Posts by cragmuer

I understand, and I did exactly that. I went to "settings" then "system" then "logging" and copy/pasted that output into the kodi.log file I attached to my post. None of the other log files that you reference in your first post existed otherwise I would've posted them. I even searched the entire filesystem to make sure none of those log files existed and that I wasn't missing anything.

I understand that dealing with support issues can be frustrating, especially when you say the same thing thousands of times day in and day out. That yes, this makes you a lot less included to help and support users, I really get that. But it's also likely that you'll solicit less donations when you jump down people's throats for innocent mistakes. I donated $30 bucks to your cause because I think it's a great build and I want to see you support it in the future. In fact, I'm going to throw another $30 bucks at it because it's been so great these past months and it's exactly what I've been looking to do for many years.

If this is a simple issue of seeking help and the LE forums then I'll do that, I wasn't sure if that was the case.

Thanks!

Hey escalade just upgraded to the newest version "20171114" and I seem to having issues with the on-board Bluetooth. I'm working off a fresh install from the image downloaded off your Google drive. I'm not sure what the problem is, but the adapter doesn't seem to find any remote devices. I was able to get it to see my keyboard once but it couldn't connect. Tried scanning for devices with hcitool and resetting the interface but that didn't work either.

I also noticed something weird in the settings window under Bluetooth connections. If I leave it at the message that says put your device into discovery mode, every minute or so the "Bluetooth is disabled" message pops up for a split second, like it's getting disabled and enabled very quickly. Anyway, I'm going to try the previous build "20171109" as I upgraded from an old build back in June. If you notice at the end of the log file there appears to be a segmentation fault with Bluetooth.

Let me know what you think, thanks! :)

Zoltan23

I had the exact same issue as you, literally the exact same. I wasn't using a PS3 controller, I was using a PS4 one instead, but it didn't matter which one I used; all Bluetooth controllers presented the same problem. I also had the same log entries referencing the firmware. While we don't have similar hardware, the problem is definitely the same. However, I have since purchased the Sony Bluetooth USB adapter and I no longer have any issues. So whatever the problem was, it seems that it was likely related to my Bluetooth chipset. I haven't yet had a chance to enable the internal Bluetooth to see if there are any remaining conflicts with my Bluetooth keyboard.

escalade

So everything is working great now that I added the Sony USB adapter except for the touchpad on the controller. It's super sensitive and seems like there's no acceleration being applied. I assume this is because I'm using the USB adapter, but I haven't yet had the chance to dig into where these settings are located or even if it's possible to change (I assume it is).

escalade

So here's a bit of an update. I figured I'd upgrade the bios on my NUC 7i3 before I went any further as I was quite a few revisions behind. I then disabled all extraneous BIOS features like power saving, virtualization stuff and whatever else I could turn off that didn't affect basic functionality. Then I re-installed a fresh copy using the image from your Google Drive (20170804) and did a limited configuration of LibreELEC, only setting up audio and the PS4 controller. Same as before, however I think I might have stumbled onto something.

Up until this point, I have always unplugged my USB keyboard right after setup and Bluetooth pairing of my keyboard and DS4. This time around I figured I'd leave it plugged in and see what happens in RetroArch. Sure enough, even the wired keyboard is affected when the DS4 is connected. If I launch RetroArch with both the wired keyboard and DS4 connected, both work fine, that is until I launch a game and both stop working.

Here's the weird part, and I'm doing this while accessing the "in-game" RetroArch menu. if I turn off the DS4 the wired keyboard starts working again. I then connect the DS4 but now the wired keyboard starts acting funky like the controller. For example, if I press the down arrow on the keyboard only once it registers like 10 or more key presses, exactly the same as the DS4.

