Posts by pingu

pingu What is the difference except for included dtb in update file? I'm curious, not complaining.

All I have done is added the default S905X boot logo and included the correct dtb file. People were having issues with having to unzip the zip then flashing the zip inside. Then they were complaining that the sound didn't work.

So I decided to do a quick guide on how to install TWRP then converted the .img (mainly for the devel builds) to a installable TWRP zip.

There are sysfs options to turn HDR off but as far as I remember you need to play at least one video to make colours back to normal. Look for those options in /sys/class/amvecm.

Thanks. Would be nice to have Limited Passthrough, Limited RGB and Full RGB mods implemented :)

EDIT#

Adding this to /storage/.config/autostart.sh should disable HDR.

Code
    OUTPUT=`xrandr -display :0 -q | sed '/ connected/!d;s/ .*//;q'`
    xrandr -display :0 --output $OUTPUT --set "Broadcast RGB" "Limited 16:235"

The issue is, xrandr isn't installed.

I have the same box... I put a dummy zip into sd, but after select update on Backup & Restore tool the box reboot without starting LibreELEC? I have to put only zip dummy or other files? what LibreElect use?

I tried everything trying to get LibreELEC to boot from the SD on the Nexbox A5 without any luck.

I ended up using TWRP to install it to the internal memory.

I have a bit of a guide here.

Just make sure you are using the original firmware for the Box.

I've been trying to get this to work on a TX5 Pro all morning but the sticking point is that I cannot find a TWRP that will allow boot from the SD card.

Is there one that has been confirmed as working?

Thanks.

For the TX5 Pro you need to restore firmware version 20160805 PC Upgrade. Newer versions disabled the ability to boot from SD.

Once you have restored version 20160805 this version of TWRP should work (it needs renaming to recovery.img).

Still can't get remote to work though, unsure of how to extract remote.conf from stock firmware seeing how I have formatted my storage.

Couldn't find the remote for the non-pro Tanix TX5, but I have added a few remote confs to this zip. One of them may work.

remote.zip

If people could post their remote.conf and brand of box I will add them to the zip.

For people installing this via TWRP. Here is the 2016-10-11 update zip.

LibreELEC-S905X-gxl_p212_2g-2016-10-11.zip

Please search: LibreELEC

If you take a look at the link I posted It explains how to get "Docker" working with LibreELEC 7.0.2 on Odroid C2.

As a huge part of this build has been ported over from Odroid C2 (aarch64 platform) that guide does show you what needs to be done to get Docker working.

AuFS support has been enabled which is an alternative to the overlay storage driver and is much faster than vfs.

The faster overlay storage driver requires kernel version 3.18 or higher. But it can be replaced with AuFS so it works with older kernels.

Hi
    this image is compatible only with 2 gb ram devices ?or it works also with 1gb ram devices ?
    thanks

Just for the 2GB models. But you can download this file and rename it to dtb.img, then unzip LibreELEC-S905X-gxl_p212_2g.zip and replace the dtb.img with the one you just downloaded, then zip it back up.

The dtb.img is the device tree file.
    [hr]

not sure what I'm doing wrong but when I try to flash twrp I get a E: footer error or something like that and something not signed, nexbox a5 s905x... I was link a to a post to install libre on my device and said to install twrp, is it needed

This is the TWRP recovery for the Nexbox A5. To install, rename the file recovery.img and place it onto a sd card then put it into the box. Hold the reset button while powering on the device and it will boot into TWRP. You can install TWRP to the Nexbox A5's recovery by going to install, selecting "image" instead of zip, and flashing it to "recovery".

As LibreELEC is the way forward with these Boxes as the supplied Android image is pretty much garbage, I have made an update for all S905/X Nexbox's with 2GB of RAM.

LibreELEC-S905X-gxl_p212_2g.zip
    Mirror: uc?export=download&confirm=Lje1&id=0B21a8VVM4QfGby14ajZtb05pVlE

This is based on the 2016-10-03-devel version.

All I have done is included the dtb.img. Without it HD audio won't work and gives the crackling sound. I have also replaced the Nexbox boot image with the default Amlogic S905X boot image.

To install just flash with TWRP recovery.

(This is the TWRP recovery for S905X. To install, rename the file recovery.img and place it onto a sd card then put it into the box. Hold the reset button while powering on the device and it will boot into TWRP. You can install TWRP to your boxes recovery by going to install, selecting "image" instead of zip, and flashing it to "recovery".)

This should work with:

• Tanix TX5 Pro
    • MINIM8SII
    • Nexbox A5
    • Nexbox A95x
    • COOLEME MB1

Made an account here just to say thank you.

I own the Nexbox A5. The ROM it came with was garbage. HEVC was a bit hit and miss. Some worked, others didn't. It also had weird issues with black colours.

I was about ready to sell the Nexbox until I came across this LibreELEC build. I honestly can't empathize how much of an improvement installing LibreELEC has been.

All of my HEVC videos work fine and I have had no frame drops or stutters. CEC also works.

My only issue is with version released after LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.007.zip, they have sound problems. The newer devel versions have a crackling sound issue when playing streams.

Apart from that I am really happy with the LibreELEC build for the Nexbox A5 S905X.

The other issue I have had is with WIFI. The WIFI sucked before, but with LibreELEC it really sucks. WIFI is alot worse with LibreELEC then it was on the Android ROM.

Honestly WIFI isn't a huge issue as I use Ethernet. Just surprised that it is a lot worse.