[8.2.4.1] LibreELEC Kodi Krypton - S905 & S912 devices

• Try CoreElec, All needed info is on their forum.

If I can't boot Libreelec, I'm not sure that CoreElec is going to be any better. I suspect it's more down to the process or the dtb I'm using. Right under my post there are people stating they have tried CoreElec with various bugs and issues, whereas the consensus on Libreelec is that it's more stable

• I have a Minix U1 too and I use LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2.4.2-Test2.wetekdvb.img.gz

I don't know if it may solve your problems but you can try it.

Other similarity, I tried to activate the Force RGB because I have an old Sony tv ,but in my case it didn't work, so I had to create an autostart.sh file

• Right under my post there are people stating they have tried CoreElec with various bugs and issues, whereas the consensus on Libreelec is that it's more stable

Yes, the beta versions of CE had some bugs etc.

CE 9.01, using kodi 18.1 is stable now.

• Yes, the beta versions of CE had some bugs etc.

CE 9.01, using kodi 18.1 is stable now.

Ok, thanks for the info. I'll give it a try and see if it boots at least. If not, then I'll wait for my Samsung microSD card to arrive.

EDIT: CoreElec Boots first time. No idea why Libreelec doesn't work.

Edited 2 times, last by GiJOr33 (April 2, 2019 at 10:37 AM).

• I am unable to turn on CoreElec with any remote or keyboard after shutdown/suspend/hibernate, I have to use a toothpick and press the small reset button to power on. Not ideal.

• Beelink Mini mxii ii w (s905x) + LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2.4.2-C2 -> causes some slight stutter. Unfortunately I had similar problems with the previous version 8.2.3.1.

Also tried to change advancedsettings (algorithmdirtyregions + adjustrefreshrate) but there are still some stutter issues….

Any further ideas?

THX

• Beelink Mini mxii ii w (s905x) + LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2.4.2-C2 -> causes some slight stutter. Unfortunately I had similar problems with the previous version 8.2.3.1.

Also tried to change advancedsettings (algorithmdirtyregions + adjustrefreshrate) but there are still some stutter issues….

Any further ideas?

THX

Do you use de overclock DTB from wrxtasy MEGA ?. Don't know if the following makes a different but there is also a version 8.2.5. After that also the overclock option have to be turned on. Overclock in this case means that the gpu will be clocked to it's original 892mhz...

• One can, but it's not recomended.

Try making a backup of your present LE, make a fresh install of CE_9.0.1 and restore your backup. Usually that will work OK, if it doesn't you are left with only one option...

• One can, but it's not recomended.

Try making a backup of your present LE, make a fresh install of CE_9.0.1 and restore your backup. Usually that will work OK, if it doesn't you are left with only one option...

Upgrade worked like a charm - no mishaps everything worked, just straight forward. Will post back with feedback.

• Hi,

i tried play TV streams of my providers on registred devices KI Pro according to Android ID (related to mpeg-dash), but Simple client PVR is not start play in Libreelec/Coreeelc, if is not identified android id on libreelec/coreelec. It is possible install support for "dedicated - writable" id android direct to Libreelec / Coreelec?

THX

Edited 2 times, last by atirage21 (May 5, 2019 at 1:10 PM).

• So whats the status of CE at this point with the S912 and 4k HDR content, is all the functionality there? Or am I better off staying with wrxtasy's latest LE build?

• It works

Yes indeed it does using the CE 9.0.1 official build . I have started this Leia build from scratch i.e. not restoring to it a previous Krypton backup so that ensures I do not carry over lots of baggage from old stranded dependencies etc. ot indeed any non compatitble old addons. SO I do prefer a nice clean start with a new KODI system.

One question so far is regarding the option in the System Settings for the special configurations. What is the 4.2.2 option for. Does that option if enabled force the system to not output 4.4.4. or maybe 10 bit too and downgrade it to 4.2.2. 8 bit for equipment that cannot take 4.4.4. like many projectors etc. ?? There is no inbuilt help info on that option and it is ambigious as to what exactly it does.

I do want the full 4.4.4. HDR and 10 bit output to my fully capable TV when available. So I have recently purchased a special high quality, not cheap (about US$60), Gofanco Prophecy 2 in - 1 out HDMI 2a splitter that has an astounding 18 Gbps bandwidth capability and supports full 4K HDR and 4.4.4. chroma too. Amazingly this unit also has the means to downscale output to 1080 on just one outport port with a non UHD display or AVR attached. It has EDID editing DIL switches too for many different options to meet your needs. Works a treat, so I can now enjoy the full UHD, HDR, 4.4.4. output to my TV just about as it would be if connected directly to my TX9 Pro box, and cAn now use the HDMI connection to my non UHD/HDR Denon AVR so I can enjoy full spec high quality passthrough audio modes like DTS HD MA etc which were not available to me running the audio via FIbre Optic Toslink connection from my TV to the AVR Toslink input. This Gofanco splitter does just about all I need but not Dolby Vision HDR as yet, though there is a means to firmware upgrade these splitters so maybe a firmwware update may be released by Gofanco that can facilitate Dolby Vision in the future even in restricted to 8 bit 4.2.2. in such a high spec mode ??

