Posts by hummel95

Hi,

I'm using this for my Logitech Harmony (Pivos XIOS DS Media Play)

I tried to revert back to an Android ROM today but now my device is unusable and I need help trying to recover it (if possible).
    My device is a Sunvell T95X device with S905X chipset and 1 GB Ram / 100 Mbit Ethernet.

I flashed the Android ROM via SD-Card and toothpick method. I saw the Android dude and a progress bar.
    When the progress bar was filled up, the box shut itself down but it didn't boot.

When I try to turn on the box with my remote control, the light does not change colour (stays red (it's blue when power's on)) and there is no video output.
    Plugging the power cable in and out does not change anything either, still the red light.

After that I tried to flash other images (LibreElec included) via SD-Card but light does not change to blue, there's no video output and box does not boot.
    I also tried the Amlogic USB Burning Tool but the Box is not recognised, light again not blue.

Anyone's got an idea how to recover my box?
    Thanks in advance.

Edit: Problem solved.

The bug has been mentioned before but it was lacking an official bug report (and since it seems that the bug not only applys to the alpha version, I decided to make an extra bug report).

I'm using the latest [WIP] LibreElec alpha version 7.90 (2016-12-04).
    My device is a Sunvell T95X device with a S905X chipset and 1 GB ram
    which is connected to a Samsung 4K HDR capable TV.

When playing a HDR video, all the black parts of the video turn into grey.

To reproduce the issue, I just have to play an HDR video file.

Here is an example video file that creates the issue: uhd-hdr-test-v11.zip
    (There are HDR and SDR video files included for comparison, only the HDR files produce the issue though.)

I took photos of a HDR and a SDR video playing for comparison (same camera settings):
    HDR:

SDR:

(Look at the contrast difference of the writing for example)

Here's the log: log-2016-12-23-09.31.55.zip

Here's the mediainfo output of the HDR file: Mediainfo HDR file.txt

Thanks in advance and merry christmas,
    Hummel95

Hi kszaq,
    thanks for your work so far.

I have issues with a 2160p HDR 10bit video played with an S905X box running the 7.90 alpha on a 4k HDR tv.
    Black is displayed as grey (including the top and bottom borders), other 2160p HDR 10bit videos work fine though.
    I've tested the video on my pc (without h265 hw support) and many players (mpc-hc, vlc) have issues with the video (weird colors), only mpv-player plays the file flawlessly.

Here's the media info output:
    ID : 1
    Format : HEVC
    Format/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
    Format profile : Main [email protected]@High
    Codec ID : V_MPEGH/ISO/HEVC

Bit rate : 60.7 Mb/s
    Width : 3 840 pixels
    Height : 2 160 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate mode : Constant
    Frame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 10 bits
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.305
    Stream size : 51.9 GiB (88%)
    Writing library : x265 2.0+18-b0ec268aef60:[Windows][GCC 6.1.0][64 bit] 10bit
    Encoding settings : wpp / ctu=64 / min-cu-size=8 / max-tu-size=32 / tu-intra-depth=1 / tu-inter-depth=1 / me=1 / subme=2 / merange=57 / no-rect / no-amp / max-merge=2 / temporal-mvp / no-early-skip / rskip / rdpenalty=0 / no-tskip / no-tskip-fast / strong-intra-smoothing / no-lossless / no-cu-lossless / no-constrained-intra / no-fast-intra / open-gop / no-temporal-layers / interlace=0 / keyint=250 / min-keyint=23 / scenecut=40 / rc-lookahead=20 / lookahead-slices=8 / bframes=4 / bframe-bias=0 / b-adapt=2 / ref=3 / limit-refs=3 / no-limit-modes / weightp / no-weightb / aq-mode=1 / qg-size=32 / aq-strength=1.00 / cbqpoffs=0 / crqpoffs=0 / rd=3 / psy-rd=2.00 / rdoq-level=0 / psy-rdoq=0.00 / log2-max-poc-lsb=8 / no-rd-refine / signhide / deblock=0:0 / sao / no-sao-non-deblock / b-pyramid / cutree / no-intra-refresh / rc=abr / bitrate=61000 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=0 / qpmax=69 / qpstep=4 / vbv-maxrate=160000 / vbv-bufsize=160000 / ipratio=1.40 / pbratio=1.30
    Default : Yes
    Forced : No
    Color range : Limited
    Color primaries : BT.2020
    Transfer characteristics : SMPTE ST 2084
    Matrix coefficients : BT.2020 non-constant
    Mastering display color primaries : R: x=0.680000 y=0.320000, G: x=0.265000 y=0.690000, B: x=0.150000 y=0.060000, White point: x=0.312700 y=0.329000
    Mastering display luminance : min: 0.0001 cd/m2, max: 1000.0000 cd/m2
    Maximum Content Light Level : 1000 cd/m2
    Maximum Frame-Average Light Level : 500 cd/m2

All the other working videos have
    Format profile : Main [email protected]@Main or (Main [email protected]@Main)
    Color primaries : BT.709
    Transfer characteristics : BT.709
    Matrix coefficients : BT.601

instead, so I guess there might be an error with the color primariers (?).

Thanks in advance!

I am using a 4K TV and set up following resolution: 3840x2160 24p. I did play a video with 3840x1608 24p, so it looks like I am facing the scaling issue as well.
    My device is an Sunvell T95X with S905X chipset (1 GB RAM).

Latest .008 build fixed scaling issue for me, both Dolby HD & DTS-HD passthrough work as well. Thank you very much!

hummel95 Please remember to include more details when telling about issues, my crystal ball is a bit faulty. ;)

Are you by any chance using 4K TV? There is an issue with video scaling I've been noticed about when using smtpe resolutions. I'm unable to fix it since I don't have a 4K TV.

For HD passthrough you should read a few posts back where we discuss HD Audio and you would know that you need to download and use a p212 device tree from 7.0.2.007 build.

Sorry!
    I am using a 4K TV and set up following resolution: 3840x2160 24p. I did play a video with 3840x1608 24p, so it looks like I am facing the scaling issue as well.
    My device is an Sunvell T95X with S905X chipset (1 GB RAM).

Cheers!

Hi,

I tried kszaq's latest dev build (without Kernel (I do not need one as S905X owner, I believe?) and I am facing the following issues:
    When playing a movie, the video is not centered. There's no black bar at the bottom but an even bigger bar at the top.
    The movie has an DTS HD audio track but there is only DTS passthorugh (There was no setting for DTS-HD passthrough I believe).

Thanks for your efforts!