Choosing a S905 / S905X / S905D / S905W / S912 box guide

• sorry - thats not the question. Not talking about Hardware in future, but Hardware from today with Software in near future.

If you buy a Android tv box today it will see Kodi 18 - but will it run without problems or will there be problems again like wrong audio api Version seen with Kodi 17

• I really don´t understand your answers...

the headline of this thread is :

Choosing a S905 / S905X / S905D / S905W / S912 box guide

so I asked in posting #179 which choice I should make and described what I do with it

Why do you attack me ?

• The Mecool M8S Pro L for less than $60US is a very nice box that plays Netflix in 1080P and YouTube in 4k. libreELEC is easy to install and works fantastic.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• And the H96 Pro Plus does not have Widevine L1 & HDCP 1.x needed for 1080p Netflix streaming. It and other copy protected Android Apps will be limited to 480p Max resolution video streaming. But yes it does have Gigabit LAN.

The M8S Pro L already has an inbuilt Android TV Playstore out of the box for direct install of Android TV Apps. There is hardly any need to even install an Android TV ROM for Dual Boot purposes.

The S912's running kszaq's LE are stable enough for a bunch of us to use a daily LE platforms, particularly for the price you can get them for and the pretty snappy performance with working BT & 2.4/5GHz WiFi.

I suspect kszaq has his developers hat on and is being ultra cautious due to the Hybrid GPU video drivers used. ;)

• I really don´t understand your answers...

You asked:

"If you buy a Android tv box today it will see Kodi 18 - but will it run without problems or will there be problems again like wrong audio api Version seen with Kodi 17"This question isn´t about LE - wrong audio api depends KODI running on Android

My experience:

S905x box running Android 6 - audio passthrough not working with KODI Krypton(official build)

S905x box running LE - audio passthrough works with LE-KODI Krypton - stable

S912 box running Android 7.1 - audio passthrough working with KODI Krypton(official build)

S912 box running experimental LE - audio passthrough works with LE-KODI Krypton, but LE isn´t 100% stable

BTW:

Most LE problems based on third party addons

• Try another S905X box from reliable seller.

or try a recommended S912(Android 7.1) box

My supposition was that someone has already tried another S905X box from reliable seller and can share the experience.

I have concerns regarding S512. AFAIK the driver source is not available for LE development.

• Hard to recommend anything, because manufacturers change the boxes and sell them on the same name.

My M8S II is perfect but I heard newer versions of it with unsupported Wifi chip-

• I want to give my dad my old x96 s905x box with libreelec, so I can choose a new box for myself. I want to use the box in my bedroom where I dont have wired internet. So I need a box with 5ghz wifi. I dont have a 4k tv so 1080p streaming is the max for me. I only want to use libreelec on the box.

What is the fastest s912/ s905x box from below boxes:

S912

H96 pro 3gb

X92 3gb

Mecool m8s pro L 3gb

S905x

X96 2gb

Mini m8s ii 2gb

Tanix tx5 pro 2gb

• There is a guy on youtube who has done antutu scores.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    go to 9m 28secs this is just one example, beaware, some are Rockchip