So I can happily recommentd the Gofanco Prophecy splitter. Other alternatives are available of course like the SIIG almost identical high spec splitter, which I am certain uses exactly the same hardware.and has the same features but is about $10 dearer generally.

Edited once, last by RayW (April 30, 2019 at 8:13 AM).

• Yes indeed it does using the CE 9.0.1 official build . I have started this Leia build from scratch i.e. not restoring to it a previous Krypton backup so that ensures I do not carry over lots of baggage from old stranded dependencies etc. ot indeed any non compatitble old addons. SO I do prefer a nice clean start with a new KODI system.

One question so far is regarding the option in the System Settings for the special configurations. What is the 4.2.2 option for. Does that option if enabled force the system to not output 4.4.4. or maybe 10 bit too and downgrade it to 4.2.2. 8 bit for equipment that cannot take 4.4.4. like many projectors etc. ?? There is no inbuilt help info on that option and it is ambigious as to what exactly it does.

I do want the full 4.4.4. HDR and 10 bit output to my fully capable TV when available. So I have recently purchased a special high quality, not cheap (about US$60), Gofanco Prophecy 2 in - 1 out HDMI 2a splitter that has an astounding 18 Gbps bandwidth capability and supports full 4K HDR and 4.4.4. chroma too. Amazingly this unit also has the means to downscale output to 1080 on just one outport port with a non UHD display or AVR attached. It has EDID editing DIL switches too for many different options to meet your needs. Works a treat, so I can now enjoy the full UHD, HDR, 4.4.4. output to my TV just about as it would be if connected directly to my TX9 Pro box, and cAn now use the HDMI connection to my non UHD/HDR Denon AVR so I can enjoy full spec high quality passthrough audio modes like DTS HD MA etc which were not available to me running the audio via FIbre Optic Toslink connection from my TV to the AVR Toslink input. This Gofanco splitter does just about all I need but not Dolby Vision HDR as yet, though there is a means to firmware upgrade these splitters so maybe a firmwware update may be released by Gofanco that can facilitate Dolby Vision in the future even in restricted to 8 bit 4.2.2. in such a high spec mode ??

So I can happily recommentd the Gofanco Prophecy splitter. Other alternatives are available of course like the SIIG almost identical high spec splitter, which I am certain uses exactly the same hardware.and has the same features but is about $10 dearer generally.

These questions are fully discussed at the CE forum, best to take them there. There is a thread called best CE settings.

Shoog

• Yes indeed it does using the CE 9.0.1 official build . I have started this Leia build from scratch i.e. not restoring to it a previous Krypton backup so that ensures I do not carry over lots of baggage from old stranded dependencies etc. ot indeed any non compatitble old addons. SO I do prefer a nice clean start with a new KODI system.

You cannot do 4:4:4 10-bit, this will actually go over the 18Gbps limit of HDMI 2.0b. You can either do 4:2:2 10/12-bit or 4:4:4 8-bit.

I actually have the below HDMI extractor because my Pioneer receiver only supports 1080p and can confirm it will work with full 18Gbps 4k HDR content and DTS-MA/True HD audio. It should support both HDR10 and Dolby Vision.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/b0755tb82q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=utf8&psc=1

• You cannot do 4:4:4 10-bit, this will actually go over the 18Gbps limit of HDMI 2.0b. You can either do 4:2:2 10/12-bit or 4:4:4 8-bit.

I actually have the below HDMI extractor because my Pioneer receiver only supports 1080p and can confirm it will work with full 18Gbps 4k HDR content and DTS-MA/True HD audio. It should support both HDR10 and Dolby Vision.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/b0755tb82q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=utf8&psc=1

Grr I typed a detailed response but it has all disappeared.

I did try to say that the Gofanco is supposed to support all these modes including UHD 10 bit HDR and 444 but there is no way my capable LG Super UHD SJ850 model shows what the display characterics it is showing actually are. Not that much of a problem right now as little material is available in 444 10 bit UHD / HDR of course with most being 422 10 bit still. But for the future of course I want the best I can possibly get and can normally see the benefit of the lack of banding you see with a 10 bit source, particualrly in the blue sky, with an 8 bit displays where it is very nopticeable and annoying. The Gofanco splitter does not as yet support Dolby Vision but I am hoping a firmware update may eventually fix that.

Sorry for delay in replying but had some problems logging into this site after some probelms with my PC Chrome browser. Tried switching to the new Brave browser, which is very fast and looks excellent but have a frequent text corruption problem within it I cannot yet fix and makes it unusuable for me.

Thanks also to Shoog for his response and indeed I have not yet really joined the CE based forums here but indeed I must now do so. But I do not relish the time consumming task of going through hundreds of posts to find my answer. So would greatly appreciate a quick answer here if possible as to whether or not to enable this 4.2.2 option in the System settings and exactly what does it do.