Posts by skeena

I tried out the AlexELEC 2.2.0 on my m8s+ and it does seem to work quite well. However, you might want to find out where the menu to change the language is in kodi 17 before installing it as the default is russian, and unfortunately i don't speak russian. So it took awhile to find the language change. Bluetooth is working on this version, but the av output is not. Will report back after trying it out more. I haven't checked the wifi, as i am using ethernet, but the wifi shows up in the menu, so probably works. I will check it out and report. So far, it is just installed on my sd card, so I still have the 7.02 Libreelec installed.

AlexELEC 2.2.0 should work with BCM4335 now.
    I'll check in my M8S+ if it's still working with AP6330 and what's with bluetooth...

Here's what's new in 2.2.0:

kodi: up to 17.1-rc2-9637da6
    vdr-plugin-vnsiserver-615a077
    S812: add support BCM4335B0 wifi & other firmware
    S812: fix rtl8723bs_bt firmware
    S812: add device MXIII_G

thanks, I already have the Libreelec 7.0.2.001 and as i mentioned it did fix the remote on problem. Will wait till someone tries out the AlexELEC 2.2.0.

Has anyone tried a version where the av output works? Why do I need it - My onkyo amplifier has a zone 2 which requires analog input which i use for music in my studio and elsewhere.... bluetooth - well i have a nice bluetooth keyboard, but bluetooth not necessary.

I have the acemax m8s+ and flashed Amlogic.arm-M8SPlus-7.0.2 librteelec, and had the same remote problem of it not starting. After reading this forum, I went into the libreelec settings, checked for update and got the 7.0.2.001 file. This fixed the remote problem of not starting! However, there is still no bluetooth and there is no output from the av output. The rest seems to work well. Has anyone tried the Releases · AlexELEC/AlexELEC-AML · GitHub (kodi 17) on the acemax m8s+? My box came with openelec 6.95.1 on it, but no bluetooth or av output, so I tried the android 5.1.1 version which did have bluetooth and av output working, but it was android.....