LE9.0 remote configs ir-keytable Amlogic devices

• File for m8s II mini s905x

Oh! It's absolutely same remote with same S905X! But codes absolutely different))

Friend, could you please catch your remote scancodes of OK, UP and DOWN keys in the ssh terminal manner, as in my previouse post? Could you share log of this to compare with mine?

I hope, it could help me to find a problem... thank you!

• Working for Nexbox A95X 2GB. If you use 1GB box, please change dtb to gxl_p212_1g.dtb .

All the best. ;)

My remote is working correctly for the nexbox a95x except for the mouse function. I can't switch the remote to it. I suspect that this is not a standard KODI remote function but an amlogic one so with the switch to the new driver, there is no way to map it to the remote.

Very unfortunate because I used to use it on occasion.

• Oh! It's absolutely same remote with same S905X! But codes absolutely different))

Friend, could you please catch your remote scancodes of OK, UP and DOWN keys in the ssh terminal manner, as in my previouse post? Could you share log of this to compare with mine?

I hope, it could help me to find a problem... thank you!

0x8025 KEY_LEFT

0x8026 KEY_UP

0x8027 KEY_RIGHT

0x8028 KEY_DOWN

0x800d KEY_ENTER

• 0x8025 KEY_LEFT

0x8026 KEY_UP

0x8027 KEY_RIGHT

0x8028 KEY_DOWN

0x800d KEY_ENTER

So, you just see in terminal exactly like this:

event type EV_MSC(0x04): scancode = 0x8025

And just copy-paste those codes into remote config file?

Hm... thank you... i wonder, why it could not work in my box..?

• So, you just see in terminal exactly like this:

event type EV_MSC(0x04): scancode = 0x8025

And just copy-paste those codes into remote config file?

Hm... thank you... i wonder, why it could not work in my box..?

yes.. actually check if file loads by executing

ir-keytable -a /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg -s rc0

if this gives an error delete comment from file..

• My remote is working correctly for the nexbox a95x except for the mouse function. I can't switch the remote to it. I suspect that this is not a standard KODI remote function but an amlogic one so with the switch to the new driver, there is no way to map it to the remote.

Very unfortunate because I used to use it on occasion.

No idea though. Anyone with nexbox a95x have a solution?

• Hello. Guys can anyone with wetek play2 device check one button (this big star called Favourites above TXT button). I do not know why but I can't map only this button in keymap editor app . I see scancode for this button, is added into my rc keymap file but still does not work and I do not know why.

Best regards

• Hello. Guys can anyone with wetek play2 device check one button (this big star called Favourites above TXT button). I do not know why but I can't map only this button in keymap editor app . I see scancode for this button, is added into my rc keymap file but still does not work and I do not know why.

Best regards

Have the same issue on my VIM2 remote. Seems to especially effect the FAV button but I am also seeing it with the SAT and RADIO/TV button. Scancodes are generated but Kodi fails to recognize them.

It seems to be a generic problem with IR_KEYTABLES because my old PC based system also fails to map the FAV button.

Shoog

• Yes and also HOME button does not work :( Prevous with remote.conf file I could map all buttons in keymap editor app. And remote repeats is very bad now. Before it was working good . Now I adjusted it little bit but still sometimes "jumping"

• Yes and also HOME button does not work :( Prevous with remote.conf file I could map all buttons in keymap editor app. And remote repeats is very bad now. Before it was working good . Now I adjusted it little bit but still sometimes "jumping"

the first post of this thread says that you can adjust the delay & repeats

Did you assign this buttons as KEY_FAVORITES and KEY_HOME?

you can try to add only this buttons in Lircmap.xls as in my example LE9.0 remote configs ir-keytable Amlogic devices

• ABOX A1 Max, same remote as the A95X. Works great, thanks.

LE9.0 remote configs ir-keytable Amlogic devices

Edit: Added the TV control codes (before assigning)

Edited once, last by The Coolest (March 1, 2018 at 7:20 PM).

• bubblegum57 , yes I know. I tested many configurations with repeats and adjusted it little bit . Now is better but still not this same like in older build. I will have to get used to it.

boot2k3 , thx You made my day :) I added Lircmap with these 2 buttons and after reboot everything is ok and I can map all of them :)

Best regards

• Mine isnt working after upgrate anymore. my remote.conf is here:

• bubblegum57 , yes I know. I tested many configurations with repeats and adjusted it little bit . Now is better but still not this same like in older build. I will have to get used to it.

Another knob you can turn to improve remote response is the idle timeout. By default it's set to 200ms on Amlogic / meson-ir, which is quite long - other IR receiver drivers use 125ms.

This value determines how long it takes until Linux recognizes that you released a button. By lowering this value you'll get faster response to very short button presses and also the repeat delay will work more accurately (and you can set it to lower values, if you like).

As a rule of thumb 50-100ms should be safe, you can also try going down to 20-30ms. Low values can be problematic when the system is loaded and timeouts lower than 20ms will most certainly break IR reception completely. I'd start with 50ms and then test and adjust it to your liking.

You can change the timeout with ir-ctl -t , but note that the value is in microseconds. So, for 50ms you have to use a value of 50000:

Code
    ir-ctl -t 50000

so long,

Hias