HD3 R4 motherboard

Geforce 630GT Graphics Card

SSD 128GB drive

• What I know if your HTPC support the resolution and movie provide it I think you will get that much of video quality but you have to change it in system settings

• In the system settings I have 1920x1080p x 60Hz resolution enabled. It seems to me that the netflix plugin in LibreELEC can not cope with a higher resolution than 720p. Can anyone confirm it?

I also have another problem. Many times, after restarting my HTPC, I had to log in to Netflix again. It looks like a plug-in lost username and password.

• Hi all,

I have the same issue as the original thread,
    I am using the latest LE 9.0 on a Generic device and my inputsteam is on version 2.3.13.0

Widvine is installed but I still can't play any video from my profile on Netflix.

• I had problems on LE 9.0 / generic.

inputstream from LE was a lower version than the one that was in the regular kodi.

I downloaded inputstream.rtmp from github and build this in ubuntu, the module that came from that I copied to my libreelec install, and afterwards netflix was working as it should.

so maybe a tip: upgrade your rtmp : GitHub - xbmc/inputstream.rtmp: RTMP input stream add-on for Kodi

they should both be installed for Netflix to work? I knows only the adaptive the critical

• think so... without it I couldn't get it to work. I was able to browse netflix, just when starting a video it didn't start.

Maybe interesting to see what version of the addon we are running?

I am at work at the moment, I will check my version when I get home :)

• I had problems on LE 9.0 / generic.

inputstream from LE was a lower version than the one that was in the regular kodi.

I downloaded inputstream.rtmp from github and build this in ubuntu, the module that came from that I copied to my libreelec install, and afterwards netflix was working as it should.

so maybe a tip: upgrade your rtmp : GitHub - xbmc/inputstream.rtmp: RTMP input stream add-on for Kodi

Thanks for that!
    I was able to get the Netflix addon to play videos by doing this. Took a while to figure out how to compile & install, but well worth the effort :)

• Hi Guys.. Was mentioned there was a sky go addon someone had working? Is this a UK version as assume the german one is only for those with German sky? If so where do I find it.

Cheers!

• Good Morning everyone!!!!

I have installed LibreELEC 9.0.0 with Netflix Repository....

I put my username and password but I receive an error.

Version used is 0.13.21...

Any help???

• Hi There

I was trying to get Netflix to work on my trusty Pi1 but eventually got to where I needed Widevine - end of the road.

So I bought a Pi3B. On it I have loaded Libreelec 9.0.0 and Netflix 0.13.21 (the latest I can find although I have tried earlier releases with no joy).

I have Input Stream Adaptive 2.3.15 at the moment, but have also tried with 2.2.27, and 2.3.13. Also have RTMP 2.0.5.0 (have tried an earlier release but it didn't work at all).

Widevine downloaded and installed OK, no errors.

I can log into Netflix and see the family profiles in there. I get thumbnails and such. But when I try to launch any show or movie it starts to launch (spinning circle), stops...then starts to launch again (more spinning circle) then... goes back to the menu. Nothing more happens. This sounds like the issue our friend mihailstaconov had.

There is no error message displayed (even with debug on). I haven't found any log files that could be relevant but am happy to grab them if needed (and if someone can direct me to them please).

Thanks for any assistance