[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• Can anyone point me in the direction of querying via SSH (Libreelec) so I can find out exactly what this card is in order to find a driver for it?

You can check what chip you have by running

Code
    Code:
    udevadm info /sys/bus/sdio/devices/sdio*

To get a list of Android kernel modules:

Code
    Code:
    mkdir -p /tmp/system
    mount /dev/system /tmp/system
    find /tmp/system -name *.ko
  • The only device udevadm returns is a AP5255 wireless chip. 3 separate devices, same id.

Going through the sys folder the network card is in the /sys/bus/mdio_bus/devices folder. It's stmmac-0:08. Phy_id = 0x01814400. Dmesg says

[ 0.419010@0] eth0: PHY ID 01814400 at 8 IRQ 41 (stmmac-0:08) active.

Android recognises the device the same way.

• Its certainly enough to stream remuxes of every movie released on UHD bluray so far. There will obviously come a point when that isn't so, but 100mbit is fine ATM.

No, it isn't. You can't watch a UHD BD folder structure with 100mbit.

• Its certainly enough to stream remuxes of every movie released on UHD bluray so far. There will obviously come a point when that isn't so, but 100mbit is fine ATM.

No, it was tested and reported in this forum - 100MBit is not enough(most cases)

• No, it was tested and reported in this forum - 100MBit is not enough(most cases)

I've tested it myself, with Goodfellas - the largest movie I've remuxed (75mbit video, 5mbit audio) and advancedsettings.xml cache <memorysize> set to 1405000000 (same as I set on all my 2gb ram devices), via a NFS mounted share on a MiniM8SII 100mbit NIC box and watched the entire movie without problems.

Mediainfo of that file attached:

100mbit is fine, for now. I expect that to change in the coming years, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

• Try John Wick Chapter 2. It's ~95 Mbps.

I made a crosscheck.

S905X box using internal 100MBit and external USB Gb

NFS share OS mount.

Results:

100Mbit - stuttering

1Gb - smooth

Conclusion:

My S905X box has a bad internal ethernet interface :/

My external USB 1Gb adapter is working well

• her

It hits 90Mbps at places, and didn't play that smooth for me, also from an NFS share.

I guess you could mitigate the issue somewhat by creating a large buffer, but it doesn't always help, at least in my personal experience.

My conclusion is identical to Tim's. My S905X box also has a USB 1Gbit Ethernet.