RetroELEC Kodi+Wayland+Emulationstation+RetroArch (x86/XU4/RPi)

• Have been using your build for a while now and really enjoy it, but I noticed recently that I have not been able to play 10bit hevc files. I have both an intel nuc with the J3455 and an asrock board with J4205. I have noticed if I switch back to Fritsch's build from the kodi forum these files play without issue.

• escalade

I've always built stuff from source ever since I started using Linux, I guess it's just force of habit. Anyway, I downloaded the build with the latest modified date as I wasn't sure specifically which file had the updated drivers. The name of the file I downloaded was: LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.2-devel-20170802.tar

Before installing, I checked the build I was running (branch le82) to see which version of the drivers it had. I think branch le82 might already have had the latest version of drivers (iwlwifi-8265-27.ucode) as that is the same version you linked to in your previous reply. Nonetheless, I downloaded the file from your Google Drive, made an image, and installed it on my NUC. I'm hoping that I downloaded the wrong file as this version also has the same drivers (iwlwifi-8265-27.ucode) from branch le82.

• gwilly7

I think I messed up the HEVC 10bit patch when updating to the latest Krypton. I'm uploading a new build now (20170804) that should be fixed, please try it and let me know.

cragmuer

No, the le82 branch does not have the change I didn't commit it yet. Here it is: iwlwifi-firmware: update to 53913d7 · escalade/LibreELEC.tv@32b1934 · GitHub

You are assuming the filename changed, but it didn't. iwlwifi-8265-27.ucode was updated not added. When I ask you to try a specific build, please do so and not build some dev branch that you believe is up to date. The 20170802 is the correct one, so did it make any difference?

• escalade

Sorry, I was trying to edit my post but my browser kept crashing.

Unfortunately no, the Bluetooth behaves exactly as it did before with build: LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.2-devel-20170802.tar

I downloaded the build you just posted to Google Drive now (LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.2-devel-20170804.img.gz) but don't have the time to install it. As soon as I get home later today I'll install it right away and report back with the findings. Thanks again for all of your help, I'd buy you a pint (or 10 lol) if there was a way.

• I'm building the 64-bit variant. With a downgraded Kodi to stable, since 17.4-RC1 crashes repeatedly on my hardware whereas 17.3 doesnt

How were you able to build your build without oniguruma ? Slang depends on this, and I kept getting an error with oniguruma.h not found.
    This COULD be related to me building on Arch linux

The way I fixed this (Might be a good addition to your project in case others have issues) was by adding the package and adding as a dependency of slang

packages/devel/onig/package.mk

packages/devel/slang/package.mk

Code
    PKG_DEPENDS_TARGET="toolchain onig"
  • Does anyone know where I should look to try and solve this error?

ERROR: CPVRChannelGroupsContainer - GetDirectory - unable to obtain members of channel group 'All channels/extrafanart'

ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting pvr://channels/tv/All channels/extrafanart/

ERROR: CPVRChannelGroupsContainer - GetDirectory - unable to obtain members of channel group 'All channels/../extrafanart'

ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting pvr://channels/tv/All channels/../extrafanart/

I'm pretty sure it only appeared after installing Aeon MQ7 Mod skin.

Also have this error appear recently too.

ERROR: Failed to determine egl config for visual info

WARNING: Visual 0x27 of the window is not suitable, looking for another one...

21:10:38.517 T:139728555289920 NOTICE: Using visual 0x21

21:10:38.548 T:139728555289920 NOTICE: Using visual 0x27

Any ideas on this one?

Have uploaded my log file if that helps.

kodi.zip

Thanks.

• Another error this morning. Kodi failed to completely start up. I think it was because the network failed to start. Reading the log, potentially it couldn't check for updates so stopped at that point.

Am I correct? Can I disable this?

kodi.old.zip

Thanks again.

• Dear Escalade,

For your next build, please, could you include "libboblight.so" file to /usr/lib of your compilation?

libboblight.zip

Acording with the README of boblight script, doing this the boblight script can work correctly.

I'll be waiting for your notices.

Thanks.

Kind regards,

Javier

• escalade

So here's a bit of an update. I figured I'd upgrade the bios on my NUC 7i3 before I went any further as I was quite a few revisions behind. I then disabled all extraneous BIOS features like power saving, virtualization stuff and whatever else I could turn off that didn't affect basic functionality. Then I re-installed a fresh copy using the image from your Google Drive (20170804) and did a limited configuration of LibreELEC, only setting up audio and the PS4 controller. Same as before, however I think I might have stumbled onto something.

Up until this point, I have always unplugged my USB keyboard right after setup and Bluetooth pairing of my keyboard and DS4. This time around I figured I'd leave it plugged in and see what happens in RetroArch. Sure enough, even the wired keyboard is affected when the DS4 is connected. If I launch RetroArch with both the wired keyboard and DS4 connected, both work fine, that is until I launch a game and both stop working.

Here's the weird part, and I'm doing this while accessing the "in-game" RetroArch menu. if I turn off the DS4 the wired keyboard starts working again. I then connect the DS4 but now the wired keyboard starts acting funky like the controller. For example, if I press the down arrow on the keyboard only once it registers like 10 or more key presses, exactly the same as the DS4.

