[S812] Build for Acemax M8S M8S+

• Regarding the power on/off issue. My remote works to turn it on and off again

In my remote.conf, found in /etc/amremote, the power is binded to 0x40 116. Altough I'm not sure this is the remote conf it uses, but I don't find another one.

For the rest, I don't use the the powercable but power it throug USB with such a splitted USB cable to power a external harddrive through 2 usb ports.
    Lik this one:

Amazon.com: StarTech.com USB2HABMY3 3 Feet USB Y Cable for External Hard Drive - USB A to mini B: Computers & Accessories

• Hi!
    First off, I'm sorry to jump in with my issue here, but I've seen other people with similar S812 devices being redirected toward this thread.

I have an OTT M8S (S812) 2G (clone, I assume) with bcm4335. full image here

I've had no success getting any of LE builds I've tried to successfully install on this device, as it appears that they're all built for the AP6330.
    For the sake of reference, I've tried this build: MEGA, Drieschel's Build mentioned here: LibreELEC as well as balbes150's build: S6KtL-SVuHcLq, with no success. I either get stuck in a boot loop, frozen on the AML Boot logo or simply stuck on a black screen with no LED lit on the box itself.

Here is a link to the box's stock firmware, where BT, Wifi & Lan all work: cyx_m8s_v8.6_bcm4335_8g2g_kodi_addons_160125_SD.zip
    I've also extracted the dtd from that firmware: OTT_M8S_4335.dtd

I'm more than happy to serve as a guinea pig to get a working version of LE for this device. If anyone is willing to help, I'd be most grateful.

Edited once, last by Kshi (November 3, 2016 at 5:30 PM).

• Hi!
    First off, I'm sorry to jump in with my issue here, but I've seen other people with similar S812 devices being redirected toward this thread.

I have an OTT M8S (S812) 2G (clone, I assume) with bcm4335. full image here

I've had no success getting any of LE builds I've tried to successfully install on this device, as it appears that they're all built for the AP6330.
    For the sake of reference, I've tried this build: MEGA, Drieschel's Build mentioned here: LibreELEC as well as balbes150's build: S6KtL-SVuHcLq, with no success. I either get stuck in a boot loop, frozen on the AML Boot logo or simply stuck on a black screen with no LED lit on the box itself.

Here is a link to the box's stock firmware, where BT, Wifi & Lan all work: cyx_m8s_v8.6_bcm4335_8g2g_kodi_addons_160125_SD.zip
    I've also extracted the dtd from that firmware: OTT_M8S_4335.dtd

I'm more than happy to serve as a guinea pig to get a working version of LE for this device. If anyone is willing to help, I'd be most grateful.

Hi,

I am having hard time to get completly working firmware for same device. Wifi and bluetooth not working, I can use only 1gb ram (device show kernel panic if compiled with 2gb RAM dtd file), power off sometimes works but sometimes freze...
    Please follow this link, i will post download link tonight, as soon as firmware upload on server.

• Hi!

I use LibreELEC-MX3G.arm-7.0.1.4.xz for my clone M8S (Amlogic S812).
    It works well, except remote. (LibreELEC use only 1GB RAm instead of 2, but 1 GB enough for LibreELEC)
    I extract remote.conf from M8S 's Android firmware and put into Kodi's config directory. Arrows buttons works, but Ok do not work. How can I fix OK button?
    I find my remote.conf
    ok_key_scancode = 0x13

Which is the working code for OK?

I found the solution. 0x13 is correct.
    but I had to change scancode in remote.conf

#ok_key_scancode = 0x13 I put # before this line

And I modified key_begin section

# 0x13 232
    0x13 28 #ENTER OK

So I changed 232 to 28

Edited once, last by kenand (January 29, 2017 at 3:44 PM).

• Has anyone got luck yet with Acemax M8S+ libreelec with working WIFI and if the box could be turned off using remote control and then turned on using remote control ( if the box is turned off using remote control ; it can only be turned on by replugging the power cable ) as previos versions of 7.0.2 released by Kerber had these issues. If yes, can you please share. I am running currently openelec 6.95.1 which is the last stable version for this box

Picture of the board attached -

Thanks

Edited once, last by Mick84 (February 20, 2017 at 1:05 AM).