Could it be that the problem isn't with Bluetooth but with something else? It seems odd that even the wired keyboard is affected. Also, I haven't yet tried connecting the DS4 through USB, I'll give that a shot later today. I've attached some log files but there doesn't appear to be anything interesting and not many errors or warnings. Oh, and I just donated, nice to be able to give back for all your help :)

The only interesting thing I noticed in the logs was:

Aug 05 08:21:28 mediaplayer kernel: iwlwifi 0000:3a:00.0: Direct firmware load for iwlwifi-8265-30.ucode failed with error -2
    Aug 05 08:21:28 mediaplayer kernel: iwlwifi 0000:3a:00.0: Direct firmware load for iwlwifi-8265-29.ucode failed with error -2
    Aug 05 08:21:28 mediaplayer kernel: iwlwifi 0000:3a:00.0: Direct firmware load for iwlwifi-8265-28.ucode failed with error -2

escalade

Sorry, I was trying to edit my post but my browser kept crashing.

Unfortunately no, the Bluetooth behaves exactly as it did before with build: LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.2-devel-20170802.tar

I downloaded the build you just posted to Google Drive now (LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.2-devel-20170804.img.gz) but don't have the time to install it. As soon as I get home later today I'll install it right away and report back with the findings. Thanks again for all of your help, I'd buy you a pint (or 10 lol) if there was a way.

escalade

I've always built stuff from source ever since I started using Linux, I guess it's just force of habit. Anyway, I downloaded the build with the latest modified date as I wasn't sure specifically which file had the updated drivers. The name of the file I downloaded was: LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.2-devel-20170802.tar

Before installing, I checked the build I was running (branch le82) to see which version of the drivers it had. I think branch le82 might already have had the latest version of drivers (iwlwifi-8265-27.ucode) as that is the same version you linked to in your previous reply. Nonetheless, I downloaded the file from your Google Drive, made an image, and installed it on my NUC. I'm hoping that I downloaded the wrong file as this version also has the same drivers (iwlwifi-8265-27.ucode) from branch le82.

escalade

I think I'll wait and try your new build with the updated firmware to see if that works before trying something else. That way I can narrow the problem down to the Bluetooth chipset or something else. I'm going to poke around in the logs anyway just to see if I notice anything out of the ordinary, but as you say no one else seems to be having this problem. I searched high and low on Google and wasn't able to really come up with anything. I can't thank you enough for all the help and the new build,

Let me know when you get around to uploading it and I'll give it a shot! xD

escalade

I wanted to let you know that I successfully built and installed your new release on my Intel NUC 7i3 and everything so far seems to be working fine. I'm still facing the same Bluetooth issue however when launching any ROM from RetroArch. I haven't had much time to really dig around yet but I did notice something new. Originally I thought the problem was only with my PS4 controller, but I have a Bluetooth keyboard and discovered that's also affected by this problem.

Bluetooth works fine in LibreELEC, Chrome, and even RetroArch. I can move around the menus, select a different system/ROM, and launch one from the menu. However once it launches I lose all attached Bluetooth devices, not just the PS4 controller. I had to reconnect both my keyboard and PS4 controller to get them to work. Everything works fine while playing a ROM until I hit the in-game RetroArch menu. If I do that I run into the same issue and have to reconnect any Bluetooth device for it to work. Then if I resume the game I again lose all Bluetooth and have to reconnect. So I'm thinking this problem has to be with Bluetooth and RetroArch as I don't seem to have this problem anywhere else.

Any troubleshooting suggestions you might have would be greatly appreciated. Are there any log files I can dig through that might reveal the problem? What do you think about trying a USB Bluetooth adapter? Are there any specific ones that are recommended for use with LE or RetroArch? What type of system and version of Bluetooth are you successfully running?

escalade

I've been running your development branch for about a day and I can honestly say it runs awesome, though I'll probably build the new version when you officially release it tonight. When I first started this project, one of the main things I wanted to have working was the ability to use a PS4 controller with attached keyboard, sorta like a one-stop-shop for input; use the controllers touchpad/keyboard for Chrome and everything else for emulators and general Kodi navigation. That didn't quite work on the previous version (8.0) but on this version everything works amazingly well, even the touchpad.

