we have the boblight binary addon for ages at LE - this should work
but tbh better use hyperion Hyperion [LibreELEC.wiki]
Sorry but my ambilight hardware is not compatible with Hyperion. I use Livelight interface.
I know bobligth add-on is available in librelec, but I'm not talking about the add-on, I'm talking about the dependences it needs to work correctly (paste from bobligth GitHub):
- First of all the following clarification: This addon only provides the client. You still need to run the boblightd - daemon somewhere in your network (either on the same mashine as XBMC or on any other mashine in your network, where your boblight hardware is connected to).
- For this addon to be working you need a library for communicating with the boblightd - daemon. It should get automagically downloaded for you on the first run of the addon for Windows and OSX. If it doesn't ask you for the automatic download - disable and reenable the addon - this should get you going. Linux users should have installed the library libboblight.so.
- goto the projects site Google Code Archive - Long-term storage for Google Code Project Hosting. and download the source code. Then compile and install the library by issueing the following commands (without the $'s):
- $ cd <source of boblight><br><br>$ ./configure --without-portaudio --without-opengl --without-x11 --prefix=/usr<br><br>$ make && sudo make install
- This will install the libboblight.so library into /usr/lib - where the boblight addon will find it.
If is possible to include the library libboblight.so in future releases will be helpful for people we have an ambilight.