LibreELEC (Leia) v8.90.003 ALPHA

• RE: DVD folders. This condition has been noted and is being investigated - a solution is available but is not ideal.

Please continue to use the 8.90.003 image as we need to investigate all potential problems. Without your input, bugs could remain undetected. This is what alpha builds are for - they are not fully working releases but a snapshot of what is to come.

• RE: DVD folders. This condition has been noted and is being investigated - a solution is available but is not ideal.

Please continue to use the 8.90.003 image as we need to investigate all potential problems. Without your input, bugs could remain undetected. This is what alpha builds are for - they are not fully working releases but a snapshot of what is to come.

Do not worry. Still on LIBREELEC v8.90.003 Alpha. Bluray with makemkv work though!

• Dear developers of Libreelec,

Please, for the final version of Kodi Leia, could you include the binary library to work addon Boblight?

Since Kodi Isengard, this addon stopped working and now require a binary library, but for install it there are no privileges (is necessary to copy a file into usr folder, and it's locked).

[RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon

Please, consider include the binary file in future builds.

Thanks

Kind regards,

Javier

• hi there guys, soo i do have a zotac sd-id10, Atom D510, Intel Graphics 3150, 2gbram\250gb hd and i been used LE from many years (now 8.25) without any issue\or small issues or the hardware limitation( 1080p are slow) wich i can live with them :) , after updating to leia alpha all the letters from main window and all sub menus are missed, other thing it erased all user settings(not user data - all movies are ok :) ) , soo i updated twice(manualy) issues mantain, i reverted back to 8.25 and all ok! if i remember right the same had happen to me on 1st´s versions LE 8 ! i dont know if it is hardware or software issue....

Anyway thanks for your work and time with us noobs!

Rock On mates!

• This is my first message in this forum and new to LE not in the world of Linux.

I can't play HEVC content with LE 8.90.003 in RPi 3b+ however with Milhouse compilation they play without any trouble. Let me know if I can activate any log to now the possible reason or if it's a known trouble to correct in future.

Thanks.

• This is my first message in this forum and new to LE not in the world of Linux.

I can't play HEVC content with LE 8.90.003 in RPi 3b+ however with Milhouse compilation they play without any trouble. Let me know if I can activate any log to now the possible reason or if it's a known trouble to correct in future.

Thanks.

This is expected. The Alpha 3 release (as stated in the blog post) is focused more on OS issues than application (ie. Kodi) issues. Consequently some RPi Kodi functionality is not enabled, including HEVC - this will be enabled in a future release.

• Thanks Milhouse for you rapid answer. I will continue using your compilations they are so good job. I should know how you do it because I compile the github by me and I have the same trouble. It shoud good to know the patches that are applied to get that result. It's an impressive job what you do to have it.

Sorry for my english. Im a spanish user.

• Yes, LE master does not currently include the RPi patches (which is why they're not in Alpha 3). This is a short term solution to an ongoing discussion with Team Kodi, however the longer solution is to restore the RPi patches, hopefully before Beta 1. In my own nightly builds, the RPi patches are here but integrating them into LE isn't a straight forward task using the existing LE build system so my advice would be to wait until we have restored the patches back to LE master.

• we have the boblight binary addon for ages at LE - this should work

but tbh better use hyperion Hyperion [LibreELEC.wiki]

Hello CvH,

Sorry but my ambilight hardware is not compatible with Hyperion. I use Livelight interface.

I know bobligth add-on is available in librelec, but I'm not talking about the add-on, I'm talking about the dependences it needs to work correctly (paste from bobligth GitHub):

If is possible to include the library libboblight.so in future releases will be helpful for people we have an ambilight.

Thanks

Edited once, last by CvH: cleaned up posting (August 17, 2018 at 9:11 AM).

• Everything was so great... Chrome got updated and now works... posting from it right now.

Alas, i stumble upon a movie file that won't start (search for avengers in the log file) : My debug log

The "work in progress" circle appear in the middle of the screen and keeps spinning... nothing else.

But all other files seems fine...!

I also have another system with stable LibreElec version and this one opens this file without problem!

Next is the Chrome addon "no sound" problem...

Youtube works very well except for the sound... :(

Edited 2 times, last by Ti-Paul: New problem... (August 17, 2018 at 2:28 AM).