Tvheadend nightly builds for LE

• Hi,

Sometimes server him to show off can play of chrome only, I think this protect.

I' test be solved with ffmpeg but not work all of url.

So, I'm not sure this process may be what call word? Pass through or direct url. How to do this?

Bests Regard

• Hi,

Sometimes server him to show off can play of chrome only, I think this protect.

I' test be solved with ffmpeg but not work all of url.

So, I'm not sure this process may be what call word? Pass through or direct url. How to do this?

Bests Regard

and This is encrypt? Choppy sound.

Sorry if ask not correct category. I will be back again.

• Just upgraded to 9.0.0 on an S905 device.

Kodi is giving an error saying the Tvheadend HTSP Client addon isn't compatible with that version of Kodi.

Addon version available and installed is 4.4.12.2

Is there a new version of the Client addon or do I need to do something to get it to work?

• Can you explain why LE9 is useless in a Wetek Play1. ?

i was just about to install LE9 on a Wetek Play1 and use it for Live TV Only with TVHeadend (and possibly IPTV later if possible)

Could you share your findings ?

• Can you explain why LE9 is useless in a Wetek Play1. ?

i was just about to install LE9 on a Wetek Play1 and use it for Live TV Only with TVHeadend (and possibly IPTV later if possible)

Could you share your findings ?

Yes, ofc.

- VNC is not working. Wetek Play1 no picture (black screen) with LE 8.95.002 if monitor connected later. - LibreELEC Forum

- Upgrade issues. Wetek Play 1: After upgrade to Alpha 006 (from LE 8) no upgrade/downgrade possible

- I also read in a local forum that audio pass-trough is not working on the SPDIF out meanwhile the box is getting very hot

• Yes, ofc.

- VNC is not working. Wetek Play1 no picture (black screen) with LE 8.95.002 if monitor connected later. - LibreELEC Forum

- Upgrade issues. Wetek Play 1: After upgrade to Alpha 006 (from LE 8) no upgrade/downgrade possible

- I also read in a local forum that audio pass-trough is not working on the SPDIF out meanwhile the box is getting very hot

Thanks for the response sakos.

I did have an issue on the wetek play straight away on a fresh install of LE9.0 - boot loop ! Disassembled, removed security sim and remote usb dongle, all ok afterwards. Then box simply went OFF in the middle of configuring LE9.0, my fault this time, i was using a NowTV power adapter, replaced with 2Amp and all good :-).

So looks like im in for a rocky ride ahead with LE9.0 :(

That might explain why i could not play my satellite tv channels in vlc after configuring TVH4.2 - although radio appeared to work !

I now have an access denied issue with TVH HSTP Client, think thats just a user/password or hostnaming issue that ill try to fix tonight.

So Is the VLC issue a tvheadend4.2 or LE9.0 issue ?

Is there any point in trying the latest nightly builds of each or should i simply install LE8.2.5 ?

Appreciate your input.

Edited once, last by foxyboy (February 6, 2019 at 3:44 PM).

• If you saw "Missing (target) kernel.img or SYSTEM!" at boot loop then you probably suffered from the issue described in upgrade/downgrade fault topic.

My VLC problem is an LE9.0 issue, therefore I cannot upgrade to LE9 and cannot test latest tvhedend builds. This is why I asked if possible to build them for LE8.x.

• Hello,

I have Raspberry Pi 3 B+ (with TVheadend card) and I have installed LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-9.0.0.img and TVheadend add-ons to kodi but I cannot find a codec to transcode using GPU.

How can I install your last Tvheadend Nightly build for LibreELEC ?

Edited once, last by bgrivas (February 9, 2019 at 12:23 AM).

• I uninstalled tvheadend from the repository and installed from zip: "RPi2-service.tvheadend42-4.3-1748.zip".

But still I cannot find the codec that uses GPU for live and fast transcoding...
    Unable to find libx264 encoder as well. I have tried OpenMax IL H.264 with no success (bad output with video freezing every 5 sec).
    Is there any live transcoding solution for RPi 3 B+ ? Should I install something else (e.g. a video codec) in Kodi ?
    Let me add here that I installed Libreelec instead of Rasbian because I read somewhere that it is easier to have tvheadend harware transcoding...

Edited 2 times, last by bgrivas (February 10, 2019 at 12:26 PM).

• I uninstalled tvheadend from the repository and installed from zip: "RPi2-service.tvheadend42-4.3-1748.zip".

But still I cannot find the codec that uses GPU for live and fast transcoding...
    Unable to find libx264 encoder as well. I have tried OpenMax IL H.264 with no success (bad output with video freezing every 5 sec).
    Is there any live transcoding solution for RPi 3 B+ ? Should I install something else (e.g. a video codec) in Kodi ?
    Let me add here that I installed Libreelec instead of Rasbian because I read somewhere that it is easier to have tvheadend harware transcoding...

Can someone help please ?

• Hi thought I would inform you of a TVHeadend issue. Kodi Leia can not record live TV as it does not have the folder /storage/recordings which is used to store Live Tv recordings. This was in the earlier Krypton releases. Thanks

• If I start playing a program that I'm currently recording eventually it will stop and the only thing I can do then is restart kodi.

The recording directory is nfs mounted, if I play directly the file as a video (i.e. bypassing tvheadend) it works with no problem.

Also it doesn't seem to happen if I play back a different recording (but I haven't tested this case extensively).

It's not a feature that I use often, but maybe it's a known issue fixed in a later release?

I'm using your semi-official build of LE 9.0.0 for S905, an oldish (identified as 9.0.444 in the addons menu, as 4.3-1683 in its menu) tvheadend nightly and the 4.4.12.2 htsp client.

Edit I just updated to the latest nightly (4.3-1749) and it does the same

Edit2: not exactly the same, now kodi doesn't lock up (but that may just be random), the playback stops and I cannot play it again, not even after restarting kodi.

Edited once, last by olivluca (February 21, 2019 at 6:27 PM).