@balbes150 LE images with Kodi-19 for S9xxx

• Amlogic (and Allwinner/Rockchip) development is focussed on Kodi master branch not the relase K18 branch and overall development on GBM/V4L2 moved beyond the point where it's sensible to backport patches so K18 images are no longer being created and we move forwards. The Python3 add-on situation will improve once the first K19 alpha ships and a greater volume of users demands working add-ons from their creators.

• @chewitt

I understand what you mean. I'm not asking you to continue developing k18. I just lost the image on your computer and your network disk was deleted. I just wanted to find a download location for the k18 version. Maybe I didn't express my meaning clearly, sorry

• Amlogic (and Allwinner/Rockchip) development is focussed on Kodi master branch not the relase K18 branch and overall development on GBM/V4L2 moved beyond the point where it's sensible to backport patches so K18 images are no longer being created and we move forwards. The Python3 add-on situation will improve once the first K19 alpha ships and a greater volume of users demands working add-ons from their creators.

I understand, but there is no way to download the previous kodi 18 based images? Do we need to compile them from sources?

Some of my most used addons don't work with kodi 19, when they do I will try your latest images for sure.

• After we received this good news friends would still be viable a box S912.

Maybe to replace S905 For I do not have 4K TV yet.

src/gallium/drivers/panfrost · master · Mesa / mesa · GitLab

Opening up Mali T720

Is there a point? I dumped S912 long time ago due to buggy libhubris Mali driver and got myself S905X. It runs with 4K TV just fine. Speaking about Panfrost progress: it's really nice to see what those guys achieved during such short period. If they continue their efforts and move to Bitfrost driver (as they stated before), we should be able to run Mesa on latest Amlogic hardware. Though there is one more milestone to reach to get fully open source LE on Amlogic — H.265 10-bit decoder. I would even consider a donation to this goal if there's a fundraiser.

• Speaking about Panfrost progress: it's really nice to see what those guys achieved during such short period. If they continue their efforts and move to Bitfrost driver (as they stated before), we should be able to run Mesa on latest Amlogic hardware. Though there is one more milestone to reach to get fully open source LE on Amlogic — H.265 10-bit decoder. I would even consider a donation to this goal if there's a fundraiser.

Panfrost is mostly an all-girl effort and she's 17-years old with a very bright future ahead of her. We have been using it for S912 support for 6+ months now and T820 support recently achieved "all green" on mesa dEQP tests which puts it broadly on-part with the ARM blob - and in some performance tests it completely outperforms the closed-source blob. Panfrost has been checking milestones off but the future direction isn't clear at the moment, i.e. whether development will continue to focus on other aspects of midgard support (OpenCL etc.) or whether they'll start to poke bifrost. Mali blobs exist for bifrost though, so there's no rush. Elsewhere in the LE codebase we've just switched our Rockchip images over to lima/panfrost as part of the bump to mainline kernels (no more Linux 4.4 bsp kernel). Allwinner still needs some work before it can make the same switch, but hopefully it will happen in the near future too.

For Amlogic HEVC support is being worked upon, but it's not simple. The original firmware(s) have issues, and there are differences in the software implmentation between GX, G12 and SM1 platforms which complicates everything. I've currently dropped the HEVC driver from my working branch so that content is forced through a software-decode path which at least avoids the hard crashing from missing firmware. FFmpeg still needs rework to accomodate other ecent vdec changes (H264/VP9) but I'm hoping it will be looked at in January to be combined with a Linux 5.5 bump.

VIM3L is already supported in my working tree so other SM1 (S905X3) devices should be reasonably simple to add support for.

• I can't wait to dust off my x92. I'm already happily running nightlies on a beelink x2 (allwinner H3). If the s912 comes to life, thanks to Alyssa's great panfrost effort, that would be great news!

• Panfrost is mostly an all-girl effort and she's 17-years old with a very bright future ahead of her. We have been using it for S912 support for 6+ months now and T820 support recently achieved "all green" on mesa dEQP tests which puts it broadly on-part with the ARM blob - and in some performance tests it completely outperforms the closed-source blob. Panfrost has been checking milestones off but the future direction isn't clear at the moment, i.e. whether development will continue to focus on other aspects of midgard support (OpenCL etc.) or whether they'll start to poke bifrost. Mali blobs exist for bifrost though, so there's no rush. Elsewhere in the LE codebase we've just switched our Rockchip images over to lima/panfrost as part of the bump to mainline kernels (no more Linux 4.4 bsp kernel). Allwinner still needs some work before it can make the same switch, but hopefully it will happen in the near future too.

For Amlogic HEVC support is being worked upon, but it's not simple. The original firmware(s) have issues, and there are differences in the software implmentation between GX, G12 and SM1 platforms which complicates everything. I've currently dropped the HEVC driver from my working branch so that content is forced through a software-decode path which at least avoids the hard crashing from missing firmware. FFmpeg still needs rework to accomodate other ecent vdec changes (H264/VP9) but I'm hoping it will be looked at in January to be combined with a Linux 5.5 bump.

VIM3L is already supported in my working tree so other SM1 (S905X3) devices should be reasonably simple to add support for.

I have found this GREAT post by odroidn2user explaining hardware accelaration in Amlogic devices, after reading it your post makes much more sense.

Demystifying Odroid N2 hardware acceleration - ODROID

Keep up the great work, you are nearly there!!

• Junoxe There is no 9.2.0 version - hence no links on the download page. LE chose to stop working on the old vendor kernel after LE 8.2 and has been working on moving the Amlogic platform onto a mainline codebase - which is still an ongoing effort. Test images that support S905X2 are here Index of / or you can use balbes150 images which are linked in the first post of this thread.

• Junoxe There is no 9.2.0 version - hence no links on the download page. LE chose to stop working on the old vendor kernel after LE 8.2 and has been working on moving the Amlogic platform onto a mainline codebase - which is still an ongoing effort. Test images that support S905X2 are here Index of / or you can use balbes150 images which are linked in the first post of this thread.

chewitt :

Unfortunately there are no more Kodi 18 / 18.5 images for S922X (aka Odroid-N2).

Or am I blind and can't find the corresponding links in the Amlogic threads ?

Greetings