[8.90.6] LibreELEC 9.0 Alpha for S905/S912 devices

• Just ignore and press OK, install will proceed as normal. This is a kodi bug as the dependency is there.

• belaid38  zbigzbig20 I have had chance to look at the problem with the wetek devices, the new module codesnake has built is incompatible with the kernel I am using in these releases by kszaq

I have messaged codesnake asking if he can fix it along with the error and a possible solution, for now you will have to wait a little longer I'm afraid.

• I have a Sidiwen X11 box (S905X, 2GB RAM, 16GB ROM).The device tree gxl_p212_2g.dtb fails to show the internal memory of the box (apparently NAND) and if I replace it on the SD card with the gxl_p212_2g_nand.dtb (renaming, of course), the box does not boot. Which device tree should I try in addition to these two, or is it just that there is not a suitable one for the box?

One other strange thing: if I SSH to the box, the command xrandr is not recognized. Is this also due to the device tree?

• One other strange thing: if I SSH to the box, the command xrandr is not recognized. Is this also due to the device tree?

The command xrandr is used by X11 or Wayland server - not in LE

• belaid38  zbigzbig20 I have had chance to look at the problem with the wetek devices, the new module codesnake has built is incompatible with the kernel I am using in these releases by kszaq

I have messaged codesnake asking if he can fix it along with the error and a possible solution, for now you will have to wait a little longer I'm afraid.

belaid38 zbigzbig20 I built crazycat driver addon with old codesnake driver.

driver.dvb.crazycat-9.0.1.0.zip

Pls, verify WP2 tuner driver with GDPR-2 devel version.

• I have a Sidiwen X11 box (S905X, 2GB RAM, 16GB ROM).The device tree gxl_p212_2g.dtb fails to show the internal memory of the box (apparently NAND) and if I replace it on the SD card with the gxl_p212_2g_nand.dtb (renaming, of course), the box does not boot. Which device tree should I try in addition to these two, or is it just that there is not a suitable one for the box?

One other strange thing: if I SSH to the box, the command xrandr is not recognized. Is this also due to the device tree?

Just use the dtb that works, not all NAND devices are supported, you will have to run LE off sdcard or usb flash drive.

• belaid38 zbigzbig20 I built crazycat driver addon with old codesnake driver.

driver.dvb.crazycat-9.0.1.0.zip

Pls, verify WP2 tuner driver with GDPR-2 devel version.

afl1 i tested this and the result is the same as the previous problem

I think the problem is a conflict wifi and driver tuner wetekdvb crazycat dvb

As the brother said zbigzbig20

Yes I also tested this new dev build from today on my play2 and after enabled crazycat drivers wifi does not work and dvb tuner. When I enable le default driver wifi is ok but no adapters in tvh webif settings

• [...]I've a reproducible stability issue with both the 8.90.4 adamg image as well with kszaq's image on Le Potato: Copying a huge amount of data crashes the device. [...]

I've narrowed it down finally: It's the network that crashes. When I run a huge file operation and ssh session disconnects, the file operation contniues and is successfull in the end. Tearing down and restarting the network brings the box up'n'running again... Btw. - did this not with LibreELEC, but with Armbian, which has teh same problem.

• Maybe you think about again about not locking this thread, leave it open for talk like now and create another just for collecting faq-like postings from advanced users.

I doubt it would make any difference.

There seems to have been a huge increase in blow-ins requiring hand holding recently, some not even bothering to read previous posts on the same page. Those too lazy to read the f-a-q will continue to post in this thread in the hope of the answer being handed to them on a platter, without any effort on their part. :rolleyes:

• Hi I'd like to try Libreelec on my beelink GT1.

I'm a bit confuse with DTB img.

Which one should I choose ? q200 or q201 ? And 1G, 2G,... refer to ram ?

The faq says "S912: You need to choose device tree according to your Ethernet port speed and RAM amount." so I don't really understand...

• I've narrowed it down finally: It's the network that crashes. [...]

I had some exchange with the very helpful Armbian team - they had the same issue and it is solved. Here are the mainline kernel patches that adressed the issue:

[net] net: stmmac: enable EEE in MII, GMII or RGMII only - Patchwork

[net,v3] net: phy: meson-gxl: detect LPA corruption - Patchwork

kszaq & GDPR-2: Is it possible to somehow incorporate this into the LibreELEC kernel?

• These mainline kernel patches cannot be applied to 3.14 kernel. For the first issue there is already a fix in LE kernel. There is also another patch that is present in LE master but not in the kernel that GDPR-2 uses: PD#147897(146205): eth: fix eth stop · LibreELEC/[email protected] · GitHub

Please note that I don't support these builds.