Posts by omega8c

Im having an odd issue

With 2 of my Boxes

My T95m(S905X) was running 8.90.5, I placed the 8.90.6 Tar file in the .update (without a new device Tree).. It appeared to update fine, but now it refuses to boot.. I have tried booting off usb, with both 8.90.6 (plus new dtb) and the old 8.2-8.2.3.1 and 8.2-8.1.0-temp_sensor_disabled both with the correct device tree's, and I cant get it to boot....

This box I have booted many times off USB, So I am at a loss (i would like to retain the DATA partition on this one)

My x8T(S905W) was running the old 8.2-8.2.3.1, I placed the 8.90.6 Tar in the .update directory, along with the latest device tree and it now fails to boot.. It unfortuanly I have never successfully booted from USB (in anyway, I had to load the "dual boot" update for tx3 mini, then I loaded the 8.2-8.2.3.1 via DD over SSH)

I figure with this one, I have to use the Amlogic BurnTool(it has no reset button), and flash everything in succession again(not a big deal)

So aside from getting access to the Data partition on the T95m, I figure I can use the Amlogic burn tool, and start from scratch.. but I cant figure out why 8.90.6 wouldn't boot (and dont have a copy of 8.90.4 or 8.90.5 to reload)

Any-help would be appreciated