• Has anyone got luck yet with Acemax M8S+ libreelec with working WIFI and if the box could be turned off using remote control and then turned on using remote control ( if the box is turned off using remote control ; it can only be turned on by replugging the power cable ) as previos versions of 7.0.2 released by Kerber had these issues. If yes, can you please share. I am running currently openelec 6.95.1 which is the last stable version for this box

Picture of the board attached -

Thanks

You will need to ask ACEMAX for the appropriate firmware that corrects the remote on. You could try KII firmware as they are interchangeable. Balbes150's builds work on KII and Acemax M8S+.

thread-1506.html

• You will need to ask ACEMAX for the appropriate firmware that corrects the remote on. You could try KII firmware as they are interchangeable. Balbes150's builds work on KII and Acemax M8S+.

thread-1506.html

HI mate

Can you please advise which firmware works best for acemax M8s+ (i ahve tried 2 links and the remote control does not work)

If you could share a working link that would be great

Thanks

• This one: Releases · AlexELEC/AlexELEC-AML · GitHub (kodi 17) and
    This one: MEGA (kodi 16.1)

Hello mate thanks for your reply

And I have tried Kerber's 7.0.2 version and Alexelec 2.18 as well but for both of them the WIFI isnt working

PS - I have also seen picture of your PCB (board for M8S+) and just wanted to let you know that it is not orignal Acemax M8s+ that you have.

I have attached a clear picture of ACemax M8S+ in the my previos post.

Hope, to see Libreelec working on my M8S+ :s :s

• I have attached a clear picture of Acemax M8S+ in the my previos post.

Hope, to see Libreelec working on my M8S+ :s :s

Can you confirm that the wifi chip on your board says AP6330? I can't read it due to the reflection on the photo.

I'm running LibreELEC-S802.M8SPlus.arm-7.0-devel-20160923081027-r23240-gafd8f8c.tar build and all works fine.

My board looks like yours. I assume you started from working Acemax firmware?

BTW - before that build, I was running a slightly customized version of Drieschel's original builds - I can't remember if that's when I got the power working from the remote. If you want to try that version, it's here: LibreELEC-S802.M8.arm-7.0.2-2-devel.tar

Since both of these are .tar upgrade files - you will likely need to start from Drieschel's base version - or if you're already LE it should upgrade just fine.
    [hr]
    One more thing - if you don't have Android firmware running with a working remote - it likely means you have the wrong firmware. That will throw off anything you do in LE. You should be able to run this version: Download latest Android Lollipop 5.1.1 stock firmware for M8S+ TV Box - China Gadgets Reviews as on update to get working again.

There is also a version on the Acemax site - but you need to use the usb burning tool and a male to male usb cable to flash your box. MEGA

Once you have a working remote (and on/off/restart) with the android firmware - you can move to LE.

Edited once, last by edit4ever (March 3, 2017 at 1:09 AM).

• Hi mate

Wifi module is BCM4335 and i have tried both the Libreelec versions.

LibreELEC-S802.M8SPlus.arm-7.0-devel-20160923081027-r23240-gafd8f8c.tar I ried this version and wifi and ethernet both not working

LibreELEC-S802.M8.arm-7.0.2-2-devel.tar I tried this version and wifi and remote control does not work (ethernet is ok)

Everything works fine in Openelec 6.95.1.1 from kerber Amlinux (Index of /image ) but when updating to Libreelec 7.0.2 from Amlinux Wifi does not work and once its turned off, unit cannot be restarted from remote control (need to take the power cable out and then put it back to restart)

Strange thing is when I am on version 7.0.2 from amlinux when connected with ethernet cable at the startup, I get a pop up that says "Update available". I then go to Libreelec setting and check updates and it starts downloading a update file 7.0.2.001 file and it takes about an hour and then after the restart wifi starts working

Can some one please help and do a Kodi 17 version ( if not 16.1 will be good too) and do a proper zip or tar file

I have the Kernel and driver files if that helps.

