S905x support, what is needed?

• Couldn't find the remote for the non-pro Tanix TX5, but I have added a few remote confs to this zip. One of them may work.

remote.zip

If people could post their remote.conf and brand of box I will add them to the zip.

For people installing this via TWRP. Here is the 2016-10-11 update zip.

LibreELEC-S905X-gxl_p212_2g-2016-10-11.zip

Thanks, I ended up restoring my stock FW and I'm running off of a flash drive for now until a good stable release is out to install on the box itself. Remote is working fine on flash drive.

I can confirm that the newer Tanix FW's do not allow to boot from usb/sd on the TX5 as well.

Now that I am running off of a flash drive I cant installtointernal, it gives me this error.

Checking filesystem integrity... Integrity check failed! Installation aborted.

Edited once, last by nadrojcote (October 12, 2016 at 5:14 PM).

• Place any zip file on the SD card and use the Backup & Restore tool to force the reset into recovery mode.

See some screenshot there, but remember that you only need a dummy zip

After 2 reboots the system is working, except for the remote control.

I have the same box... I put a dummy zip into sd, but after select update on Backup & Restore tool the box reboot without starting LibreELEC? I have to put only zip dummy or other files? what LibreElect use?

• I have the same box... I put a dummy zip into sd, but after select update on Backup & Restore tool the box reboot without starting LibreELEC? I have to put only zip dummy or other files? what LibreElect use?

I tried everything trying to get LibreELEC to boot from the SD on the Nexbox A5 without any luck.

I ended up using TWRP to install it to the internal memory.

I have a bit of a guide here.

Just make sure you are using the original firmware for the Box.

Edited once, last by pingu (October 12, 2016 at 8:15 PM).

• Use the last development version.
    In the SD you need the LibreELEC image and the dummy zip.

Probably you are missing some step, please read the installation guide again.

the last dev finally working...now change remote conf...

Edit: Perfect...all working fine. Last answer: when i push power button the sistem poweroff...No way to turn on with power button again?

Edited once, last by fantoniman (October 12, 2016 at 8:56 PM).

• Edit: Perfect...all working fine. Last answer: when i push power button the sistem poweroff...No way to turn on with power button again?

Same here, happens for me in Android as well, I've tried loads of things with no luck, I have found though I can turn the box on with your TV remove if you have CEC enabled....

• Same here, happens for me in Android as well, I've tried loads of things with no luck, I have found though I can turn the box on with your TV remove if you have CEC enabled....

So, is a problem of the p212 platform?

i tought 2 solution:

1 - Rii i7. If i buy this remote, can i turn on the box? if yes, is a way...
    2 - remote controlled Socket...

@ kszaq : your last devel workink like a charm on Scishion V88Pro ( a cheap p212 platform). But, with this

remote, i cannot turn on the box after total turnoff or suspend. Only remove energy cable... :( ...

Edited once, last by fantoniman (October 13, 2016 at 2:20 PM).

• personally speaking .. i use one of these to turn stuff on and off (works great with the COOLEME aka Mini M8S ii)
    better than a remote controlled socket (no line of sight, work remotely too .. don't have to be home to power things on/off)

• Hello,

I tried to install last dev of Librelec on Mini M8s II and I have problem with WIFI.
    Unit can't see any wifi, is this normal?

Edit:

Sorry I see now that it is lack of driver for that unit so far.

Edited once, last by techc4i (October 13, 2016 at 3:12 PM).

• Hi all,

I have a problem. I just got a A95x box, I have flashed the latest dev build to my usb drive.. I see all the files after install. I try to restart my box with the usb in either slot with the toothpick inserted then power on the box becomes stuck on the splash screen for the nexbox. If i change the device tree image from the one that comes with the img. to the one for this device tree, it errors the box out with debugger error.. Any Ideas?

• BT.2020 seems a bit iffy. Videos from here marked as BT.2020 are very dark. When playing one of the videos and going to the main menu, the interface is extremely dark. Once the video stops the interface brightness goes back to normal.

For some reason when playing one of them videos it makes everything a lot dimmer.

This video probably gives the best example: Demo Ultra-HD - LG Chess - HDR (HDR10)

Edited once, last by pingu (October 14, 2016 at 1:58 AM).

• BT.2020 seems a bit iffy. Videos from here marked as BT.2020 are very dark. When playing one of the videos and going to the main menu, the interface is extremely dark. Once the video stops the interface brightness goes back to normal.

For some reason when playing one of them videos it makes everything a lot dimmer.

This video probably gives the best example: Demo Ultra-HD - LG Chess - HDR (HDR10)

Hi~
    I think you don't have TV with HDR support.
    I don't have too.
    You can test it on Android with HDR OFF.

• There are sysfs options to turn HDR off but as far as I remember you need to play at least one video to make colours back to normal. Look for those options in /sys/class/amvecm.

@all Development builds have been deleted, all improvements for S905X are now included in 7.0.2.008 build. :)

• There are sysfs options to turn HDR off but as far as I remember you need to play at least one video to make colours back to normal. Look for those options in /sys/class/amvecm.

Thanks. Would be nice to have Limited Passthrough, Limited RGB and Full RGB mods implemented :)

EDIT#

Adding this to /storage/.config/autostart.sh should disable HDR.

Code
    OUTPUT=`xrandr -display :0 -q | sed '/ connected/!d;s/ .*//;q'`
    xrandr -display :0 --output $OUTPUT --set "Broadcast RGB" "Limited 16:235"

The issue is, xrandr isn't installed.

Edited once, last by pingu (October 14, 2016 at 11:41 AM).

• Just had a question got the Oct-11 build working on my Nexbox A95x 2GB. However when using a bluetooth keyboard and I have a search box open the "e" key will back out of the search box. I have tried messing with the keymaps but it still does this regardless of what I change. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Secondly, is there a way to have bluetooth connect without having to go in and manually pair the keyboard to the device? Aside from these minor issues this build has been phenomenal. Thanks for all the hard work.

• I am using a 4K TV and set up following resolution: 3840x2160 24p. I did play a video with 3840x1608 24p, so it looks like I am facing the scaling issue as well.
    My device is an Sunvell T95X with S905X chipset (1 GB RAM).

Latest .008 build fixed scaling issue for me, both Dolby HD & DTS-HD passthrough work as well. Thank you very much!