S905x support, what is needed?

• I have not published devel build sources as it is a work in progress and I don't have proper commits for every change. I am now away for a few days and will be able to upload sources next week if you need them. I also think I will make 7.0.2.008 build next week.

• I have not published devel build sources as it is a work in progress and I don't have proper commits for every change. I am now away for a few days and will be able to upload sources next week if you need them. I also think I will make 7.0.2.008 build next week.

Thanks kszaq~~~
    I really expects your build that will come out in the next.
    Now I'm studying how to use github.
    I'm a newbie at compile.

• I have the same box as yours. I can confirm that suspend is not working on NAND installation too.

Hey, a bit OT but could you please tell me how much free space do you have on internal? I'm having issues writing and reading to external at the same time and I'm wondering if 16GB boxes have enough free space for what I want.

• Hey, a bit OT but could you please tell me how much free space do you have on internal? I'm having issues writing and reading to external at the same time and I'm wondering if 16GB boxes have enough free space for what I want.

Yeah I looked at mine earlier. 1GB was reversed for the system and I think it was about 11.5GB for the storage, I cant remember if that was the total or the amount left though. I can check tomorrow.

• Yeah I looked at mine earlier. 1GB was reversed for the system and I think it was about 11.5GB for the storage, I cant remember if that was the total or the amount left though. I can check tomorrow.

Thanks a lot! I'd be grateful if you could check and let me know for sure. 11.5GB is enough for most 1080p movies but not all. 1/2 GB more and it would make a difference.

EDIT: Btw, the SPDIF output seems different than the regular toslink connector. Is it still an optical out? I know there are different connectors on optical cables. Ones that look like 3.5mm jacks. Is that the one?

Again, thank you!

And sorry for OT.

Edited once, last by dastinger (October 8, 2016 at 12:07 AM).

• Made an account here just to say thank you.

I own the Nexbox A5. The ROM it came with was garbage. HEVC was a bit hit and miss. Some worked, others didn't. It also had weird issues with black colours.

I was about ready to sell the Nexbox until I came across this LibreELEC build. I honestly can't empathize how much of an improvement installing LibreELEC has been.

All of my HEVC videos work fine and I have had no frame drops or stutters. CEC also works.

My only issue is with version released after LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.007.zip, they have sound problems. The newer devel versions have a crackling sound issue when playing streams.

Apart from that I am really happy with the LibreELEC build for the Nexbox A5 S905X.

The other issue I have had is with WIFI. The WIFI sucked before, but with LibreELEC it really sucks. WIFI is alot worse with LibreELEC then it was on the Android ROM.

Honestly WIFI isn't a huge issue as I use Ethernet. Just surprised that it is a lot worse.

Edited once, last by pingu (October 8, 2016 at 12:56 AM).

• EDIT: Btw, the SPDIF output seems different than the regular toslink connector. Is it still an optical out? I know there are different connectors on optical cables. Ones that look like 3.5mm jacks. Is that the one?

Yes, there's another SPDIF optical output that likes 3.5mm jacks. They are used on cheaper TV box. I tried to attached a photo of mine with this post but couldn't.

• Yes, there's another SPDIF optical output that likes 3.5mm jacks. They are used on cheaper TV box. I tried to attached a photo of mine with this post but couldn't.

Thank you! But it works exactly the same, correct? I just need a cable with regular toslink to mini toslink to connect the box to my receiver and that's it?

• I also think I will make 7.0.2.008 build next week.

Would it be possible to add the following firmware to your build??

ATSC_firmware.zip

I'm starting to work on getting ATSC dvb working and these are generally not included in the kernel. I still have to work on figuring out the driver - but this would be a start. Thanks!

• after a couple more days of using devel r23361 I have noticed the following :-

VC1 full bluray rips stutter and do not play smoothly (could be limitation of hardware?)
    3D sbs rips when played in 2D the gui changes correctly but the picture is still side by side
    Noticed a very slight flicker when watching 1080i football on livetv from a tvheadend server

Apart from that everything else seems to work beautiful. Great work kszaq.

• As LibreELEC is the way forward with these Boxes as the supplied Android image is pretty much garbage, I have made an update for all S905/X Nexbox's with 2GB of RAM.

LibreELEC-S905X-gxl_p212_2g.zip
    Mirror: uc?export=download&confirm=Lje1&id=0B21a8VVM4QfGby14ajZtb05pVlE

This is based on the 2016-10-03-devel version.

All I have done is included the dtb.img. Without it HD audio won't work and gives the crackling sound. I have also replaced the Nexbox boot image with the default Amlogic S905X boot image.

To install just flash with TWRP recovery.

(This is the TWRP recovery for S905X. To install, rename the file recovery.img and place it onto a sd card then put it into the box. Hold the reset button while powering on the device and it will boot into TWRP. You can install TWRP to your boxes recovery by going to install, selecting "image" instead of zip, and flashing it to "recovery".)

This should work with:

• Tanix TX5 Pro
    • MINIM8SII
    • Nexbox A5
    • Nexbox A95x
    • COOLEME MB1

Edited once, last by pingu (October 12, 2016 at 8:10 PM).

• Is possible install in sd card or only nand?
    Thanks

Inviato dal mio SM-T815 utilizzando Tapatalk

• Tested this Version on SD Card: LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20161003204518-r23361-gb5788b7.img

On COOLEME MB1 and works pretty good ! .. thanks kszaq

Really pleased with the "Reboot to NAND" which reboots back to Android ... cus i like to play Android Games and Emulators :)

Edited once, last by Sevren68 (October 9, 2016 at 12:45 PM).

• Is possible install in sd card or only nand?
    Thanks

Inviato dal mio SM-T815 utilizzando Tapatalk

This is for installing to nand. I had issues with the SD booting so I can only use it by installing to the internal memory.

• Hi
    this image is compatible only with 2 gb ram devices ?or it works also with 1gb ram devices ?
    thanks

Edited once, last by qpman (October 9, 2016 at 10:29 PM).