S905x support, what is needed?

• Can i also ask, the install notes for .007 say not to delete dtb if you are using s905x, but then some posts mention using a device tree, so do i take the gxl_p212_2g.dtb, rename it and overwrite on the sd card (like i did with s905) - or do i leave the dtb on the sd card then copy gxl_p212_2g.dtb over later on? I want to install to internal on a95x (2gb model).

Thanks.

• Are the dtb updates that we are supposed to use to replace the one that comes with the dev build the same as those for the S905 and used on 7.0.2.007? They are all dated Sept 22.
    I have a Mini M8S II.
    This is the link: device_trees

Thanks

Edited once, last by doggyofone (October 4, 2016 at 2:07 PM).

• Can i also ask, the install notes for .007 say not to delete dtb if you are using s905x, but then some posts mention using a device tree, so do i take the gxl_p212_2g.dtb, rename it and overwrite on the sd card (like i did with s905) - or do i leave the dtb on the sd card then copy gxl_p212_2g.dtb over later on? I want to install to internal on a95x (2gb model).

Thanks.

I repeat: .007 release notes are for .007 release and if you want to use development builds, search for notes on development builds.

You should download a device tree for your box and put it on SD card, like you do for S905. Alternatively you can leave dtb.img that is already present on SD card after creating SD card as gxl device trees are already included.

• No idea, sorry. USB driver for Amlogic is not very capable. Try to not write to that drive while watching.

Also, the USB driver for S905 and S905X is different so I'm unable to help you due to no S905X device.

• rename this file to remote.conf Put this file in /storage/.config and reboot or use remotecfg /storage/.config/remote.conf then use keymap editor addon to map the buttons according to your choice. hope this helps

Thank you. I extracted the remote.conf from android, copied it and executed "remotecfg /storage/.config/remote.conf" back on LE. The weird thing is, I executed "remotecfg /storage/.config/remote.conf" AND reboote and it didn't work, I double checked the remote.conf, executed again "remotecfg /storage/.config/remote.conf" and it didn't work. Executed "remotecfg /storage/.config/remote.conf" five times or so and the some of the buttons worked. Rebooted and all buttons worked. Can someone explain this?

Is it intented, that only English is supported as language? And also, that it is not possible to change the kodi skin?

Greetings
    m0nKeY

P.S.: advancedsettings.xml is also not loading if placed at /storage/.kodi/userdata.

Edited once, last by m0nKeY (October 4, 2016 at 8:12 PM).

• Yes and thank you for the log. I will tell you when I have something ready, I'm now busy with non-Amlogic-related life stuff. ;)

Sure.u are doing great job .ofcourse life things is important this.
    Keep me posted when u get chance.
    When i flash in s905x,i dont delete dtb.img should i replace with new test build tree dtb.img in sd card?
    Thanks

Hey kszaq, any word about post #408? I'd be glad to help you fix whatever needs fixing. If the issue is not on my side, ofc.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

• No idea, sorry. USB driver for Amlogic is not very capable. Try to not write to that drive while watching.

Also, the USB driver for S905 and S905X is different so I'm unable to help you due to no S905X device.

Thanks a lot! Do you think that the driver for the SD card is the same? Because I think the same thing happens.

Would you take a look at it when you get your device, please?

Again, thank you!

• This is not a solution as it breaks 4K H.264 for S905. Don't worry, I already made a patch that makes 4K H.264 working for both. :) This is the patch, not tested though: KhhG

For VP9 support you need two things: basics to add am-vp9 support: gKdb and this probably won't work just like that. You also need some header parsing/feeding for Amlogic (I'm not sure how it works) - you need to look it up in package/multimedia/libplayer/src/amplayer/player/player_hwdec.c from buildroot: arm-buildroot-2016-08-18-5aaca1b35f.tar.gz and add it to Kodi.

I adopted function vp9_update_frame_header from amplayer for use in Kodi. This is my first working patch: ETgW

Any comments would be helpful.

• Here's a new development build. I'm posting it here since it has mostly S905X-only fixes: changed booting procedure, fixed 4K H.264 playback (not tested, please report!) and one change to device tree that should fix audio - I missed one from @afl1's post.

2016-10-03-devel

I have installed this build on a Nexbox a95x (2G/16G). Just downloaded the file and put it on a microSD card. No need to download a device tree file (.dtb). Boots immediately to LibreElec. I was on a previous build were I had to use the 'toothpick method' once.
    This build runs fine, including HD sound, and for the first time my receiver displays the source correctly. It shows True HD, DTS-HD MA etc ...
    Previous builds always showed Multi In on the receiver.