Posts by braindamagedman

Hi~
    I just build to support vp9 for test
    LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20161005190041-r23325-g3be647e.img.gz - Google Drive

This is test build for vp9 only(Not based from kszaq's latest source)
    It also has problem with 4K 60FPS vp9 paly.

4K 25fps and 4K 30fps are OK.

I don't know if s905x supports 4K 60FPS vp9. Do you know? And I don't have 4K 60FPS vp9 to test in kplayer. I'll try to find it.

kszaq When I paly VP9 files, system memory goes to full after that cpu goes to 100%. Is this memory leak problem?

This is definitely memory leak. This is my mistake :) . I fixed feeing code. This is new patch - GTWc
    Please check it.

This is not a solution as it breaks 4K H.264 for S905. Don't worry, I already made a patch that makes 4K H.264 working for both. :) This is the patch, not tested though: KhhG

For VP9 support you need two things: basics to add am-vp9 support: gKdb and this probably won't work just like that. You also need some header parsing/feeding for Amlogic (I'm not sure how it works) - you need to look it up in package/multimedia/libplayer/src/amplayer/player/player_hwdec.c from buildroot: arm-buildroot-2016-08-18-5aaca1b35f.tar.gz and add it to Kodi.

I adopted function vp9_update_frame_header from amplayer for use in Kodi. This is my first working patch: ETgW

Any comments would be helpful.

Thanks, for your reply!

This is not a solution as it breaks 4K H.264 for S905. Don't worry, I already made a patch that makes 4K H.264 working for both. :) This is the patch, not tested though: KhhG

I totally agree with you. I just do not need portability in my work.
    Unfortunately I did not find your patches before.

For VP9 support you need two things: basics to add am-vp9 support: gKdb and this probably won't work just like that. You also need some header parsing/feeding for Amlogic (I'm not sure how it works) - you need to look it up in package/multimedia/libplayer/src/amplayer/player/player_hwdec.c from buildroot: arm-buildroot-2016-08-18-5aaca1b35f.tar.gz and add it to Kodi.

I totally agree with you, again :) I added am-vp9 support and now trying to make correct header work.

Hello everybody,

I'm building firmware for Amlogic s905x media box based on Amlogic sources. And I have same problem with h264 videos with resolution >1080p.
    After some research I found solution. To enable proper hardware decoding need to switch from h264_4k2k decoder to pure h264.

I commented this lines in xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/Video/AMLCodec.cpp:

Code
    [code]
    /*if (am_private->video_format == VFORMAT_H264) {
          CLog::Log(LOGDEBUG, "_MY CAMLCodec::OpenDecoder - video_format == VFORMAT_H264");
          if (hints.width > 1920 || hints.height > 1088) {
            am_private->video_format = VFORMAT_H264_4K2K;
          }
      }*/

[/code]

More information can be found here - Amlogic hardware support
    After that change all h264 videos works well.

Still have problem with vp9 support. Do you have solution?