[8.90.6]Playback problems and much more...:)

• Go back to stock then step back from the bleeding edge. No decisions stop you doing that but your own :cool:

I think Shoog is referring to the fact that developers are now only working on the latest version of LE rather than adding support for his hardware to older versions.

Self entitled springs to mind, purchasing a particular device does not guarantee you anything. You can purchase a high end smartphone costing 10x what you spent on your device and get little to no support, so expecting it from us or even the Khadas team for that matter is overreaching in expectations.

To give Khadas some credit though they do try more than most manufacturers with their users and they even sent afl1 some free hardware to get the DTV daughter board working within LE.

All support given within the LE community is a courtesy and not a right, just because I and the LE team provide images that does not come with an implied guarantee of support, everything you do with your hardware is done at your own risk and we can not be held responsible or be expected to address any possible issues that may arise.

• minix u9, with 8.90.6, playback skips, voice audio sounds like chipmunks.

What could be the reason behind this?

Could be something with your audio settings. Check that:

System->Audio are correct according to your avr/tv.

Player->Adjust display refresh rate = on and Sync playback to display = off.

• Just a friendly advise to people installing test builds;

If you don't know how to advanced configure KODI / LE or have enough knowledge to consider if something is a wrong setting or a bug.

PLEASE DO NOT INSTALL A TEST BUILT!!!

Regards

tore

• The issue specifically with khadas is that they allowed claims about their hardware to be circulated on their forum which were patently false and misleading and did nothing to correct them. the dTV is claimed to be supported on LE for months from within the Kernel and when this was discovered to be not the case they did nothing to correct the claim. Anyone such as myself who did their due diligence and researched their board would be left with the impression that LE with dTV would work with LE images from at least 5months ago.

So I can accept that they were unaware of the issue at the start, but they did nothing to correct the issue when they knew. They left a lot of people high and dry and did little to correct it. If they had I would not have bought the VIM2 over the KII pro and I suspect that is where their failure lies.

So I do not feel entitled to any support beyond what was claimed in their own forum, and I did my due diligence to ensure I would not be left in this situation. I understand well how LE works and am more than grateful for the hard work done by all contributors including yourself. I have been a happy user from the start of this project and previously ran my HTCP as a Lubuntu box, so I know fairly well what I am doing and what the pitfalls are.

But unfortunately after all this unnecessary hot air, I am still no nearer to understanding why I cannot boot 8.90.6 from USB.

Shoog

• The issue specifically with khadas is that they allowed claims about their hardware to be circulated on their forum which were patently false and misleading and did nothing to correct them. the dTV is claimed to be supported on LE for months from within the Kernel and when this was discovered to be not the case they did nothing to correct the claim. Anyone such as myself who did their due diligence and researched their board would be left with the impression that LE with dTV would work with LE images from at least 5months ago.

So I can accept that they were unaware of the issue at the start, but they did nothing to correct the issue when they knew. They left a lot of people high and dry and did little to correct it. If they had I would not have bought the VIM2 over the KII pro and I suspect that is where their failure lies.

So I do not feel entitled to any support beyond what was claimed in their own forum, and I did my due diligence to ensure I would not be left in this situation. I understand well how LE works and am more than grateful for the hard work done by all contributors including yourself. I have been a happy user from the start of this project and previously ran my HTCP as a Lubuntu box, so I know fairly well what I am doing and what the pitfalls are.

But unfortunately after all this unnecessary hot air, I am still no nearer to understanding why I cannot boot 8.90.6 from USB.

Shoog

I can boot LE from usb on my kiii pro just fine.For me 8.90.6 is running smoothly with little to no problems.Thank you for all your efforts GDPR-2 .

• I can boot LE from usb on my kiii pro just fine.For me 8.90.6 is running smoothly with little to no problems.Thank you for all your efforts GDPR-2 .

I had a few issues with playback and black screens on a Minix U1 with this latest build, but the previous one is running very smoothly.

I ran chromebox for a long while installing daily Milhouse builds and you cannot expect them to be perfect, it’s just stupid.

If you are running beta, let alone alpha versions of software and all you do is complain that they don’t work, you are not helping anyone.

