LibreELEC 8.x images for additional dvb drivers

• Of course...
    Card ID 0572:c689

Code
    LibreELEC-Rpi3:~ # lsusb
    Bus 001 Device 005: ID 0572:c689 Conexant Systems (Rockwell), Inc.
    Bus 001 Device 004: ID 13fd:1040 Initio Corporation INIC-1511L PATA Bridge
    Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0424:ec00 Standard Microsystems Corp. SMSC9512/9514 Fast Ethernet Adapter
    Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0424:9514 Standard Microsystems Corp. SMC9514 Hub
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

Files in firmware folder

Code
    LibreELEC-Rpi3:~ # cd /storage/.config/firmware/
    LibreELEC-Rpi3:~/.config/firmware # ls
    dvb-demod-si2168-d60-01.fw  dvb-tuner-si2141-a10-01.fw

Dmesg on RTSTRTST

• Hi CvH,

Thanks for the great build without which I'd have no TV ! :D

I have a question.. I have the following tuners :

TBS 5922SE DVB-S
    Astrometa Generic DVB-C/T/T2
    Sundtek MediaTV Pro

The Sundtek is fine ins any scenario (installs own drivers via kodi addon)
    The Astrometa works in the standard build and the 'other drivers' build
    The TBS works with the TBS driver build, but the astrometa does not show

Are there any driver builds that support both the TBS and the Astrometa together ? If not is there any way I can install the astrometa driver separately ?

Cheers,

Neil

• Dmesg on RTST

looks like you need to recheck the dvb driver at the addon because at dmesg is nothing shown of the driver (ljalves-cc)
    You can check your self, WARNING: You are using an experimental version of the media stack. should be at your dmesg somewhere.

Are there any driver builds that support both the TBS and the Astrometa together ?

the TBS-OSS should (also ljalves-cc) work, they have tbs driver + latest kernel drivers

• I haven't build a version for LE8 yet because it is still a moving target (I start as soon we hit beta/near to this). But you can try to update to latest LE 7.90.006 because an "homemade" DD patch was added (no guarantee that this patch made it to the final version) which support some DD cards ootb.

Yes, my Digital Devices Cine C/T V6 works out of the box with LE 7.90.006! Thanks!

• quick question... if i drop my le 8.0 build on my tvserver which runs my m88rs6000 tuners (and has a tbs6285 silently lingering) . Install le 7.0 is it likely both my tuners will function?

I would hate to kill a perfectly stable setup for the added perk of activating a dvb-t2 quad tuner for the home use.

Not sure if this can be answered without trial and error (real world test) but does not hurt to ask.

Thank you...

• ahh we managed to get tbs driver working under le8 all good... £100+ tuner getting some love now! :)

Hello all ,

Reading above "ahh we managed to get tbs driver working under le8 all good"....i trhought i wil pop my question...i'm running LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-7.0.0-dvb-drivers-1.0...> 18-Jul-2016 22:07 on a Intel based HTPC with TBS6902 dual DVB-S2 tuner and TBS6922SE single DVB-S2 tuner....is it possible to update to LibreElec 8.0 without breaking LiveTV...(so without losing the drivers)..for my TvHeadend 4.2 ??

If yes , how please ?

Thanks in advance

Blimp

• Hello CVH, I just installed LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-7.0.2-dvb-drivers-1.66.img.gz and I wanted to use it with my Geniatech MyGica T230C. I activated the CrazyCat-CC DVB Driver and my TVHeadend 4.2 backend recognizes the stick as Silicon Labs Si2168 but then when I add the muxes and I scan it fails. I did a dmesg via ssh and i found this out:

I suppose this is the reson why it doesn't work.. what am I doing wrong? Thank you!

Edited once, last by lordslash (October 10, 2016 at 9:37 PM).