[8.90.6]Playback problems and much more...:)

• I would also like to thank you very much: GDPR-2 and other creators who have worked on this project. You have done a great job and I regret that not everyone is able to validate your work. Very good job. Thank you! :):)

• The latest version is 3 days old. What are you talking about?

Pelican, I m using ur custom based 7.0 ( LibreELEC-S905.arm-7.0-devel-20170430185848-r23797-g7772046.tar) build (HDR based) because I don't use any other build like 8 and 9 series because of subtitles stuttering issue, thanks once again for your great build. What is difference between 7.0 k nougat based build (video picture quality) and 8.90.6 (video picture quality) sharpness, Deteils and colours etc? Sorry for bad English.

Edited 2 times, last by rajawaqas (March 26, 2018 at 4:03 PM).

• It's not my build, I'm just using it.

Somebody backported the video quality improvements to LE 7.

I can't make side by side comparison but for me it looks the same quality.

• I appreciate the comments.

Trying to remain on topic, the main change from .5 to .6 was changing from kszaqs nougat kernel to the LE nougat kernel.

The LE nougat kernel is based on a newer codebase than kszaqs.

This is what is mostly responsible for audio/video changes.

Changes to deinterlacing and/or noise reduction settings can improve or deteriorate your video quality depending on the CPU in your box.

Both kernels have advantages and disadvantages, kszaqs kernel has been in use for a long time and is very stable but has some minor issues, some of those issues are fixed in the LE kernel but then others have been introduced.

There is no 1 perfect solution and unfortunately due to the past policy by the LE team to keep S905/S912 seperate from official LE a lot of work that was done on kszaqs kernel has been wasted, it would have been better if everything had been contributed to LE at the time it was commited.

Things have changed with Leia and S905/S912 code is now a part of LE but it will take time to get a release as great as kszaqs have been.

• Just a little update.

My KI pro has been playing music/tv-streams/movies HD/UHD HDR flawless constantly for more than 16h a day over to days now. Not even a "RED" text in the log files to talk about. So if this is the "Extremely buggy, useless piece of crap version", I just cant wait to test next one.;)

PS. To all you wannabe's out there, Just because it works for me doesn't magically make it a stable version. :angel:

• does anyone have a link to the previous release .5? I swore I had them all archived on my in house server but I don't and .6 killed my main boxes and don't feel like restoring them all back to android and running off SD.

4k only runs @ 24fps in dash and when you go to play video it crashes anyway.

No more installtointernal hurts bad, i dont understand why not just keep, i mean all the appropriate warnings are ther and it says its not recommened. So why not keep it for advanced users and just not officially support it.

I promise I am not complaining and although I am not an active forum poster I have followed LE Amlogic dev from the very beginning and contribute when I can to the devs. You guys have really been on top of the game with the resources you have. Part of me didn't even want to post because it's the same with all sw dev, anytime a major change happens everyone gets mad and complaints pile up.

But I would love to have access to .5 build, I would be willing to run a mirror/public or private archive or any thing to help this project. I have a private owned Linux server on a GB fiber line.

Feel free to pm me you can send it over anyway links ftp whatever.

Edited once, last by rbXtnc (March 26, 2018 at 7:30 PM).

• GDPR-2 ,thanks for your great work. You have done a great job for us to run our wasteless box in great condition. Thanks once again.

• I have the tar file, LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.90.5. I'm not very good at this sort of thing. I have uploaded it to my dropbox. If you pm me with your email address I can send you a link. unless you have another idea

I have created a link, Dropbox - LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.90.5.tar

• Tnx again guys LE 4 life!

GDPR-2 I am serious about donating a mirror or anything you can use a Linux server for, lol not donating an actual whole server but server access obviously, so if you or your guys can use for something let me know, and let me know what packages you need installed and setup and I will make it happen.

Edited once, last by rbXtnc (March 26, 2018 at 9:43 PM).

• The latest version is 3 days old. What are you talking about?

Are you serious? Every day many people work on kodi and libreelec. Therefore there are always a growing number of changes and on similar platforms there are even so called 'nightlys'.