S905x support, what is needed?

• Dolby HD and DTS passthrough works only through HDMI?
    I have Logitech Z-5500 connected via SPDIF on mini M8S II, but Kodi only supports HDMI output in audio outputs :/

Can this be fixed so I can connect via SPDIF?

I have Logitech Z-5500 connected via SPDIF on mini M8S II, but Kodi only supports HDMI output in audio outputs :/

Hello, SPDIF Can carry only Dts and Dolby (both NOT HD), and also SPDIF should be automatically enabled if HDMI is set in kodi 's settings. You should also enabled passthrough, Dolby , Dolby transcode, Dts , but don't enable Dts HD or Dolby true-hd.

Edited once, last by anthontex (October 15, 2016 at 1:46 PM).

It says that but it actually supports SPDIF. Reboot with your receiver turned on after configuring everything (number of channels, passthrough enabled etc) and see if that fixes it.

• Hello, SPDIF Can carry only Dts and Dolby (both NOT HD), and also SPDIF should be automatically enabled if HDMI is set in kodi 's settings. You should also enabled passthrough, Dolby , Dolby transcode, Dts , but don't enable Dts HD or Dolby true-hd.

Thanks! Yes it actualy passes DTS sound through SPDIF, but TV also plays sound via HDMI. How can I disable sound via HDMI and play it only over SPDIF? I know one option is to mute the TV....

• Thanks! Yes it actualy passes DTS sound through SPDIF, but TV also plays sound via HDMI. How can I disable sound via HDMI and play it only over SPDIF? I know one option is to mute the TV....

That happens with everything. A TV box from your cable provider will do that, PS4 will do that. It's just how it works. Just turn your TV volume to zero to avoid having a mute icon floating around the screen when you're watching something.

Edited once, last by dastinger (October 15, 2016 at 3:40 PM).

• Thanks! Yes it actualy passes DTS sound through SPDIF, but TV also plays sound via HDMI. How can I disable sound via HDMI and play it only over SPDIF? I know one option is to mute the TV....

Not sure which brand of TV do you have, but for quite a number of them you can disable the audio of certain HDMI input. For example, if you connect HDMI input 1 to your TV box, go to setting menu on your TV and disable the audio from HDMI 1.

• pingu What is the difference except for included dtb in update file? I'm curious, not complaining.

All I have done is added the default S905X boot logo and included the correct dtb file. People were having issues with having to unzip the zip then flashing the zip inside. Then they were complaining that the sound didn't work.

So I decided to do a quick guide on how to install TWRP then converted the .img (mainly for the devel builds) to a installable TWRP zip.

• hey guys
    the built-in wifi in our boxes is extremely weak so im curious if there is a possibility to use an usb wifi dongle instead of built-in wifi ?
    if yes how can i do that ?

Edited once, last by qpman (October 18, 2016 at 5:06 PM).

• I'm trying the last version (today's release) in V88 Pro and...
    - Weak blinks in the kodi's menu.
    - After watch a channel by simple iptv and exit, the screen seem witch elevate brightness.
    - Bad scale videos. I see the same stream videos (480p) in the same monitor with pc and they have more quality.
    - Problem with automatic wifi conection to start..

• Hi~
    I think you don't have TV with HDR support.
    I don't have too.
    You can test it on Android with HDR OFF.

Seems the exact opposite I'm having with one of my TVs, initially on boot the interface is darker (how I like it) but as soon as a video is played the screen is far too bright. My projector has a colour range setting auto, limited or full and when set to auto or limited it corrects the picture. My LG TV does not have this option

• Hello,

Will be the newest 008 version for Mini M8s II?
    I see in devices tree that it only 006 version work with M8S?
    Anyone has version 008 for M8S?

For my MINIM8S II (8GB ROM with 2GB RAM) device, I just...
    1. got the 008 image as posted in an update in the first post on page 1 by our kind kszaq;
    2. burnt the image unto an SD Card in dd format using the Rufus app;
    3. used Notepad to create an empty file called dummy.zip and put this file in with the rest of the stuff on the SD Card I already burnt with Rufus;
    4. with the MINIM8S II already booted to Android, inserted the SD Card;
    5. used the [Android OS] BACKUP&UPDATE app to select the dummy.zip file, then initiated the UPDATE process;
    6. the device did its series of things ... booted into LibreELEC without a hitch ... and it's been working like a charm on LibreELEC as required...

And, oh, as already mentioned by a poster, the Boot from NAND feature is such a gem!

Many thanks for your LibreELEC developments in support of our S905/905X devices, kszaq! - you're very much appreciated, along with you other guys who kindly continue to contribute to the process. We [mere] users love you all.

P34c3

(This has been my first post on here, btw.)

• I have a minix U1 and as far as I know everything is working correctly apart from 1 bug which has been nagging me past months: USB audio. I've read a lot of things about it, tried various solutions with asound.conf. I've got usb audio working but every now and then (30-50%) when a song is ended and the next one starts it gives a real loud white-noise of approx. 1/4 of a second. Anyone got a idea what the problem is? Is it Kodi or LibreElec? Thnx

• I confirm that 008 version of kszaq works perfectly from SD on my MINIM8S II (8GB ROM with 2GB RAM) . It has hevc 10bit hardware acceleration, something i was trying to fix long time as the initial firmware doesn't support it although S905X supports it. Wifi works, everything works, even the remote control works quite well. The remote control can even turn the device off and on.
    The only thing I can't make it work is audio via Optical toslink output. On settings i see 2 hdmi and 1 Bluetooth outputs. I've tried them but couldn't make the Spdif work. I haven't tried passthrough. If it works i can get audio via my tv's toslink.
    Also CEC i think worked but now it's dead.
    Thanks a lot kszaq for the good work. I hope you can fix also toslink and CEC. :)