DVB-T2 USB Stick advice

• Hi guys!
    I need to buy a new DVB-T2 USB Stick adapter for my Rpi3 with LibreElec 7.0.2.
    Could you indicate me some models that in your experience know to works fine (out of the box with this configuration)?
    Thanks a lot.

• Hi guys!
    I need to buy a new DVB-T2 USB Stick adapter for my Rpi3 with LibreElec 7.0.2.
    Could you indicate me some models that in your experience know to works fine (out of the box with this configuration)?
    Thanks a lot.

Hi,

I personally recently bought this
    Sundtek Shop | Sundtek MediaTV Digital Home (DVB-C/T/T2) | online kaufen
    Working great using DVB-T signal and tvheadend. Unfortunately I have not had time yet to install the antenna required for viewing DVB-T2 broadcasts.
    In libreelec there is sundtek addon, installing that will provide drivers for this stick. I am also using RPi3.

The driver development is still very active for this stick
    Sundtek Drivers

Latest linux driver is dated 14.7.2016, even though I think it's better to use the sundtek addon in libreelec.

• The cheapest USB tuner that works well with openelec should be the WandTV (and probably all those having the same chip)
    I am using it in 2 media players and also bought a third for a friend, all work flawlesly.

Comes with some sort of mini antenna with cable, a remote control and a CD, you can safelly throw all those away :P
    Just keep the USB stick ( photo ) - cost is about $11 bucks, that is about 10 euro

• Ah yes it says DVB-T and i see you need T2... In that case , sorry... i dont know which one is the cheapest that works good lol :)
    I do know that H.264 MPEG4 HD channels play fine here with this dongle, but protocol here is dvbt.
    For other people that may need it, this is a cheap dongl that does work fine ;)

• I am using GENIATECH MyGica USB TV Stick T230 DVB-T2 tuner on RPi2 and RPi3.
    Running TvHeadend.
    Receiving HD channels on DVB-T2 frequencies.

Got it from Aliexpress at USD 22.50, including shipping to Singapore.

AZR3ia2u

Edited once, last by darkblaster77 (August 3, 2016 at 4:22 AM).

• Yup. Running great out of the box on LibreELEC 7.0.2
    But of course you are still required to setup the channels in TvHeadend.

I have had 4 of T230s working in my home media server for about a year now. They were working fine with OE and doing their jobs fine also in LE. They all work out-of-the-box. No driver/kernel hassle. Just plug them in, boot the system and you are running fine. I have used them for DVB-C and DVB-T and both work fine. Naturally you have do the tvheadend configuration.

The record so far is 16 channels saving simultanously from 4 muxes and no problems, no errors or jitter. T230s are running pretty hot thou. I am using tvheadend 4.2 for timer things and everything is working great.

Windows 10 is working too but needs some driver updates if using more than 1 T230s in the same system. I installed DVBviewer to W10 and with the updated drivers W10 anniversary update is working fine with 4 of T230s. Kodi in W10 works too well with dvbviewer recording service.

Bought for my friend 3 more of T230 and he is happy with them using pretty much the same config i do. I can recommend T230s for OE/LE and W10. Cost was about 20€/unit from China to local post office.

• Dear friends!
    Thanks for the useful thread.
    I'm really interesting to get a USB DVB T2 tuner for my Wetek Hub, running LE. I'm focused on MyGica T230 but in this thread you mention T230s, which I can't find anywhere as a model. Could you please share a link to it, just to compare it with T230.
    Thanks in advance.

Sent from my OnePlus 2 using Tapatalk

• Dear friends!
    Thanks for the useful thread.
    I'm really interesting to get a USB DVB T2 tuner for my Wetek Hub, running LE. I'm focused on MyGica T230 but in this thread you mention T230s, which I can't find anywhere as a model. Could you please share a link to it, just to compare it with T230.
    Thanks in advance.

Sent from my OnePlus 2 using Tapatalk

There is no model T230s. That is plural expression of T230.
    The only model is T230. I bought mine from aliexpress shop "Geniatech Mygica Brand store" about a year ago.

• I've been using RPi3 with MyGica T230 as well. But video stream from TVheadend will crash from time to time, maybe due to the heat from the usb tuner.

I have to reboot to restore TVheadend service. Does anyone has this problem like this with T230? Can it be fixed?

• I am using GENIATECH MyGica USB TV Stick T230 DVB-T2 tuner on RPi2 and RPi3.
    Running TvHeadend.
    Receiving HD channels on DVB-T2 frequencies.

Got it from Aliexpress at USD 22.50, including shipping to Singapore.

AZR3ia2u

Hi guys,
    I bought from Aliexpress the Mygica T230 tuner but it doesn't work on my Rpi3 with Libreelec 7.0.2.

On the box is specified Mygica T230C
    Maybe is not the same version tested by you.

With lsusb I can see the tuner like a Rockwell device o_O:

Code
    Bus 001 Device 006: ID 0572:c689 Conexant Systems (Rockwell), Inc.

with dmesg I have:

Code
    [   81.817294] usb 1-1.2: new high-speed USB device number 6 using dwc_otg
    [   81.911351] usb 1-1.2: New USB device found, idVendor=0572, idProduct=c689
    [   81.911366] usb 1-1.2: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
    [   81.911372] usb 1-1.2: Product: EyeTV Stick
    [   81.911378] usb 1-1.2: Manufacturer: Geniatech
    [   81.911384] usb 1-1.2: SerialNumber: 160421

but TVHeadend doesn't see it: ls /dev/dvb/ is empty, so the firmware/driver for this T230 version ("C") is missing inside LibreElec.
    Please guys, could you help me to find a solution?

Thanks a lot

EDIT: CvH and other devs...
    I found a nice discussion that maybe could help you to add a patch/support fot the MyGica T230C on LibreElec:
    August DVB-T210 - Tvheadend

EDIT 2: solved here LibreELEC

Edited once, last by lollo78 (October 5, 2016 at 6:57 PM).

• Hello,
    I have recently got my MyGica T230C (seller sent this one instead of T230), and I'm trying to figure out how to make it work with linux.
    Can you explain what you did to make it work? I put those 2 files in lib/firmware:
    dvb-demod-si2168-d60-01.fw
    dvb-tuner-si2141-a10-01.fw

But nothing seems to be changed. w_scan still gives no output.

Code
    output charset 'UTF-8', use -C <charset> to override
    Info: using DVB adapter auto detection.
    main:3228: FATAL: ***** NO USEABLE TERRESTRIAL CARD FOUND. *****
    Please check wether dvb driver is loaded and
    verify that no dvb application (i.e. vdr) is running.

Your help would be really appreciated.