[8.90.6] LibreELEC 9.0 Alpha for S905/S912 devices

• Did anyone face the problem that sometimes the volume keys stop working immediately after Kodi starts? Only a restart fixes this. How could I debug to see what is going on? This issue I face since long.

Replugging the USB device does not help so I think it is related to Kodi.

I use an USB airmouse.

• i use the latest Version today, comes from 8.2.1.1 , my tvheadend goes to 4.3, after 10 minutes i have a complete freez.

I don't quite understand... You used the latest version of what? If tvheadend is a problem you can downgrade it and disable updates on the package.

Did anyone face the problem that sometimes the volume keys stop working immediately after Kodi starts? Only a restart fixes this. How could I debug to see what is going on? This issue I face since long.

Replugging the USB device does not help so I think it is related to Kodi.

I use an USB airmouse.

Do all the other buttons still work?

To debug this...
    Settings>System>Logging>Enable debug logging

SSH into your box and do "tail -f ~/.kodi/temp/kodi.log"

Press enter a few times to clear some of the spam then press the volume keys when they are not working and paste the output here.

• I don't quite understand... You used the latest version of what? If tvheadend is a problem you can downgrade it and disable updates on the package.

Do all the other buttons still work?

To debug this...
    Settings>System>Logging>Enable debug logging

SSH into your box and do "tail -f ~/.kodi/temp/kodi.log"

Press enter a few times to clear some of the spam then press the volume keys when they are not working and paste the output here.

Yes, all other buttons work. Unfortunately, I only get this codec messages. Nothing about the remote. I pressed several buttons, no message in the log. I can post more but I guess this is not helpful.

• Yes, all other buttons work. Unfortunately, I only get this codec messages. Nothing about the remote. I pressed several buttons, no message in the log. I can post more but I guess this is not helpful.

Very strange it logs commands with tv remotes and the amlogic remotes, I have a air remote knocking around, I just have to find it after recently moving and I will look into this, has it been this way with all releases or just been like this recently?

• I'm new here and i came to stay.

I changed a WD TV Play into a S905x Player from Aliexpress and it superseedes the old system.

I had the following wishes:

- Play x265

- Use Amazon Prime Video

- Faster Boottime (15 sec instead of 2 min!)

Everything is working fine.

I have had a few problems:

- Sound not working properly with HDMI 5.1 extractor -> wrong channels are choosen in player options (2.0 instead of 5.1)

But therefore some 2.0 stereo Videos from Amazon Prime sounds strange, i have to "play around" with the audio track and toggle the bitstream output on/off if occurs.

- DLNA/UPNP often not working (not found), even after some time and after restart. I had to play with the "waiting for network on boot" switch, works perfectly fine now, although boot time did NOT increase after toggle on. Must be a bug.

- integrated WLAN does not work, because it is a cheap edition with the non-supported WLAN chip. I had a few spare parts of Realtek Wifi Nano Adapter, which are not compatible with Win10 and therefore useless for most cases. They work fine, and there is even another wifi stick waiting for my second player in the sleeping room arriving on christmas.

I won't upgrade the system until late beta or RTM, because everything works fine for me now.

BTW: Don't you have any donation option?

• I don't quite understand... You used the latest version of what? If tvheadend is a problem you can downgrade it and disable updates on the package.

i´m new on libreelec, (have a new KII pro Box with S905D). I update for tests with Amazon or netflix. But the most used Addon here ist Tvheadend for watching Live TV.

I use your latest 1.0.7.1.img.gz, update from a worked 8.2.1.1, i see thatadd on migration, but after 20 minutes i make a reboot. After reboot some addons have new Versions (tveadend 4.3) After 10 Minutes Live TV i see a complete Freeze, Nothing is possible, no ssh, only a hard reboot.

I restart, downgrade to Tvheadend 4.2 (my old running version) after 10-15 min the same, complete freeze!

Can i everything do for this issues, debug log or so? But how can is do this on the complete freeze.

regard Frank

• The 2.0 channel option is how you are supposed to do it with the HDMI/SPDIF extractor and then select passthrough and enable DD AC3 transcoding.

Unfortunately not much can be done about your unsupported wifi chip until the driver is opensourced, I would recommend using powerline adapters as wifi is not very good on these cheap boxes.

No I don't have a donate option, I do this for fun not for profit, I would recommend sending a donation to kszaq, afl1 and ofcourse LE itself, they have done most of the work here, I have just brought it forward from 8.2. I appreciate the thought though.

Helping towards seeing the S905/X run LE perfectly and seeing you guys run my builds is reward enough for me.

• i´m new on libreelec, (have a new KII pro Box with S905D). I update for tests with Amazon or netflix. But the most used Addon here ist Tvheadend for watching Live TV.

I use your latest 1.0.7.1.img.gz, update from a worked 8.2.1.1, i see thatadd on migration, but after 20 minutes i make a reboot. After reboot some addons have new Versions (tveadend 4.3) After 10 Minutes Live TV i see a complete Freeze, Nothing is possible, no ssh, only a hard reboot.

I restart, downgrade to Tvheadend 4.2 (my old running version) after 10-15 min the same, complete freeze!

Can i everything do for this issues, debug log or so? But how can is do this on the complete freeze.

regard Frank

Your fault. Overwriting your running version with higher alpha version is big mistake. If you starts testing new alpha version you have to start testing with clean installation on new SD card.

Now you can start LE installation from scratch. Clean install on SD card -> installtointernal.

• afl1 Is Availink avl6862 driver in this build same as in your build?
    Yesterday I tested this build, I couldn't do channel scanning in some muxes .
    I had the same problem with your build before you reverted the driver back.

• Your fault. Overwriting your running version with higher alpha version is big mistake. If you starts testing new alpha version you have to start testing with clean installation on new SD card.

Now you can start LE installation from scratch. Clean install on SD card -> installtointernal.

ok, i must learn something, when i start with a clean 9.0 , how tvheadend you prefer? 4.2 oder 4.3, can i use my complete tvheadend config folder?

• Very strange it logs commands with tv remotes and the amlogic remotes, I have a air remote knocking around, I just have to find it after recently moving and I will look into this, has it been this way with all releases or just been like this recently?

It has been like this for long(think since 8.0), it is actually not a super annoying bug so I was not reporting it but since it is still there in 9.0 I was wondering if it could be fixed. If you know how to debug I'm happy to do so.

Thanks GDPR-2