[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• Thanks kszaq. Sadly now no support. In the future maybe? Or not at all.

There is nothing stopping you booting from usb/sd card, installing to internal is a niche feature only for community builds and will not be available in official builds when they arrive.

• I tried using a TX3 Mini and my H96Pro to try and use TVHeadend Client.

My TX7 is the server with TVHeadend. I've been using the TX7 with a hard drive attached and the sony play 3 tuner for a while with no issues whatsoever.

The issues i had today when i installed TVHeadend Client to the above hardware do not happen to the TX 7 with the hard drive connected via usb and the tuner also connected via usb to the tx7.

My issues are that playback of recorded files and live TV using the client hardware causes Pixelation Artifacts within seconds of playback. It seems to only happen on one station. 7HD. The recordings of 7HD seem to also be the the only files that cause this. ( More Testing required )

Live Playback on all other tv stations is fine using client hardware.

I thought this may be a TVHeadend Client issue until i used File Manager to add the TX 7 Attached Hard Drive as a source and tried playing the recordings from the station 7HD this way.

Piece of the recording.

The Davis Cup – Google Drive

The same playback issue again.

Ethernet connected all devices no buffering when this happens.

Album — Postimage.org

The FULL log is over file size limit for pastebin so i attach in the form of a zip BELOW

Part log of important bits.

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

log-2018-02-02-06.57.17.zip

Edited 2 times, last by kostaman: Added recording file (February 2, 2018 at 8:09 AM).

• My issues are that playback of recorded files and live TV using the client hardware causes Pixelation Artifacts within seconds of playback. It seems to only happen on one station. 7HD. The recordings of 7HD seem to also be the the only files that cause this. ( More Testing required )

Checked the SoC temps ?

Code
    cat /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp  
  • Checked the SoC temps ?

Code
    LibreELEC (community): 8.2.3.1 (S905.arm)
    H96Pro:~ # cat /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp
    H96Pro:~ #
    LibreELEC (community): 8.2.3.1 (S905.arm)
    TX3mini:~ # cat /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp 
    TX3mini:~

I checked temp via system info previously on both the H96Pro and the TX3 Mini whilst testing and both were in the high 50c.

Edit: Updated test above when picture pixelated playing a recording.

Jumped 10 minutes forward and picture came good for about 3 minutes and went bad.

Jumped 1 minute forward same thing.

The other recordings on 9HD and Live 9HD were tested during the 7HD testing live and recordings but only 7HD plays up.

Edit: Other HD Channels also playing up Recordings and Live TV. ABCHD/SBSHD

I even switched to the server Box TX7 to play 7HD recordings and Live with no issues at all.

It's got me stuffed.

I plugged the Hard Drive with the recordings Directly into the USB port of the TX3Mini and bad same playback

Edit: This is Hardware Related issue or Device Tree, I have no idea.

I just tried my K1 Pro with the same SD Card (changed Device tree) and an old A95X S905 Chip. WORKS PERFECT.

I even went back to Last Jarvis with this TX3 Mini SAME BAD results.

Tried adamg's 8.90.3 Same results.

Switched HDMI Cables and all.

Edited 6 times, last by kostaman: Updated temp test, More Testing. (February 3, 2018 at 7:28 AM).

• There is nothing stopping you booting from usb/sd card, installing to internal is a niche feature only for community builds and will not be available in official builds when they arrive.

Dear developers, please keep the 'niche feature' in your 'community builds' :)

• wrxtasy more testing. #2,586

kszaq i give up on this one.:sick:

My friend who owns this TX3Mini just took my old A95x S905 and said stick the Tx3Mini in the bin. :S

I think i own it.

Just found out more issues from another user Link #83

Edit: Just tried to play files in Android. All same bad results using three players including Kodi.

Confirmed this S905W Chip is JUNK

FIXED

Edited 3 times, last by kostaman: Solved (February 3, 2018 at 12:32 PM).

• What point could speak against to a install to internal on official AND community builds?

Most probably the risk of bricking your device during Internal install vs. no risk when installed to external memory

There are plenty out there that read all the warnings, go ahead anyhow, and then complain "this build bricked my device".

Thankfully, we don't seem to see them too often now (whether that is because most heed the warnings and run from external, or the installtointernal process is evolving, remains to be seen) but the risk is still there when installing to internal

Edited 2 times, last by Poida (February 3, 2018 at 2:24 AM).

• Most probably the risk of bricking your device during Internal install vs. no risk when installed to external memory

There are plenty out there that read all the warnings, go ahead anyhow, and then complain "this build bricked my device".

Thankfully, we don't seem to see them too often now (whether that is because most heed the warnings and run from external, or the installtointernal process is evolving, remains to be seen) but the risk is still there when installing to internal

Ok, but to take away the install to internal cause of some noobs is not a solution for me. In a car you also dont limit the speed to 50 cause of some so called racers in prevent of n Accident. If i or someone take the risk of install to internal, is my decision and if there is a problem, i must live with that or find a solution. And if something goes wrong, you can always boot from SD.

Sorry but this decision to forbid it, tastes for me like the politic of Apple, Google or M$ on their devices. And who wants Android as base for Mediacenter really?!😉

Edited once, last by SSC_Jarod (February 3, 2018 at 10:46 AM).

• Ok, but to take away the install to internal cause of some noobs is not a solution for me. In a car you also dont limit the speed to 50 cause of some so called racers in prevent of n Accident. If i or someone take the risk of install to internal, is my decision and if there is a problem, i must live with that or find a solution. And if something goes wrong, you can always boot from SD.

Sorry but this decision to forbid it, tastes for me like the politic of Apple, Google or M$ on their devices. And who wants Android as base for Mediacenter really?!😉

Who said it is being taken away? nobody is forbidding anything all that was said is that it will not be available in official builds and there is a number of technical issues for that.

1. the partition layout will be different in 9.0 so users will NOT be able to upgrade/downgrade from 8.2 <> 9.0 if installed to internal
    2. there is issues surrounding boxes with nand and not being able to support them

3. the number of problems it causes

Official builds will be focused on stability.

Please read rather than flapping.

• Sorry but this decision to forbid it, tastes for me like the politic of Apple, Google or M$ on their devices. And who wants Android as base for Mediacenter really?!

Phew!! Take it easy. You asked a question, I gave you an answer.

At the end of the day, it will be how it will be. The option will be available, or not.

I just told you of one reason why the official builds might not want to support it - since you asked ;)

• And who wants Android as base for Mediacenter really?!😉

With the current state of LE (regardless 8.x, 9.x) for S912 (H96Pro+), I do NOT see any benefits in running it on such box, in comparison to properly tuned Android 7.1.2 ROM.

In fact - I've recently switched back to Android and it suits my needs perfectly fine.

Just bare in mind - this is a special case (my case): H96Pro+ (S912)... ;)