Edited once, last by Mick84 (March 4, 2017 at 12:01 PM).

• I have the acemax m8s+ and flashed Amlogic.arm-M8SPlus-7.0.2 librteelec, and had the same remote problem of it not starting. After reading this forum, I went into the libreelec settings, checked for update and got the 7.0.2.001 file. This fixed the remote problem of not starting! However, there is still no bluetooth and there is no output from the av output. The rest seems to work well. Has anyone tried the Releases · AlexELEC/AlexELEC-AML · GitHub (kodi 17) on the acemax m8s+? My box came with openelec 6.95.1 on it, but no bluetooth or av output, so I tried the android 5.1.1 version which did have bluetooth and av output working, but it was android.....

• I have the acemax m8s+ and flashed Amlogic.arm-M8SPlus-7.0.2 librteelec, and had the same remote problem of it not starting. After reading this forum, I went into the libreelec settings, checked for update and got the 7.0.2.001 file. This fixed the remote problem of not starting! However, there is still no bluetooth and there is no output from the av output. The rest seems to work well. Has anyone tried the Releases · AlexELEC/AlexELEC-AML · GitHub (kodi 17) on the acemax m8s+? My box came with openelec 6.95.1 on it, but no bluetooth or av output, so I tried the android 5.1.1 version which did have bluetooth and av output working, but it was android.....

Hi mate

I can send you the Libreelec 7.0.2.001 updated file. let me know if you would like that.

I have tried ALEXELEC version 2.1.8 and have been advised that the device tree is not for ACEMAX m8S+

there is a new version out just today version 2.2.0 which i have yet to be tried but i was told that it probably should work ok on ACemax M8s+ so i can let you know how i go when i test it in a day or 2

• Hi mate

I can send you the Libreelec 7.0.2.001 updated file. let me know if you would like that.

I have tried ALEXELEC version 2.1.8 and have been advised that the device tree is not for ACEMAX m8S+

there is a new version out just today version 2.2.0 which i have yet to be tried but i was told that it probably should work ok on ACemax M8s+ so i can let you know how i go when i test it in a day or 2

AlexELEC 2.2.0 should work with BCM4335 now.
    I'll check in my M8S+ if it's still working with AP6330 and what's with bluetooth...

Here's what's new in 2.2.0:

kodi: up to 17.1-rc2-9637da6
    vdr-plugin-vnsiserver-615a077
    S812: add support BCM4335B0 wifi & other firmware
    S812: fix rtl8723bs_bt firmware
    S812: add device MXIII_G

Edited once, last by dankec (March 9, 2017 at 8:11 AM).

• AlexELEC 2.2.0 should work with BCM4335 now.
    I'll check in my M8S+ if it's still working with AP6330 and what's with bluetooth...

Here's what's new in 2.2.0:

kodi: up to 17.1-rc2-9637da6
    vdr-plugin-vnsiserver-615a077
    S812: add support BCM4335B0 wifi & other firmware
    S812: fix rtl8723bs_bt firmware
    S812: add device MXIII_G

thanks, I already have the Libreelec 7.0.2.001 and as i mentioned it did fix the remote on problem. Will wait till someone tries out the AlexELEC 2.2.0.

Has anyone tried a version where the av output works? Why do I need it - My onkyo amplifier has a zone 2 which requires analog input which i use for music in my studio and elsewhere.... bluetooth - well i have a nice bluetooth keyboard, but bluetooth not necessary.

• I tried out the AlexELEC 2.2.0 on my m8s+ and it does seem to work quite well. However, you might want to find out where the menu to change the language is in kodi 17 before installing it as the default is russian, and unfortunately i don't speak russian. So it took awhile to find the language change. Bluetooth is working on this version, but the av output is not. Will report back after trying it out more. I haven't checked the wifi, as i am using ethernet, but the wifi shows up in the menu, so probably works. I will check it out and report. So far, it is just installed on my sd card, so I still have the 7.02 Libreelec installed.