[8.90.6] LibreELEC 9.0 Alpha for S905/S912 devices

• This PR need in kernel enable CONFIG_POST_PROCESS_MANAGER_3D_PROCESS. Current settings is not set.

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # cat /sys/class/ppmgr/ppmgr_3d_mode
    cat: can't open '/sys/class/ppmgr/ppmgr_3d_mode': No such file or directory
    LibreELEC:~ # ls -l /sys/class/ppmgr/

After enabling this option:

Code
    current 3d mode is 0x0
    LibreELEC:~ #

is CONFIG_POST_PROCESS_MANAGER_3D_PROCESS a parameter, which must be set during compilation (-> new release from GDPR-2)

or can I set this in a file on my LE-SD-card (e.g. /flash/boot.ini) to activate?

• The next release will be on 1st January for those wondering however I need to agree it with afl1 as he is now collaborating on this build, I will try to provide changelogs for future releases as well, following on from this releases will probably be on a fortnightly basis as things are becoming more stable now.

Changes to follow in the next version...

Display Spoiler

Added support for LePotato

Fixed Bluetooth *

Fixed frequency scaling and thermal on S912

Fixed issue with 5G WiFi channels

Fixed LCD display on TX3 mini

Fixed WiFi for devices with SV6051P **

Updated Kodi and binary addons

Updated Samba to v4.7.4

Updated Systemd to v236

* Users with Broadcom or QCA9377 chipsets only

** Need a report from someone to confirm

This is not a complete list but merely the most relevant changes.

• question, when i use amazon prime, video is decoded in software and its slow, but on android video is decoded using hardware and plays super fast can this be fixed

This has been covered many times there is no hardware decoding for libwidevine (yet) it's not something that is likely to get address any time soon.

• I have Tanix TX3 mini with Wi-Fi chip sv6051p. Wi-Fi works with LibreELEC-S905.arm-adamg-1.0.8 and LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.90.10-K. With LibreELEC-S905.arm-adamg-1.1.0(and later builds)/LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.90.0 WiFi doesn't work any more.

I need more information, can you provide a copy of your dmesg

LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.90.10-K build WiFi works: EVUM

LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.90.0 build WiFi doesn't work: AfYW

• This has been covered many times there is no hardware decoding for libwidevine (yet) it's not something that is likely to get address any time soon.

This is only apply for libreelec right ?since on android i have hw decoding of amazon but maybe this because i have widevine l1 drm support on box and im not using libwidevinecdm.so

• This is only apply for libreelec right ?since on android i have hw decoding of amazon but maybe this because i have widevine l1 drm support on box and im not using libwidevinecdm.so

Currently there is no way to use Widevine with hardware decoding on pure Linux, e.g. LibreELEC.

• This PR need in kernel enable CONFIG_POST_PROCESS_MANAGER_3D_PROCESS. Current settings is not set.

Code
    cat: can't open '/sys/class/ppmgr/ppmgr_3d_mode': No such file or directory
    LibreELEC:~ # ls -l /sys/class/ppmgr/

After enabling this option:

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # cat /sys/class/ppmgr/ppmgr_3d_mod@
    current 3d mode is 0x0
    LibreELEC:~ #

afl1:

I managed to compile my own LE-version now (based on GDPR-2 's git-version)

But I need one hint: which file does contain the kernel-option CONFIG_POST_PROCESS_MANAGER_3D_PROCESS you described?

I want to set it and recompile again, to see if 3D-autoswitch will work then...

• afl1:

I managed to compile my own LE-version now (based on GDPR-2 's git-version)

But I need one hint: which file does contain the kernel-option CONFIG_POST_PROCESS_MANAGER_3D_PROCESS you described?

I want to set it and recompile again, to see if 3D-autoswitch will work then...

This option is already set in current sources. Verify it with cat /sys/class/ppmgr/ppmgr_3d_mode

• Enabling CONFIG_POST_PROCESS_MANAGER_3D_PROCESS will most likely cause a crash and it is not needed to make 3D autoswitch work, at least it is not enabled in my builds and it reportedly works.

• Enabling CONFIG_POST_PROCESS_MANAGER_3D_PROCESS will most likely cause a crash and it is not needed to make 3D autoswitch work, at least it is not enabled in my builds and it reportedly works.

Ok. I reverted this option to disable.