[8.90.6]Playback problems and much more...:)

• Im having an odd issue

With 2 of my Boxes

My T95m(S905X) was running 8.90.5, I placed the 8.90.6 Tar file in the .update (without a new device Tree).. It appeared to update fine, but now it refuses to boot.. I have tried booting off usb, with both 8.90.6 (plus new dtb) and the old 8.2-8.2.3.1 and 8.2-8.1.0-temp_sensor_disabled both with the correct device tree's, and I cant get it to boot....

This box I have booted many times off USB, So I am at a loss (i would like to retain the DATA partition on this one)

My x8T(S905W) was running the old 8.2-8.2.3.1, I placed the 8.90.6 Tar in the .update directory, along with the latest device tree and it now fails to boot.. It unfortuanly I have never successfully booted from USB (in anyway, I had to load the "dual boot" update for tx3 mini, then I loaded the 8.2-8.2.3.1 via DD over SSH)

I figure with this one, I have to use the Amlogic BurnTool(it has no reset button), and flash everything in succession again(not a big deal)

So aside from getting access to the Data partition on the T95m, I figure I can use the Amlogic burn tool, and start from scratch.. but I cant figure out why 8.90.6 wouldn't boot (and dont have a copy of 8.90.4 or 8.90.5 to reload)

Any-help would be appreciated

• Look two posts above this, for the 8.90.4 & 8.90.5

• Just did some more test regarding AAC 2.0, And it looks like it's a bit more random than I thought. The only thing I'm certain of is that when this msg "CVideoPlayerAudio::Process - stream stalled pts:794.794 clock:794.809" appears in the kodi log. ACC 2.0 stops working.

• Are you serious? Every day many people work on kodi and libreelec. Therefore there are always a growing number of changes and on similar platforms there are even so called 'nightlys'.

The changes in Kodi are not that great on a daily basis and even less so on LE, its not worth doing nightlies.

• The only thing I will say about the T95m was that the T95m specific dtb was made redundant, you have to update it manually for this box, you will be fine with any future updates then.

Any problems booting can always be resolved, refer to other threads.

• If you need inputstream.adaptive 2.2.8 for S905 and S912, I have compiled myself and could upload here.

Oh you are baby Jesus if you could upload Inputstream 2.2.8! I help code and test the psvue add-on and v2.1.15 is not working anymore. Thanks nice

Also what do you use to compile binary add-ons? I mainly use Xcode to code in python, xml and Java but after reading I might have to get a Ubuntu VM just to compile the binaries.

Edited once, last by snoopyjoe: Forgot question (March 27, 2018 at 1:43 AM).

• Oh you are baby Jesus if you could upload Inputstream 2.2.8! I help code and test the psvue add-on and v2.1.15 is not working anymore. Thanks nice

Also what do you use to compile binary add-ons? I mainly use Xcode to code in python, xml and Java but after reading I might have to get a Ubuntu VM just to compile the binaries.

Had nothing to do with Jesus. I had Just some pressure of my wife :)

I used the normal Libreelec toolchain under Ubuntu to build and create.

[edit] After installing update you have to reboot the box once.

• I would rather if people did not upload the old releases as they also require the matching dtb, problems can't be solved if everyone is using different versions, what may work on 1 version may not work on another and If you think there may be a problem with the latest release I would rather know about it so I can try and fix it.

deinterlacing and noise reduction settings is enable in hardware acceleration or software decoding? to improve video quality.

If you don't understand the settings then just leave them at default, this is what causes problems.

Though I do wish peak3d didn't apply million updates to inputstream after you made 8.90.6 build. v2.1.15 to v2.2.8 in 10 days...? "C'mon Man!" Lol.

Me too!

• I would rather if people did not upload the old releases as they also require the matching dtb, problems can't be solved if everyone is using different versions, what may work on 1 version may not work on another and If you think there may be a problem with the latest release I would rather know about it so I can try and fix it.

If you don't understand the settings then just leave them at default, this is what causes problems.

Me too!

Thanks and Regards.

• Okay, so. Netflix didn't work properly with 8.90.6 and I couldn't update to inpustream.adaptive 2.1.15. So I tried the newest one. Now it doesn't work at all.

I'm actually at a loss at what to do next.