I noticed most people in the Milhouse threads offered constructive feedback and helped with bug checking, why can’t the amlogic threads be the same?

So hats off to GDPR-2 for all his work to date.

• Does anyone know what might be the implications

of the following error message(s) during LE boot, prior of Kodi start up, for example:

Jan 28 15:58:17 LibreELEC systemd[1]: Failed to start Create Volatile Files and Directories.

• Heh.
    I know the RC of this message in my LE implementations - mounting eMMc and symlinking .kodi folder to it, instead of using the TF/SD card storage partition.

8.90.6 works pretty snappy on my S905/S905X boxes with one little hiccup, just found - one HEVC, 10bit rip is all green. :)

Passthrough is working for me - DTS(-HD), Atmos, AAC... ;)

• Heh.
    I know the RC of this message in my LE implementations - mounting eMMc and symlinking .kodi folder to it, instead of using the TF/SD card storage partition.

8.90.6 works pretty snappy on my S905/S905X boxes with one little hiccup, just found - one HEVC, 10bit rip is all green. :)

Passthrough is working for me - DTS(-HD), Atmos, AAC... ;)

Seems to be what is effecting my USB boot as well. Solution ?

Need to check again when I get back from work.

Shoog

• Also experienced some issue with the audio sampling rate. I have mine set to best match, but every now and than it sounds like the driver sets it to 44Khz and one gets this dark slowmo sound. Setting "Keep audio device alive" to off, and "Play GUI Sound" to never seems to help ;)

• Thanks GDPR-2 and others for for all your hard work on the Amlogic builds. Sorry to hear all the doughebags finally got to you. 8.90.6 is the most stable version to date. Though I do wish peak3d didn't apply million updates to inputstream after you made 8.90.6 build. v2.1.15 to v2.2.8 in 10 days...? "C'mon Man!" Lol. This forum is a very nasty and vile place with people who don't seem to understand the words "test", "development" or "alpha". Probably the same people who stop at green lights. Anyway, I'm off to vacation in the sun for spring break or to the Kodi forums where things seem to be more civilized.

• Done some more test regarding post #1. And it looks like this is only related to streams coming from TVHeadEnd. So it might not be a LE bug, but a TVHedEnd bug.

• First time poster in these forums and I just created an account to jump in and say the following:

I have been using theese builds, first kszaqs and later on, adamgs with mostly great succsess for well over a year. I admit, there has been issues, but none that were not either easaly taken care of by reading, reading again and trying and then most of the times, I have succeeded in getting everything to work satisfactory. There has been the occational disturbing bug - which developers have taken care of as soon as possible.

This is the way it works. Remember - we are using our hardware in ways they were never intended to. Bugs will appear and stuff will get broken from time to time and the biggest issues I have had were my own faults. I have two 905x boxes that (at this time) work just fine.

While I am sad to see that installtointernal is gone in the latest build since my reason for having it was 1/3 of the time when booting (as I used CEC to boot the box when the TV was started and shut down the box when TV was shut down), I understand the descision and since I cannot build my own I accept whatever the developer descides. If not - I would look for alternatives. And to be fair, theese builds work far better than the Android they were delivered with.

@adamg

I am thankful for your contribution, and while I have not written in the past, I want to take the time to thank you.

Sorry to hear that you are taking a break but I understand why as there is not much that demoralizes one as being yelled at for something you do for free.

@kszaq

The same as above. Thank you for your great work. Sorry that you felt the need to stop your great builds.

Now, I will go back to lurking and reading since I am sure I will create more problems soon... :cool:

• Thanks GDPR-2 and others for for all your hard work on the Amlogic builds. Sorry to hear all the doughebags finally got to you. 8.90.6 is the most stable version to date. Though I do wish peak3d didn't apply million updates to inputstream after you made 8.90.6 build. v2.1.15 to v2.2.8 in 10 days...? "C'mon Man!" Lol. This forum is a very nasty and vile place with people who don't seem to understand the words "test", "development" or "alpha". Probably the same people who stop at green lights. Anyway, I'm off to vacation in the sun for spring break or to the Kodi forums where things seem to be more civilized.

If you need inputstream.adaptive 2.2.8 for S905 and S912, I have compiled myself and could upload here.