Will there ever be a working Netflix Addon for RasPi?

• After the great experience on my Windows installation I have tried the Netflix Addon for Kodi on the latest Milhouse with my Raspi 2. Allthough the installation and everything went well, the watching experience is a nightmare. Even with some little tricks like overclocking the streams are mostly choppy and async.

I guess that even with release status Libreelec / Leia won't be able to give us the full Netflix experience because it doesn't support hardware acceleration.

Or is there anyone who could keep hopes up?

• RPi2 is a bit underpowered for this job. You probably need to restrict resolution to 480p and / or maximum bandwidth to 2-3MBit/sec to get smooth playback.

With an RPi3B+ 720p Netflix streams work fine out-of-the-box. I've enabled a bit of overclocking on it as well,but mainly to get 1080p HEVC working nicely

Code
    [Pi3+]
    gpu_freq=500
    over_voltage=2
    sdram_freq=580
    over_voltage_sdram=5
    sdram_schmoo=0x02000020

I wouldn't hold my breath for hardware accelerated Netflix playback on RPi, this is mainly a licensing and DRM issue.

so long,

Hias

• Intel NUC, guys. Why buy a smaller-footprint RPi which costs almost the same but requires tedious work to get to work right, has other limitations, and runs ARM, when you can get a mini x64-based board for almost the same price which has NO problem with 1080p, 4K or 3D?

In addition, you can attach anything and it will make use of it - even a USB tv-dongle.