[8.2.4.1] LibreELEC Kodi Krypton - S905 & S912 devices

• Because I have an issue. I install Hyperion on my Minix u9-h neo S912 Box and the ambilight of "Hyperion addon" works with the KODI interface and "pictures" but not with 98% of my video's for some reason.

I don't even have my u9-h yet, so take what I'm saying here with a grain of salt, but, when I search for "Hyperion addon" and hit the first page that comes up (Kodi Addon | Hyperion - Forum), the big red "ATTENTION" area right in the middle of the image there, point number two says "Don't use this Addon with enabled hardware acceleration on Android boxes/systems! It won't work!", and I'd assume 98% of your videos are being hardware accelerated.

• I don't even have my u9-h yet, so take what I'm saying here with a grain of salt, but, when I search for "Hyperion addon" and hit the first page that comes up (Kodi Addon | Hyperion - Forum), the big red "ATTENTION" area right in the middle of the image there, point number two says "Don't use this Addon with enabled hardware acceleration on Android boxes/systems! It won't work!", and I'd assume 98% of your videos are being hardware accelerated.

I just try without enable hardware acceleration and, HOLY SH*T this works!!!!! You sir are my saviour of the day. I didnt see that page in the guide at all.

Still have 3 issues/questions however. Sorry if I ask them here but maybe you know a thing or 2 about this since you knew about hardware acceleration.

1. Which is my main issue atm. The colours are "fading" in and out which is annoying as hell making the ambilight colours not correct. So the colours are always "lagging behind by some" This happens mostly with scenes that are rapidly switching/changing. If the screen is mostly static you'll won't notice any problem. I think this might be a "feature" "effect" of some sorts i googled around can this be a "cinematic fade in/out effect" that is on? I don't see an option though for it.

Took a video check here: http://www.mediafire.com/...9/VID_20180915_123721.3gp

2. When playing HDR video's will the colours be correct? (still need to test this myself)

3. What Threshold value to attribute for playing 16:9 movies? I read around and saw some people talking about values ranging from 0.10 % to 0.25%

But the guide mentions WAY higher values such as 14 or 16%. I tried both of them. But couldn't say which is more correct quickly. I think (not sure) that the 0.25% value caused in more ambilight then the 16% value."

https://hyperion-project.org/wiki/Blackbord…ction-Threshold

• I just try without enable hardware acceleration and, HOLY SH*T this works!!!!! You sir are my saviour of the day. I didnt see that page in the guide at all.

Still have 3 issues/questions however. Sorry if I ask them here but maybe you know a thing or 2 about this since you knew about hardware acceleration.

This has nothing to do with wrxtasy's images, ask it in the right section

• Hello,

Thanks for this awesome work.

Just a quick question : does the hardware acceleration of the S912 works on YUV444 files ? For some reason, they keep crashing the box (or the video is unwatchable at one frame every ten seconds or so), which makes me think the HW acceleration is not working for those.

I'm on 8.2.5.0.

Thanks !

• Hello,

I have a Mecool KI PRO with your build LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2.4.2-S905Test-1529136339 but I have a problem with DVB-T Tuner and Tvheadend 4.2.5 ~ LibreELEC Tvh-addon v8.2.113 :

When I scan muxes, all of availables muxes in my area are OK, but only one can't be scanned : the 618Mhz (and offsets like 618.166Mhz/618.167Mhz or 617.833Mhz)

But the real problem is that this mux is available on my PC (with Hauppauge DVB-T tuner) with full of signal strength and quality, with the same antena.

At this time you will said that the DVB-T of my Mecool KI PRO is bad quality ... but in TVH the signal strength and quality during the scan are the same (even better) than all others muxes who are scanned with success :

618.167Mhz (FAIL scan) :

682.167Mhz (OK Scan) :

I use same parameters in theses muxes than successfull muxes.

And .. so strange when I boot the box to Android with Mecool's DTV application : the mux 618.167Mhz (Or 618.166Mhz) is scanned with success and I can watch channels on them.

Do you have any solution ?

Maybe a TVH bug?

Thanks by advance.

• For anyone else with the Mecool M8S PRO L that wants to get your bluetooth remote working with these builds, I followed the guide here that wrxtasy provided for the Xiaomi Mi Box remote with success. I remapped the suggested buttons too which was a great help as I couldn't get the context menu to display since long press on "ok" doesn't register as a long press.

• Hi, I am new to the scene and just got my minix u9-h.

I got LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.2.5.1-444-1000nits.tar version running and everything is working perfectly for me.

Thanks OP for all your hard work it is is appreciated.

• Using LE 8.2.5.1 latest build on my TX9 Pro S912 box, and have two problems that I wonder if others are having too.

Firstly for watching UK TV with my IPTV client I have to enable the option in the AMlogic System Settings to "Disable Deinterlaced Post Processing'' or else I get chroma horizontal tearing very badly on my TV. BTW the TV is a 6 month old LG 55SJ850 Super UHD model so is pretty much latest state of the art (although sadly not OLED as could not afford one of those !) so surprised I am gettign this effect. I do not notice the problem in streaming movies or other material but seems only with my IPTV client service ??? Do not get this problem with earlier LE builds BTW.

Secondly there seems a problem with 3D content. Although my TV sadly does not have a much missed 3D facility, with previous builds like 8.2.2.3 I seem to rememb er I could watch 3D video files in 2D by selecting that option within KODI with no problems. However now I cannot do so and indeed it locks up the display to a black screen with no sound although the video clock shows it is still playing. After this, some but not all of my video content from my NAS Drive and USB Drive will no longer play exhibiting exactly the same black screen no sound problem, BUT a reboot will allow those to playh agfain normally until once again I try to run a 3D movie file ?? Strange that most still play okay but quite a few won't, need to narrow down which format maybe the culprit here.

Two obscure problems which I would liek to be able to fix if anyone can help. Other than that 8.2.5.1. is excellent though I cannot measure whether I actually get 10 bit and 444 mode on my TV with suitable source material, though I do get the full UHD and HDR which I can check for okay.

• On the latest chroma test build it seems the subtitle fix is not included? I am installing my new mecool pro + today but i would swear there was a separate external subtitles fix build available for s905x?