[8.90.6] LibreELEC 9.0 Alpha for S905/S912 devices

• Apologies, it's one issue I haven't had time to look into yet, I just saw the commit message and jumped to conclusions.

Thanks for the heads up, I have tried to look through the OSMC source but it is a complete patch fest that I can't make head or tails off.

In OSMC source I see they are building Krypton. In Krypton is 3D auto-switch working.

I found some cleaning @FernetMenta in this commit drop some dirty playstate hacks · xbmc/xbmc@cc59c9d · GitHub. He probably broke correct StereoscopicsManager informing about playback started in amlogic builds. I fixed this issue with my last patch. In next release the 3D auto-switching will be working.

• Me to.

But ext4 formated external HDD is no standard. I never formated external drives with ext4, using NTFS or exFat is working fine.

Lessons learned:

External USB-HDD in ext4 format connected @amlogic box is to slow to play high bitrate UHD video

Well even my ext4 formatted hdds that are attached to my rpi and router struggle. Dunno if it's the box or the installation

• Well even my ext4 formatted hdds that are attached to my rpi and router struggle. Dunno if it's the box or the installation

UHD isn´t supported by Raspberry.

FHD works @amlogic box

UHD works on NTFS HDD

UHD fails on ext4 HDD -> bottleneck could be USB2

Now You can wait if developers will work on this(could be a long time waiting), or use another format on Your external HDD´s

Recommended NTFS or exFat

• I still have a 4:3 CRT TV without HDMI, so I'm using the analog TV out of my Nexbox A5.

After the LibreELEC boot screen I just get a blank screen. I assume this is because analog TV out is not enabled.

Would it be possible to enable analog TV out in this build (just like kszaq did in 8.0.2c)?

• sinancetinkaya I'm sorry, but I don't understand what your answer has to do with my question.

What would be the advantage of a tvheadend server installation on android? I have problems with Android because the HW deinterlacing doesn't work under Kodi. With Libreelec everything runs smoothly.

If there was tvheadend server for Android I wouldn't need someone to work hard on libreelec for me. Since users don't know the efforts spent on this project, it's easy to say "libreelec is awesome, keep it going"

I'm using my box as tvheadend server and I'm watching live TV on Android phone, windows PC. I've never had playing issues.

• I appreciate your having issues but there is not a great deal that I can do about streaming issues, you have provided me with no useable information (logs) to be able to assist you.

This release shares the same kernel and drivers as kszaqs build with the main difference only really being to the version of Kodi that is in so I really can't see the issue at present.

I would ask that you test the file locally with a USB stick and if the issue resolves itself then it's obviously a network issue. Samba is the number 1 cause of these issues 9/10x as well, if you are using a NAS it should already support NFS.

Hello GDPR-2 . I uploaded here: Paste.ee - View paste 5Vo66 my log regarding the problem i had playing videos via wifi on local samba share. For anyone that missed my previous posts, my mini m8s s905x used to play perfectly any videos via wifi from my samba share while on kszaq builds. On latest adamg builds, most of my videos play 1-2 seconds and stop. Of course i love adamg builds and this is why i want to make them work again. Thanks :)

Update: also from usb i can't play the same videos. I tried copying to usb a couple of them.

Edited once, last by isidoros (January 6, 2018 at 4:14 PM).

• If there was tvheadend server for Android I wouldn't need someone to work hard on libreelec for me. Since users don't know the efforts spent on this project, it's easy to say "libreelec is awesome, keep it going"

I'm using my box as tvheadend server and I'm watching live TV on Android phone, windows PC. I've never had playing issues.

Okay, I understand. This is a different use case than I have, because I use the box itself as a display device. The TVHeadend server is a Rock64 with USB3 and Gigabit LAN with Ubuntu as OS.

• pepeq please try the following test release for your 3D issue and report back link

GDPR-2 + afl1 + kszaq:

Heureka,

with your devel-version LibreELEC-S905.arm-9.0-devel-20180106155556-r27864-gac50f89.tar

now 3D-autoswitching works again as in kszaq's version 8.2.x !

Thanks a lot for your research and efforts to fix this!

It's a good feeling to see helpful developers around, good job!

:):):)

• nothing to do with me, buy afl1 a beer as he is the one responsible for the fix, I'm glad it's working again for you

• I have some trouble with hw playback (sw plays fine) hevc files on my box (self handbraked tv series), on the other hand odroid/raybuntu build works well. how can I send you a test file GDPR-2 ? Dont want to share it here public as a matter of law.