[8.90.6] LibreELEC 9.0 Alpha for S905/S912 devices

• Hey all,

thanks again for these releases -- but after today's auto-update, the remote control stopped working.

(It's a Beelink S905)

There's some message about the joystick plugin's dependency failing, but the message gets cut off.

Any thoughts on what could fix this? I can ssh in OK.

wintrmute

LE9.0 remote configs ir-keytable Amlogic devices

Also make sure that you update the DTB.

Use the one, that you find in this post: LE9.0 remote configs ir-keytable Amlogic devices

Should work fine.

• so here's where I am stuck. I get the error no device found when i run ir0keytable. ok. so i need to update the device tree.

it's a venz v10 pro with 2gigs of memory so i download this one :

gxl_p212_2g.dtb

i rename it as dtb.img and put it in the update folder, together with the .tar file. it does update however, still no device found. is there a way to just update the device tree?

• because I used version 8.90.11a

I like this version, but 8.90.11a is not supported and I switched to 8.90.4

on 8.90.4 problems with the remote control

I think Pelican, wasn't actually asking why you were using 8.9.40, he was just saying, these are pre alpha versions, stick with a stable version.

But if you really want to try out 8.9.40, then you either have to try to create your own or wait for someone else with the same box, (whatever that is) to create the files, then you can copy them over.

• hello i tried keymap editor to assign a key on my philips tv cec remote but i cant .is there a way to know witch keys are send via cec to kodi? i need to assign only one key,so i can change proprietis on a video...seen ,not see, rescan..etc ,and i can oly use tv remote .

thanks

• GDPR-2 I apologize if this has been posted, I looked for it on the thread but I failed to find it, but would it be to much to ask for the source of your update.php file?

It's a bit of a mess and was just put together quickly, it just reads the directory and strips the version from the files and compares it to the version that LE sends and then outputs the answer in json format if the version on the server is newer than whatever the user is running. It serves it's function basically, chewitt has a much better version available afaik.

hello i tried keymap editor to assign a key on my philips tv cec remote but i cant .is there a way to know witch keys are send via cec to kodi? i need to assign only one key,so i can change proprietis on a video...seen ,not see, rescan..etc ,and i can oly use tv remote .

thanks

There is a tutorial on the forums for how to read the IR codes sent by your remote.

• It's a bit of a mess and was just put together quickly, it just reads the directory and strips the version from the files and compares it to the version that LE sends and then outputs the answer in json format if the version on the server is newer than whatever the user is running. It serves it's function basically, chewitt has a much better version available afaik.

Thanks for the reply I will check chewitt 's version if I can find it :)

• GDPR-2

It might be a good idea to add a bold note about the IR Remote changes to the OP.

It makes no difference if I put it in bold or even in font size 36, there are still people who will still disregard it or not bother to read whatever I put.

When I made the .4 release both myself and afl1 had tested the changes for a couple of weeks before hand and I knew it would cause issues for some people and there would be a lot of moaning but had everyone been using a 8.2 dtb rather than ancient ones then the dtb would automatically update, this is why we have le-dt-id inside of them which you know about.

What this forum needs is a proper FAQ thread or Wiki page but I don't have the time to maintain something like that, it takes up enough of my time just replying and making builds, it takes 2+ hours for each rebuild of each device and even testing minor changes is still a good 15-30mins for each change, bearing in mind I also have a full time 40hrs/week job and a personal life and when people can't bother to spend just a few minutes to find the answer it is infuriating given the amount of time I pour into things.

I can see why most of the developers are burnt out and why attitudes of some developers suck.

On a side note The Coolest  HeresJohnny the latest devel release allows you to change the chroma/colour space without having to mess about with commands in autostart.sh

I would rather add the options to Kodi than direct people to SSH on to their devices and hard code things into scripts, little things like that are relatively easy to add.

/sys/module/di/parameters/bypass_all
    /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/attr
    /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/output_rgb

Are all adjustable in the latest devel release and I plan to add support for changing /sys/module/di/parameters/nr2_en and also the CPU governor in the next one.