Posts by natebizzle

Good to know thanks!

I'm already back on the 8.2.5 422 10-bit image and everything is working as expected again. 4k HDR does look darker than 1080p, I'm not sure I have any non-HDR rips to test the difference. I'll just live with it for now :)

4K/HDR works fine for me with that image. U9-H. I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "passthrough", but 8.2.5.1 444-1000nits is working as perfectly for me as 8.2.5 422 10-bit was working before it.

Edit: Typo

Thanks for the response. Maybe I misused the term, with the 8.2.5.1-444-1000nits update I no longer get any 4k video to my TV. My setup is HDMI out of the box into a Yamaha YSP-2700 soundbar which supports 4k video passthrough to my TV. With 8.2.5 422 10-bit, 4k HDR played just fine, audio decoded as it should and video passed through to my TV in the correct format. After updating to 8.2.5.1-444-1000nits, when I tried to play a 4k file my TV would just tell me there was no source but the audio would still decode and play fine from the soundbar.

Curious to know if the the 8.2.5.1-444-1000nits update made any difference for you in regards to the brightness of your 4k HDR rips?

This will improve brightness of problematic dark looking 4K HDR Bluray Rips:

LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.2.5.1-444-1000nits.tar

LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.2.5.1-444-1000nits.tar

Can anyone that is using this version comment on whether 4k video pass through works for you? I flashed the update and now my 4k files only pass through audio which is weird. 4k pass through worked before this update, after updating 1080p files still play as expected, just seems to be a 4k video issue.

Update: I re-flashed the older LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.2.5-Chroma.422.10bit.img and 4k pass through works again so it does seem to be an issue I am having with the 444-1000nits update unfortunately.

For anyone else with the Mecool M8S PRO L that wants to get your bluetooth remote working with these builds, I followed the guide here that wrxtasy provided for the Xiaomi Mi Box remote with success. I remapped the suggested buttons too which was a great help as I couldn't get the context menu to display since long press on "ok" doesn't register as a long press.

So after a reboot into ATV and back into LE this no longer works. Tried to retrace my steps to get it working again but couldn't for the life of me work it out again and all I seemed to do was break my airmouse in the process. Think I'll leave bluetooth alone since there is clearly some compatibility issues.

I wanted to know if anyone has any experience with SFTP to wirelessly transfer files from a Mac to a USB HDD attached to your box? I have set this up via Cyberduck and can definitely read/write to the drive, my issue is the transfer speed maxes out at 1.5Mb/s which seems kind of slow. I read elsewhere that this could be a caveat of having the drive formatted as NTFS and that I should consider using Ext3?

Hi guys, can anyone with the Mecool M8S PRO L point me to the combo that worked for you? I have tried the following with little success -

LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.2.4.1.force.444.10bit.img & gxm_q201_3g.dtb (renamed) files from wrxtasy's github - This combo wont boot, gets stuck on half of the Mecool logo and then stops.

LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.2.4.1.force.444.10bit.img from wrxtasy's github & gxm_q201_3g.dtb (renamed) from kszaq - This combo boots and I have been able to do a little set up including importing some files from an attached USB HDD, however wifi seems pretty hit and miss and I'm experiencing constant freezes of the whole box which requires the power to be pulled just by navigating through settings menus.

I've read a lot about the freezing throughout this thread, haven't been able to SSH into the box to try this suggestion, but also read that has mixed results. Could it just be I'm using the wrong dtb?

UPDATE:

I did a fresh SD burn of LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.2.5-Chroma.422.10bit.img, wrxtasy's latest img combined with the gxm_q201_3g.dtb (renamed) from kszaq, and I've had success! Everything works! Ah man wrxtasy this is the first time I've had full 4k HDR and full HD passthrough audio working with my setup. Switching of resolution and frame rates works great. Thank you for your efforts!