[8.90.6] LibreELEC 9.0 Alpha for S905/S912 devices

• In Le 8.2 is perfect data feeding by pvr.mythtv. LE 8.x and LE 9.x use different pvr versions (4.x.x vs 5.x.x). It looks like issue in pvr.mythtv for LE 9.0.

afl1 Ok good to know. Thanks for looking into this. Maybe I will test it on x86_64 and see if it has the same problem.

• hi all im sergio from italy.

I have a m8s pro box with s905x and i was able to boot from sd card libreelec and ubuntu mate (differents sd card)

just miss the vfd that i just check and its a fd628. How i can add this just for show the clock ?

Im ready to give access in ssh to this machine for check if miss somethin or just for testing.

I have just extract original dtb.img.gz from original nand android firmware and i just share here.

If just for checking I put the original dtb.img on sd root it boot from internal (android , no libreelec) but the vfd display only show boot.

Thank for the help but im really newbie on linux world.

Im sorry for my bad english :D

dtb.img.gz.zip

• Do you a VPN service running?, I have a number of 905 boxes and none of them auto update unless I go into the VPN manager addon and disconnect VPN, although all display the "update available" notification, once VPN is disconnected, go into Libreelec setting and just re click on Updates auto and it should download. PS. I also have a Beelink mini mx III II box and by doing the above it updates.

I've had no issues with a VPN and updates. Not sure which VPN manager you use but I have used Zomboided's for quite some time and it has worked great.

• Hello to all! I have a Beelink mini mx III II box, with installed LE 9. My problem is that my system won't update to 8.90.2 version. After I turn my box on, the system reminds me, that there's an update, but when I restart it, the pdate process doesen't start. I checked the update folder, there I can find the downloaded image file. I tried to copy to that folder the image manually, but that didn't help. Do you have an idea what to do?

What version are you trying to upgrade from?

• I have a MXQ Pro 4k box with S905 (1GB RAM, 8GB flash).

Currently it is running kszaq's 8.0.1k version with "gxbb_p200_1G_mxq_pro_4k.dtb". Runs fine.

But I want to update to be able to use Amazon VOD Plugin:

I downloaded LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.90.2.img.gz

as well as the device-tree gxbb_p200_1G_mxq_pro_4k.dtb

I put the image onto SD with help of LE USB creator. I copied the dtp file as "dtb.img" to libreelec-partition. Unmount SD card, put into box, powered up and ... Boot stucks at MXQPRO logo ... forever.

I tried also device-tree from 9.0 folder: gxbb_p200_1G_mxq_pro_4k.dtb

Same issue. Thank god I created a dd-image from my previos, working version.

Any suggestion how to overcome this boot-issue? Is there anything I can do to find out what's going wrong?

• if you can't get past the mxq logo then this would most probably be a dtb issue, can you still boot to android?

• Rebooting to android still works, yes.

Then yes it's most probably the dtb at fault, you can try and mount your external card/drive and browse to /usr/share/bootloader to pull out the latest version, I would upload it for you but I'm away from a machine right now.

• [User = '3004'] adamg [/ user]

Grazie per la risposta. Per essere sinceri, eseguo LE7 sul T95M.

Quindi il mio "obiettivo" è stato un po 'più difficile, ma dopo un po' di massaggio, questo è il risultato :)(questa è una build che ho biforcato da LE 7.0.12l di kszaq)

rs3sNm7.jpg

It's my same display please help me !!!

• Then yes it's most probably the dtb at fault, you can try and mount your external card/drive and browse to /usr/share/bootloader to pull out the latest version, I would upload it for you but I'm away from a machine right now.

Which one? My SD-card i just prepared? Please be more precise where i can "pull out the latest version".

• That's awesome, congratulations, which driver did you use?

I modified the Tanix driver. It works fine, but the map was a bit different.

It's my same display please help me !!!

It is still very much a work in progress. Also my build is based on LE 7.0.12l, not 8.90.2.

What TV Box do you have? This display is very common, but each box can have it wired differently inside, so what works for one box will not work for another.

If you have a T95M, try this device tree with LE 8.90.2 and see if the display lights up or not.

• Which one? My SD-card i just prepared? Please be more precise where i can "pull out the latest version".

If I boot my backedup old version, I can of course access /usr/share/bootloader. But then I can only access the old dtb, which will not match the new kernel and whatnot of new LE 9.0 alpha version.

I already tried using this dtb, but issue is still there GDPR-2 ...

No idea where I can get a version that works...

Anyone out there using an MXQPro4k with LE9.0 alpha with success?

• Which one? My SD-card i just prepared? Please be more precise where i can "pull out the latest version".

I was already very precise, you can't mount the internal NAND on a computer can you? You will have to mount the sdcard on Linux or use some windows program and then if you browse to the folder I specified then my instructions will become more clear.

• If I boot my backedup old version, I can of course access /usr/share/bootloader. But then I can only access the old dtb, which will not match the new kernel and whatnot of new LE 9.0 alpha version.

I already tried using this dtb, but issue is still there GDPR-2 ...

No idea where I can get a version that works...

Anyone out there using an MXQPro4k with LE9.0 alpha with success?

You have just stated the obvious. You need to mount the newer version to get the file, I already told you this, I would upload it but I have no access to a computer, the DTBs are all different on major Kodi versions due to changes in the kernel if you do not use the correct DTB it will not boot!