feedback for test build LibreELEC-RK3328

• The test videos you posted earlier seems to be displayed correctly on my devices, I am not sure what to look for.

I'm getting 25 fps on the 2 HD Channels.

I am getting this information by using PlayerProcessInfo

Key "O" on my remote

I'll run a short video when i get home.

• I'm getting 25 fps on the 2 HD Channels.

I am getting this information by using PlayerProcessInfo

Is the playback of the HD channels looking wrong?

According to the broadcast specification you posted the content is supposed to be 25fps progressive broadcasted in interlaced 50fps.
    The decoder is probably returning 25 fully deinterlaced frames for every 50 interlaced frames and Kodi is "correcting" the fps shown in process info.

• Thanks for your ongoing efforts!

Feedback on the last Rock64 image.

Previous version would go to a black screen when stopped if they had been left paused for a very long period of time.

Only a reboot would bring the GUI back online.

Now they do not go black. The audio will resume, however the last image shown on the screen remains frozen.

I can however stop the video, and restart without issue. So this is an improvement.

-Written by a team of angry monkeys.

• Do you also get audio interrupts with bluetooth speaker?

• Do you also get audio interrupts with bluetooth speaker?

I didn't test for a long time, will try to check since it's a small speaker.

My bt headset seems to not work anymore, think the built-in battery died :(

BT Audio problems can also be related to audio code and nothing to do with bt, so I'm also not sure if it's an audio or bt problem.

I see here is a new bluetooth firmware file released 3 days ago, wonder if it can work and makes any difference?

Not sure how to use it.

rkwifibt: realtek: 8723ds: update firmware for bluetooth · rockchip-linux/[email protected] · GitHub

Current bt is from here I think

GitHub - lwfinger/rtl8723bs_bt: Bluetooth Code for RTL8723bs

Maybe some changes from Tinkerboard bt can improve things more?

GitHub - Miouyouyou/tinkerboard_rtl8723bs: A fork of @lwfinger rtl8723bs_bt repository, focused on Tinkerboard systems. Psychic-broccoli might be more accurate though.

• mo123

thanks, I also had interrupts with my bt headphones and rpi but no issues when using the headphones with smartphone.

Do you know if 150balbes will push the emmc install/backup scripts to libreelec?

When you will push the rc driver?

One more missing point for mvr9 is the non functional on/off switch, maybe something could be done about that.

Dev progress is very well for the box!

• Is the playback of the HD channels looking wrong?

According to the broadcast specification you posted the content is supposed to be 25fps progressive broadcasted in interlaced 50fps.
    The decoder is probably returning 25 fully deinterlaced frames for every 50 interlaced frames and Kodi is "correcting" the fps shown in process info.

Sorry for late reply.

To sum it up the HD Channels I've had issues with are watchable but are not as Fluid as the other HD Channels.

It is really noticeable when i play fast moving Sport Content which i see serious Motion Blur. (process info 25 fps)

I switch to the same sport Broadcast on the Broadcasters SD Channel and no motion Blur. (process info 50 fps)

Watching fast moving sport content on the other HD Channels works fine.

The TV is 70 Inch and video irregularities are easily noticed.

Hope this makes sense.

• I see here is a new bluetooth firmware file released 3 days ago, wonder if it can work and makes any difference?

I have recently pushed an update and changed BT firmware again, this time it is taken from the latest Windows BT driver on Realtek's homepage.

It seems very stable on my Tinker Board S, I have not yet tested it on my MVR9.

Latest BT firmware: firmware: update rtl8723b bluetooth firmware · Kwiboo/[email protected] · GitHub

The latest rockchip-firmware from rockchip-firmware: use rtl8723b_config with noflow on box-trn9 · Kwiboo/[email protected] · GitHub will now use rtl8723b_config and rtl8723b_fw from /storage/.config/firmware/rtlbt if they exists.

• Thanks, will try it.

I found these interesting commits to make a RK3399 emmc flashable LibreELEC update.img

[Rockchip] enable build a boot and system partition to flash to emmc · tenfar/[email protected] · GitHub

[Rockchip] add firmware package tool to pack a update.img format image · tenfar/[email protected] · GitHub

add gitignore for rkimage dir · tenfar/[email protected] · GitHub

Hope something like that can work for RK3328 in future too, flashable with AndroidTool instead of etcher for a micro-sd card.

Probably only a different bootloader for RK3328 could be used with some minor changes.

• I found these interesting commits to make a RK3399 emmc flashable LibreELEC update.img

Hope something like that can work for RK3328 in future too, flashable with AndroidTool instead of etcher for a micro-sd card.

Using AndroidTool is Rockchip specific and probably requires Android / rkimg support in u-boot and I have explicitly disabled anything Android in the u-boot we ship.

Flashing to and booting from sd-card is what is most cross-platform/vendor friendly, a installer / dd script for installing to emmc will have bigger chance of also working with other SoCs, mainline u-boot/linux and being accepted in LE master.

• New MVR9 image with new bluetooth firmware

MEGA

works good for me but some strange kernel messages:

Code
    1. [ 71.439784] Bluetooth: Failed to start inquiry: status 12
    2. [ 74.266464] Bluetooth: Invalid header checksum
    3. [ 74.270103] Bluetooth: Out-of-order packet arrived (2 != 1)
    4. [ 74.272548] Bluetooth: Out-of-order packet arrived (3 != 1)

kernel log http://ix.io/1nre

Edited once, last by polo_joe ().

• works good for me but some strange kernel messages:

Code
    1. [ 71.439784] Bluetooth: Failed to start inquiry: status 12
    2. [ 74.266464] Bluetooth: Invalid header checksum
    3. [ 74.270103] Bluetooth: Out-of-order packet arrived (2 != 1)
    4. [ 74.272548] Bluetooth: Out-of-order packet arrived (3 != 1)

kernel log http://ix.io/1nre

Also have some problems with the new bluetooth driver, streams would constantly buffer, old driver worked a bit better for me.

Hope the log makes sense to Kwiboo to check.

• Updated builds:

latest Kodi, latest LE, latest RK patches

RK3399 is now 32bit !!! that allows Netflix etc usage, pls test it

For upgrade RK3399 64Bit -> 32bit you need to create /storage/.update/.nocompat first to override the compatibility check at update.

You need also to remove all LibreELEC addons you might have installed and manuell removing the cache folder /storage/.kodi/addons/packages.

After a reboot you should be able to access all LE addons at our repo.

http://cvh.libreelec.tv/test/rk3328/

http://cvh.libreelec.tv/test/rk3399/

• For upgrade RK3399 64Bit -> 32bit you need to create /storage/.update/.nocompat first to override the compatibility check at update.

You need to create the 'canupdate.sh' script that is used to validate the update in case of wrong arch, then this is not required.

• RK3399 is now 32bit !!!

Everything seems to work on rockpro64, but I have the same problem with network or samba. Read files from Libreelec is extremely slow and sometimes, it freezes.

• Thank you.

Sd channels with tvheadend is worser then previous build.

Previous build sd channels deinterlacing was working fine for the first time.

With this build it seems like the same issue like

I had before with deinterlacing on my rock64

• Thank you for the new images.

Feedback on the rock64. Nothing new seems to be broken. I am still seeing the video frozen/working audio when resuming a video which has been paused for a long period of time.

-Written by a team of angry monkeys.