The only problem I keep running into, and it was the same on the previous version, is when launching EmulationStation. As soon as RetroArch launches a ROM, I have to reconnect the PS4 controller over Bluetooth. It then works fine until I either hit the in-game RetroArch menu or close it all together. If I reconnect the controller after pressing the left stick to launch the in-game menu, it doesn't respond well to commands and seems like there's phantom key presses. This only happens in RetroArch, the controller works perfectly fine in Chrome and everywhere else I've tested it. Using ds4drv produces the same results, any thoughts?

escalade

Ah, well that explains it. Sorry for not being able to tell the difference. I just saw "active branches" and thought it was a new version but I'm not really that familiar with git. Figured I'd include that log just in case it could help in any way.

On a different note, I can't believe that I've been missing out all this time using LibreELEC LOL! The stuff included in this build is what the original LibreELEC should've come with. It simply blows everything else out of the water, and it all works right out of the box. Being able to watch my slingbox on Chrome really sealed the deal for me, and it runs so damn smoothly too. Everyone should be running this build!

escalade

I saw you released a new version on your github (8.2) and wanted to let you know that I tried building it but ran into errors when it came time to build Kodi. I'm happy with the current version and everything's working great but figured I'd update as I was having some slight issues with my PS4 controller and EmulationStation.

Figured I'd report this issue just in case but I think I've already taken up enough of your time LOL and I'm going to continue on with 8.0 for now. Just as a side note, I tried to build this in the same VM that I successfully built the previous branch (le8-test) in.

You don't by any chance have a copy of this build that you could upload to your Google Drive do you?

escalade

image: creating file LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.0-devel-20170723.img...
    image: creating partition table...
    image: creating part1...
    image: creating part2...
    image: writing mbr...

Finally! LOL

It looks like it might have been the open-vm-tools. I deleted the VM and started over but this time without installing open-vm-tools. I think I left a few other packages out as well, which I think were htop, screen and net-tools. I also added "strip_lto" and "strip_gold" to the package.mk file just in case it was a combination of the open-vm-tools and something else. Anyway, thanks a lot for all of your time and help, I really appreciate it! Oh, and your LibreELEC fork too, which I'm about to install :)

escalade

I just tried building it again but this time I added a new section (make_target) to the package.mk file and put the "strip_lto" option under there. I noticed while searching Google that other packages had the same option but under different sections so I figured I'd give that shot. Still no luck though and it failed to build at the same place with the same error. Maybe I'll try adding it to all the available sections in an attempt to get lucky HAHA. Anyway...

As for the branch, I'm using "le8", do you think I should try "le8-test"? Also, since I'm installing this on an Intel NUC, will disabling the vmware graphic drivers break any possible functionality down the road, like updating or something else? I'm assuming I don't need open-vm-tools if I'm installing it on a NUC but I really don't know much about LibreELEC at all.

I might try Debian again to see if fixing the error I had when compiling NSS is easier. Oh, one last thing, do you think this has anything to do with having open-vm-tools installed on the Arch VM? I think I'm going to reinstall Arch again without installing any extraneous software, which really is only open-vm-tools and stuff like sudo, vim and htop. How are you building this, is it through a VM running on ESXi or some other virtualization platform? Maybe I'll give that a shot instead. Trying all avenues here LOL...

escalade
    Thanks for the suggestion. I looked up the package.mk format on the LibreELEC wiki and followed that as an example. I added the option "strip_lto" but unfortunately the build process just hit the same error. I've attached another text file that includes the output, which really is the same, and a copy/paste of the package.mk for open-vm-tools just in case you see something I might have edited incorrectly or left out. I'm also going to try the "strip_gold" option mentioned on the LibreELEC wiki page as a last resort.

As for the environment, before I attempted to add the "strip_lto" option I deleted the virtual machine and re-installed a fresh copy of Arch fully updated. You don't think it might have something to do with having so many CPU cores presented to the VM do you? I was going to use just a single core but the build was going so slow I figured for this go around I'd try with all 32 cores. It's very odd that you don't have any problems and yet we seem to be using entirely similar build environments. I'm also going to try and manually compile a copy of open-vm-tools and libdnet and see what happens. What do you think about trying an older version of open-vm-tools or eliminating the package all together, if that's even possible.

Again, thanks a lot for your help and especially your time on this problem. I've really been stumped for like the past 2 weeks trying to get this to work so it's much appreciated!