Not bootable SD

• Hello,

I have created a bootable SD with the tool for a Raspberry Pi 3 but it does not boot.

When powering the RPi it displays the initial color gradient splash screen and nothing happens afterwards.

I have tried creating on Linux (Kubuntu 16.04) and Mac OS X (El Capitan).

Then I tried creating the SD with the Startup Disk Creator and the downloaded 8.2.0.1 image and same result.

Just to be sure that the SD itself is bootable I downloaded the Raspbian Lite image and again using Startup Disk Creator I got a bootable SD.

My conclusion is that the problem must come from the LE image but I am not sure.

Any help?

Thanks

Edited once, last by kamaron: I performed other tests ().

• The image I have downloaded with the LE tool is LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-8.2.0.1.img (selecting RPi2/3 devices).

For the test creating the bootable SD with the Ubuntu Startup USD/SD creator I directly downloaded LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-8.2.0.1.img.gz

And as I described, both produce the same non-booting problem.

Edited once, last by kamaron: Improving readability ().

• NUC with LibreELEC Controlled by Logitech 665

Beelink MiniMXIII S905 2G/16G 1000M Lan LibreELEC from NAND. CoreELEC 8.95.4.2 from usb

MyGica 510b Now gone to the Great Media Centre in the Sky

H96 Pro (S912) CoreELEC 8.95.4.2 Controlled by Harmony 650 (configured as Mecool KIII Pro)

Mecool M8S Pro L running Android Leia Beta 5 & CoreELEC 8.95.42 from usb

:)

• But as far as I see on Rufus web site it is for Windows and it creates bootable USB drives.

I have no Windows computer. I have Mac and Linux.

And the bootable device is for Raspberry 2/3 so it must be a SD card, no USB drive

• I didn't realise you didn't have windows.

But, rufus can install to microsd, so I assume it will work on sd

NUC with LibreELEC Controlled by Logitech 665

Beelink MiniMXIII S905 2G/16G 1000M Lan LibreELEC from NAND. CoreELEC 8.95.4.2 from usb

MyGica 510b Now gone to the Great Media Centre in the Sky

H96 Pro (S912) CoreELEC 8.95.4.2 Controlled by Harmony 650 (configured as Mecool KIII Pro)

Mecool M8S Pro L running Android Leia Beta 5 & CoreELEC 8.95.42 from usb

:)

• I'll ask the OP the other obvious question: are you sure you have a Raspberry Pi3?

You would not be the first person to think they have a Raspberry Pi3 when in fact the device is a Raspberry Pi1.

Can you confirm what is written on the PCB just below the GPIO header pins - the following image is of a Raspberry Pi3 Model B:

so your PCB should be similar. If not, then your device is not a Raspberry Pi3 but most likely a Raspberry Pi1.

Just to be sure that the SD itself is bootable I downloaded the Raspbian Lite image and again using Startup Disk Creator I got a bootable SD.

Alternatively, boot into Raspbian, and paste the contents of /proc/cpuinfo.

Note that, unlike LibreELEC, the same Raspbian image will boot both RPi1 and RPi2/RPi3.

Also, try a different SD card.

• Ooops!
    You are right milhouse !!
    I have several RPi all them in cases and I was 100% convinced that this one was one of my RPi3 but after opening the case I saw it was an old RPi1 B+ as you said.

I apologise for this silly mistake.

Thanks so much you all !