Could it be that the problem isn't with Bluetooth but with something else? It seems odd that even the wired keyboard is affected. Also, I haven't yet tried connecting the DS4 through USB, I'll give that a shot later today. I've attached some log files but there doesn't appear to be anything interesting and not many errors or warnings. Oh, and I just donated, nice to be able to give back for all your help :)

The only interesting thing I noticed in the logs was:

Aug 05 08:21:28 mediaplayer kernel: iwlwifi 0000:3a:00.0: Direct firmware load for iwlwifi-8265-30.ucode failed with error -2
    Aug 05 08:21:28 mediaplayer kernel: iwlwifi 0000:3a:00.0: Direct firmware load for iwlwifi-8265-29.ucode failed with error -2
    Aug 05 08:21:28 mediaplayer kernel: iwlwifi 0000:3a:00.0: Direct firmware load for iwlwifi-8265-28.ucode failed with error -2

• PrimusNZ

I build on Arch, no onigurama.

cragmuer

I assume it's hardware related, as there isn't an issue on other machines. I'm confused by the fact that it only happens with RetroArch as well though, must be some conditions with the input system that sets it off. I believe lrusak have the same NUC perhaps he can comment on bluetooth.

• Hey escalade,

and thank you the great build! I have it running on the basic asus chromebox and it works nicely (so nice in fact that I sent a few € your way).

I do have one small problem though: my audio is output via bluetooth (using pulse audio) which works nicely inside kodi.

However, when using apps like chrome or spotify they do not account for these settings & I get no audio at all. Furthermore, starting them somehow messes up pulse audio and I have to restart the box to get working audio inside kodi again.

In retroarch I could set the correct driver but I have no idea how to do that for chrome/spotify.

Could anyone point me in the right direction how to do that?

• kodi_dude

Chrome/Spotify stops Pulseaudio, so you'll need to create asound.conf as explained on the first page.

If you want to use Chrome with Pulseaudio you need to run this command through SSH:

/storage/.config/usepulse

I think you need to set the default audio output like this as well.

• kodi_dude

Chrome/Spotify stops Pulseaudio, so you'll need to create asound.conf as explained on the first page.

If you want to use Chrome with Pulseaudio you need to run this command through SSH:

/storage/.config/usepulse

I think you need to set the default audio output like this as well.

Thank you a lot for your fast reply. I already figured that I had to edit asound.conf somehow. My problem is, I do not know which device I have to insert there for pulse audio. Using aplay -L only lists the alsa devices.

Also, the command /storage/.config/usepulse is not found. Is usepulse supposed to be an executable inside .config? For me at least it's not there.

So the only thing I've change so far is to add pactl load-module module-udev-detect (and the other lines) to my autostart.sh, which enables the connect to my bt speakers on startup.

BTW aplay -L shows the following output:

Display Spoiler

null

Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (capture)

hdmi:CARD=HDMI,DEV=0

HDA Intel HDMI, HDMI 0

HDMI Audio Output

hdmi:CARD=HDMI,DEV=1

HDA Intel HDMI, HDMI 1

HDMI Audio Output

hdmi:CARD=HDMI,DEV=2

HDA Intel HDMI, HDMI 2

HDMI Audio Output

hdmi:CARD=HDMI,DEV=3

HDA Intel HDMI, HDMI 3

HDMI Audio Output

hdmi:CARD=HDMI,DEV=4

HDA Intel HDMI, HDMI 4

HDMI Audio Output

sysdefault:CARD=PCH

HDA Intel PCH, ALC283 Analog

Default Audio Device

front:CARD=PCH,DEV=0

Front speakers

surround21:CARD=PCH,DEV=0

2.1 Surround output to Front and Subwoofer speakers

surround40:CARD=PCH,DEV=0

4.0 Surround output to Front and Rear speakers

surround41:CARD=PCH,DEV=0

4.1 Surround output to Front, Rear and Subwoofer speakers

surround50:CARD=PCH,DEV=0

5.0 Surround output to Front, Center and Rear speakers

surround51:CARD=PCH,DEV=0

5.1 Surround output to Front, Center, Rear and Subwoofer speakers

surround71:CARD=PCH,DEV=0

7.1 Surround output to Front, Center, Side, Rear and Woofer speakers

pctl info shows this before starting spotify/chrome:

Display Spoiler

Server String: /var/run/pulse/native

Library Protocol Version: 32

Server Protocol Version: 32

Is Local: yes

Client Index: 7

Tile Size: 65472

User Name: root

Host Name: LibKodi

Server Name: pulseaudio

Server Version: 10.0

Default Sample Specification: s16le 2ch 44100Hz

Default Channel Map: front-left,front-right

Default Sink: bluez_sink.F5_05_B4_00_26_17.a2dp_sink

Default Source: alsa_output.pci-0000_00_03.0.hdmi-stereo.monitor

Cookie: 7feb:dd29

pactl info after starting spotify/chrome:

Display Spoiler

pactl info

Connection failure: Connection refused

pa_context_connect() failed: Connection refused

Edited 2 times, last by kodi_dude (August 6, 2017 at 3:25 PM).

• escalade

It is very strange, since i downloaded and installed the newest release "LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.2-devel-20170804"

on my asrock j4205 my USB wifi stick is not detected anymore. I made this update from "LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.0-devel-20170719".

Is this problem based on the change from Version 8.0 to 8.2?