@balbes150 LE images with Kodi-19 for S9xxx

• Set up a test for the most recent image

LibreELEC-AMLG12.aarch64-9.1-devel-20190521095510-a41fdf1-box.img

and used

meson-g12a-x96-max-rmii.dtb

on a 2GB 100 Mb/s Xmax S905x2

Wired ethernet connected early and clean.

The sound out is greyed out and showing Bluetooth/pulseaudio.

There are some issues with LiveTV channel changing and remote use. [Using tvheadend server on LAN and tvheadend client on the Xmax.]

That was only an initial test run ..... have to give it a longer run when I get a chance.

EDIT: Forgot to add

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # dmesg | grep -i sound
    [    0.046422] Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Initialized.
    [    1.205094]   No soundcards found.

EDIT Again:

I tried the ARM image but the wired network would not connect so went no further.

Edited 3 times, last by JohnBoyz (May 22, 2019 at 2:59 PM).

• I know nothing about HDMI audio (I'll buy a new receiver eventually) but I use 5.1 / passthrough over s/pdif and for that I have to set HDMI audio output to 2 channels.

• Tested same version on T96Q S905x2 box. Same issue, most things seem to be working, but sound out is greyed out and showing Bluetooth/pulseaudio

• It looks like balbes150 used an outdated kernel config for G12 image and didn't enable sound drivers.

You can try using this image (universal image for S905 and S905X2, remember to choose device tree): (removed)

• It looks like balbes150 used an outdated kernel config for G12 image and didn't enable sound drivers.

You can try using this image (universal image for S905 and S905X2, remember to choose device tree): (removed)

Thanks.

Wired connection came up.

Audio is greyed out and showing BT/pulse as above.

Could not connect to LibreElec Repository.

Also USB slot problem.

Unfortunately worse than most recent balbes150 Aarch64 image ;)

• Official Post

JohnBoyz I'm interested in whether this image: libreelec-amlg12.arm-9.1.0-sdcard.img.gz has working ethernet using the x96max dts (there is no rmii variant in the image). Sound should be working.

NB: Files will be removed in a couple of hours - I'm not about to start releasing images. And do not read anything into the version number, it simply ensures that some scripts I use have a static filename to target.

• JohnBoyz I'm interested in whether this image: libreelec-amlg12.arm-9.1.0-sdcard.img.gz has working ethernet using the x96max dts (there is no rmii variant in the image). Sound should be working.

NB: Files will be removed in a couple of hours - I'm not about to start releasing images. And do not read anything into the version number, it simply ensures that some scripts I use have a static filename to target.

Will check in a few minutes

• chewitt , I know your test version was for the 100m version of the x96 Max 2/16 , however I can confirm that I have updated my x96Max 4/32 gig version, and confirm that the eth0 came up with no problem, the 1080p playback of a m2ts file played no problem with HDMI sound (2 channel).

• JohnBoyz I'm interested in whether this image: libreelec-amlg12.arm-9.1.0-sdcard.img.gz has working ethernet using the x96max dts (there is no rmii variant in the image). Sound should be working.

Initial try it did not boot CE ...... all I got was the X96 Max globe screen and there it stopped.

I will try a second write of the image.

EDIT:

No, image will not boot using .dts - I tried two SD cards and also tried cards in SD to USB adapter.

It will boot using x96-max.dtb and has sound but no network connection.

Edited 3 times, last by JohnBoyz: Added info (May 22, 2019 at 5:45 PM).

• Feedback for Khadas VIM2 Pro with build 20190521

Installed LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-9.1-devel-20190521114453-a41fdf1-box.img.gz cleanly onto SD card.

(editing uEnv.ini to add pointer to meson-gxm-khadas-vim2.dtb)

Booted into LibeELEC for first time and Kodi GUI Text is all Black?

vSfyt0b.jpg

p8eZEvx.jpg

Utilised a previous build backup, to get latest installation how I like with few addons set-up for basic usage testing where after backup installed GUI text was still black? Kodi.log

Additional quick sanity checks on use, after capturing above kodi log.

Wired LAN OK as expected.

Streaming Live TV via typical addon, Graphics and Audio OK via HDMI - H264@854x480

Watching DVB-T Live TV via Tvheadened backend running on rpi3 across network, Graphics and Audio OK via HDMI - H264@1290x1080

Note thin purple horizontal line is always present across bottom of screen when streaming and watching Live TV

Edited once, last by MikeKL (May 22, 2019 at 10:00 PM).

• try to version 2\16

https://yadi.sk/d/cprr2gv7tzju3a

This unblocked the Audio Selection, giving three options ......

Alsa: Default (G12A-X96-Max Analog)

Alsa:G12A-X96-Max Analog

Pulse: Default, Bluetooth Audio (PULSEAUDIO)

There is no HDMI option which is what I use.

I tried to get audio from A/V connection but failed ...... that might well be I did not have the correct connector, I am unsure.

So although I heard no audio, and could not get video to play, the above audio options were editable.

HTHs