[S812] MIII Plus 2Gb\16Gb eMMC

• Image LE model S812 S802. Make on the basis of two GIT drieschel and kszaq , with some additions and changes. To use you must activate universal multiboot (after burning the image to SD card use toothpick method on a TV console). After a one-time activation universal multi-boot with TV box, you can use the images recorded on USB media. To use the TV box still images OE LE (with old multi-boot option), it is enough to copy to the FAT partition of those drives, file script s805_autoscript .

https://yadi.sk/d/8vNYuuxynz1L0w?w=1

The branch with the source code for the Assembly.
    GitHub - 150balbes/LibreELEC.tv: 'Just enough OS' for Kodi

Scripts for LE.
    Amlogic_s905/script/S805/LIBREELEC at master · 150balbes/Amlogic_s905 · GitHub

Add image Jarvis
    Add image Krypton

• It's always good to see new community efforts to support more devices.

It would be nice if you can add a link to the source code, I can see you have already uploaded it to your Github account.

• The updated image. A number of changes to the load scripts. Added reboot into Recovery. Note that when using the system with external SD card before selecting reboot into Recovery, you need to remove the script aml_autoscript SD card from FAT partition. Otherwise, when the script aml_autoscript and select reboot into Recovery, the looping start. If this happens, turn off TV box and remove the script. After that, you can continue to use this SD card.

• This version of the image for use with external media (SD card and USB flash drive). You can try without limitations on any device. TV box it will not hurt.

The use of features described in this topic.
    LibreELEC for Tronsmart MIII Plus - FreakTab.com

Thanks but still unclear for me what do I have to do...

I need to burn this image on SD via Amlogic tool?

Could you try to make cookbook what to do using numbers... 1. 2. 3... etc

• 1. Download
    2. Unpack
    3. Record to SD card
    4. Insert into TV box
    5. Turn on the console while holding the button (toothpick method)

After a single activation universal multi-boot, you can use the LE from the SD card , or to write the image to a USB flash drive and use LE with USB. If you want to use other images with OE LE (which uses the old multi-boot), you must additionally copy on the SD card file s805_autoscript , which can be downloaded at this link.

S6KtL-SVuHcLq

Notice that my images collected for meson8m2_n200_2G.
    If necessary, can be assembled with another option dtb.

• Thanks but still not clear "for dummies" like me. :)
    Record to SD card formatted with Amlogic tool or just copy (drag and drop) to any SD card?

Also what exactly to choose when we enter "toothpick menu"?

Edited once, last by dankec (September 13, 2016 at 9:27 AM).

• LibreELEC

SD card:

• Download img.xz file and create SD card: Installation - LibreELEC
    • As a result, you should have system files: aml_autoscript, kernel.img, SYSTEM (etc) files on your SD card.
    • To boot the system for the first time you have to use one of the following:

• toothpick method: disconnect the power supply, insert SD card, use a toothpick to push reset button and connect the power while holding the button. Wait until LibreELEC logo appears and release the button.
    • You have to do step 3 only once. You should repeat step 3 if booting from SD fails after Android reconfiguration/update. Don't worry, it won't delete your data.

• LibreELEC

SD card:

• Download img.xz file and create SD card: Installation - LibreELEC
    • As a result, you should have system files: aml_autoscript, kernel.img, SYSTEM (etc) files on your SD card.
    • To boot the system for the first time you have to use one of the following:

• toothpick method: disconnect the power supply, insert SD card, use a toothpick to push reset button and connect the power while holding the button. Wait until LibreELEC logo appears and release the button.
    • You have to do step 3 only once. You should repeat step 3 if booting from SD fails after Android reconfiguration/update. Don't worry, it won't delete your data.

OK, now is 100% clear. I made SD cart with win disk imager, but no luck... It just shows M8S+ logo then go back to black screen then back to logo, to screen and so on... I've been holding reset all that time. So I even cannot go to libreelec screen. I will try with 20160906 now.

EDIT: WHen I replace script s805_autoscript with old one from your download then it freezes on M8S+ logo after releasing reset button.

EDIT 2: No luck with 20160906 also. It freezes at the very beginning on M8S+ logo.

Edited once, last by dankec (September 13, 2016 at 6:06 PM).

• The "Reset" button for a long time do not need to keep. Clicked the button. Turn on the power. Appeared the logo. Release the button. If you hold the button, will not occur in the system boot LE. LE can only be start when you released the button.
    [hr]
    Please note, the activation of multi-boot (boot from SD card when pressing the RESET button) is executed only once. All subsequent start to be performed WITHOUT pressing the button.

• The "Reset" button for a long time do not need to keep. Clicked the button. Turn on the power. Appeared the logo. Release the button. If you hold the button, will not occur in the system boot LE. LE can only be start when you released the button.
    [hr]
    Please note, the activation of multi-boot (boot from SD card when pressing the RESET button) is executed only once. All subsequent start to be performed WITHOUT pressing the button.

I tried with long and short reset button keeping, the same thing... box hangs in reset cycling. I even tried to full format SD card and then produce image. The same. Nevermind, thanks for everything...

I could now try with eMMC version, this is the last option... Is it also an update (it won't delete my data?)

• If You have not launched a version for external drives, I don't recommend trying the installation of this version in the internal memory. Most likely, it will lead to brick. If You give a link to the firmware from Your device, I can try building a version with the desired data dtb.

Here's the link:

MEGA

It's Libreelec version which is working fine on M8S+ except that you cannot turn the box back on after turning it off (you have to replug it). Also there's stuttering with LiveTV.

Thanks in advance!

Edited once, last by dankec (September 14, 2016 at 8:05 AM).

• You gave a link to the image LE. That's not what I need. I need dts\dtd\dtb file for Your TV set-top box (to get the data from them to build an image LE). The files can get from the image / files with Android firmware for Your TV box. So I asked do You have a link to this firmware (from Your TV set-top box). For example, on the website of the manufacturer of Your TV box.

Now I have collected test image LE (for external media) on the basis of shared DTS file meson8m2_n200C_2G. Maybe this way will be able to start on Your equipment. At least with partial hardware support.

ba3tiLoSvAirr