[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• Freaky69

Yes, but you have to realize that Leia builds are currently pre-alpha. They can be unstable and "high-maintenance".

Some boxes need to have new remote configurations made for them, for example.

You also must update the DTB when you upgrade to Leia, and I don't know if you can later downgrade. You couldn't downgrade when going from LE7 to LE8.

So if you want to try it, first create a backup of your current setup, so that you can go back to it later if needed.

• kszaq I know you've discontinued this build but was wondering if you are still providing support?

A while ago, I had asked you about the differences in the dtbs posted, you replied that they're purely cosmetic and either would work.

While testing other builds on different devices (i.e LE9 on x96) it was mentioned that using the wrong dtb would mean that either WiFi, Ethernet, IR etc wouldn't work.

Flashed an sdcard for my MXQ Pro 4k running 8.2.3.1 and used mxq_pro_4k dtb. Booted fine from sdcard, but after copying it to internal installation using ssh commands in OP and rebooting to internal, I'm getting a blank screen. The box is powered on, the TV picks the signal (shows 1080p input) but no MXQ Pro logo and the network (Ethernet) is down so can't ssh in. Any way to get it to work when copied to internal?

Your box has a NAND chip (meaning not eMMC) and there is a bug in Amlogic bootloader that prevents repartitioning the drive. You can try using a standard device tree but if it doesn't work, you're out of lack and have to run LE from SD card.

• Your box has a NAND chip (meaning not eMMC) and there is a bug in Amlogic bootloader that prevents repartitioning the drive. You can try using a standard device tree but if it doesn't work, you're out of lack and have to run LE from SD card.

Thanks. Will try one of the standard device trees and post my results for anyone else with the same problem. So far I can confirm that the p201.dtb works (IR & Ethernet) booting from internal, but more testing is required (WiFi).

• kszaq Is there any way to clear saved network settings through ssh?

Because when trying to connect to any WiFi network for the first time, I keep getting an "Invalid Arguments" error or an "Operation Timout" error if its SSID is hidden. Scanning for networks work but from my experience with my other devices, I found out that if I turned the "Connect Automatically" option off under the network's settings, I'd got the "Invalid Arguments" error when connecting to other Networks. So I'd like to just clear everything and see if that fixes it.

And gxbb_p200_1G_100M_RealtekWiFi.dtb works when booting from NAND.

Edited once, last by toe-kne3 (February 24, 2018 at 10:14 PM).

• kszaq Is there any way to clear saved network settings through ssh?

Because when trying to connect to any WiFi network for the first time, I keep getting an "Invalid Arguments" error or an "Operation Timout" error if its SSID is hidden. Scanning for networks work but from my experience with my other devices, I found out that if I turned the "Connect Automatically" option off under the network's settings, I'd got the "Invalid Arguments" error when connecting to other Networks. So I'd like to just clear everything and see if that fixes it.

And gxbb_p200_1G_100M_RealtekWiFi.dtb works when booting from NAND.

What happens if you don’t hide the SSID? It’s serves no purpose hiding it anyway.

• hillz 8.2 has reached the end of it's life, all developers have moved on to focusing on 9.0, the differences between 8.2 and 9.0 have grown a considerable amount now that it would be impractical and very time consuming to backport changes.

• Hi people,

Does anyone uses Seagate Personal Cloud wih your Libreelec Kodi? Is it simple to use and configure with kodi? Can i watch/stream movie files ( 4k included ) without any problem using a 100mb network?

Sorry to bother you but I´m inclined to buy this NAS … I just pretend to use it to keep my movies/series and be able to see them with my Libreelec Kodi (Mecool) so I need to know if it will be a good solution for me …

• Can anyone confirm this build works with the onboard wired gigabit ethernet card on S905D boxes? I have the Mecool Ki Pro. Might be the only S905d box out there. Everything else works perfectly, get 250mbits on iperf with the 5GHz onboard wifi so it's not a huge issue regardless. I get no link detected with wired.

Full disclosure it's a lazy question. Box is in constant use tbh haven't booted back into Android to confirm whether the onboard card actually works.

Ethtool:

driver: st_mac100

version: March_2013

firmware-version:

expansion-rom-version:

bus-info:

supports-statistics: yes

supports-test: no

supports-eeprom-access: no

supports-register-dump: yes

supports-priv-flags: no

Settings for eth0:

Supported ports: [ TP AUI BNC MII FIBRE ]

Supported link modes: 10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full

100baseT/Half 100baseT/Full

Supported pause frame use: No

Supports auto-negotiation: Yes

Advertised link modes: 10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full

100baseT/Half 100baseT/Full

Advertised pause frame use: No

Advertised auto-negotiation: Yes

Speed: 10Mb/s

Duplex: Half

Port: MII

PHYAD: 8

Transceiver: external

Auto-negotiation: on

Supports Wake-on: ug

Wake-on: d

Current message level: 0x0000003d (61)

drv link timer ifdown ifup

Link detected: no

• Booted into Android there. The onboard does work. Checking iperf I'm getting 800mbps so it is syncing at gigabit speeds. Mac decode gives no answers. Neither do any apps I've tried.

Can anyone point me in the direction of querying Android via terminal emulator or Linux (Libreelec) so I can find out exactly what this card is in order to find a driver for it?

Thanks.