Posts by sakos

petediscrete

elonesna

Thanks for your responses. I am not familiar with this Sat>IP technology at all. Currently, the Wetek box works as a headless tvheadend server. A couple of LNBs are connected to the two input ports via DISEqC switches. It also runs Oscam for decrypting channels. There are some tvheadend clients configured. The number of concurrent subscriptions is generally low, however the box can serve more than two subscriptions if the requested channels located on same DVB muxes. If I understand well, an Sat>IP server transports only selected channel and not a complete mux. In this sense a twin Sat>IP server could provide less capacity than a conventional twin tuner setup, could it?

If I go for a Sat>IP server

- can it manage DISEqC switches and multiple LNBs?

- do I still need a tvheadend server for decrypting and serving multiple Kodi clients?

- I could feed a 4 port Sat>IP server. Digibit R1 price is comparable with an USB twin tuner + an RPi4. The Vbox android gateway does not seem good choice for a headless server use

Hi,

I have been using a Wetek Play1 box for ages. Unfortunatly neither newer LE nor Tvheadend builds suport it anymore.

What is the recommended hardware replacement if I need two DVB-S2 input? I think about a setup with an RPi4 with two low cost Tevii S650 USB tuners. Are those tuners supported?

Hi guys. I am thinking of upgrading to 8.9, what is the safest way to do this. I would love to just add the TAR file to the update folder but the partition rename from ""libreelec disk"" to ""storage"" , I am guessing this would cause problems. What is the easiest and safest way to upgrade

Thanks

I think you can copy the TAR file to the update folder then rename the disk label to "storage" by this command:

Code
    e2label /dev/data "STORAGE" 

Then reboot the system to start upgrade.

This is the most simple solution. Anyway, do a backup, should this procedure fails.

If you saw "Missing (target) kernel.img or SYSTEM!" at boot loop then you probably suffered from the issue described in upgrade/downgrade fault topic.

My VLC problem is an LE9.0 issue, therefore I cannot upgrade to LE9 and cannot test latest tvhedend builds. This is why I asked if possible to build them for LE8.x.

Can you explain why LE9 is useless in a Wetek Play1. ?

i was just about to install LE9 on a Wetek Play1 and use it for Live TV Only with TVHeadend (and possibly IPTV later if possible)

Could you share your findings ?

Yes, ofc.

- VNC is not working. Wetek Play1 no picture (black screen) with LE 8.95.002 if monitor connected later. - LibreELEC Forum

- Upgrade issues. Wetek Play 1: After upgrade to Alpha 006 (from LE 8) no upgrade/downgrade possible

- I also read in a local forum that audio pass-trough is not working on the SPDIF out meanwhile the box is getting very hot

I neither can downgrade back my Wetek play 1 box from LE 8.95.002 to LE 8.2.5.

(There was also a strange thing seen twice. After upgrade from LE 8.2.5 to LE 8.95.002, copying some files and doing a power cycle the system started with reporting file system corruption error. I let it to correct them - thousands of lines running on the screen - and finally the system was recovered without any obvious loss.)

LE 8.95.002 is installed on a Wetek Play box. I intend to use this device in headless mode (no monitor attached) and access the GUI by AML-VNC. It worked fine until LE8. However it is not working in LE9 beta. I got black screen via VNC connection.

Finally I performed a hard reset and found that the screen is black if the HDMI is not connected at boot but connected a bit later. The system is up and running, I can even hear the Kodi GUI clicks if I use the remote but the screen is black on the connected monitor. I can reproduce this issue with default configuration of LE, no add-on installed, nothing configured.

If the HDMI is already connected when the device boots then everything is fine. If it is not connected before boot then I cannot get picture later.

Update: Tested again with LE 8.2.5. It works fine. It is a degradation in in LE 8.95.002

Thanks for the great work!

I did a quick test. See my observations.

- If you come from 8.2.3.1 (or similar) kszaq build and "Boot from SD card, use internal memory for data" is active then the 9.0 will fail to boot after the upgrade. To prevent this apply this command after putting the tar file to update folder and before rebooting:

Code
    e2label /dev/data "STORAGE"

- There is no sound on HDMI output if audio output is set to HDMI. If audio output is set to analog then HDMI output works.

- CEC is unreliable. It happened twice that CEC was not working after a restart. Once Kodi also crashed during CEC connection establishment.

Could you please clarify your recommendation?

I got also this error message:

Code
    ERROR: LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2.4.2-S905Test-1529136339.tar is not compatible with S905.arm hardware - update cancelled.

Current system: S905.arm

Update system: S912.arm

The box is X96 (S905X). What do you mean on "bad version"? Shall I really try with the v8.2.4.2-Test2-wetekdvb build on this box?

Hard to believe that nobody can tell me which image to be installed my S905X box.

Now I downloaded the LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2.4.2-S905Test-1529136339.img.gz file and it contains the LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.2.4.2-S905Test-1529136339.img.

This version is bad, use this, or look at ext4 version.

Could you please clarify your recommendation?

I got also this error message:

Code
    ERROR: LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2.4.2-S905Test-1529136339.tar is not compatible with S905.arm hardware - update cancelled.

Current system: S905.arm

Update system: S912.arm

The box is X96 (S905X). What do you mean on "bad version"? Shall I really try with the v8.2.4.2-Test2-wetekdvb build on this box?