[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• It is in both hyperion and hyperion.ng if you compile it yourself with the right flags enabled.

The binary is included in the hyperion add-on from the LibreELEC repo in kodi which is what I'm testing against for now.

The only issue with hyperion-aml is it doesn't appear to capture the kodi GUI but I haven't looked into it farther than confirming that it grabs video correctly.

Ty for this info. I'm not enough able to compile hyperion myself. Anyway, could you please point me to the correct options to use the hyperion-aml in the config files? I'm using amlgrabber atm with no success. What should i add to the config file to use the hyperion-aml code?

• Ty for this info. I'm not enough able to compile hyperion myself. Anyway, could you please point me to the correct options to use the hyperion-aml in the config files? I'm using amlgrabber atm with no success. What should i add to the config file to use the hyperion-aml code?

Original hypercon in latest version, very nice install hyperion if you just add him correct ip, login and password, for libreelec login: root password: libreelec. And remember on hypercon first you generate config file after that you choose it and send to the device. You must stop hyperion, send chosen config and start process again.

From hypercon most important settings are "device", wrongly set could be problematic, next leds, wrongly set could only lights wrong led nothing more :) next settings is too choose proper grabber, if you use as me libreelec on amlogic device and arduino device properly set, just connected to usb port.

For arduino and amlogic boxes you need use amlgrabber for hardware decoded media and framegrabber for rest and kodi gui. But if you want lights for both you must set lower number for higher priority in amlgrabber, for example 890 for framegrabber and 889 for amlgrabber. At start, i use both but i saw flickering light sometimes on movie and figure out its fault of subtitles which looks like try use framegrabber i think, i try set higher priority for amlgrabber but it not help so i remove framegrabber from my config.

Next settings is colour calibration at start i though it will be difficult but on hyperion wiki you will find very useful pictures for set all. In those settings very important is white balance and greyscale for gamma settings, default gamma is 2.5 my leds work much better on 2.0, but as i say you need set it for yourself. And as i wrote before amlgrabber work only for hardware decode media, as pictures are not hardware decoded for colour calibration you must add framegrabber :)

Ok so wonderiuy if you set correctly device when you connecting device to usb port you should see flashing leds which inform you that arduino work and use own start effect from sketch but just after that you should see hyperion boot effect, if you dont see it its looks like you have wrong set device in config or your config is fault for example missing comma or parenthesis.

If you see boot effect just add to your config amlgrabber for example:

"amlgrabber" :

{

"width" : 64,

"height" : 64,

"frequency_Hz" : 20.0,

"priority" : 889

},

"framegrabber" :

{

"width" : 64,

"height" : 64,

"frequency_Hz" : 20.0,

"priority" : 890

},

You could delete framegrabber to be sure it not mess in priority. But you will not have lights on pictures or kodi gui.

I try compile ng version but i cant find proper crosscompile instruction and dont have additional amlogic device to build compiler :)

• skupi Thank you very very much for the detailed infos. I'm using the LE hyperion addon but is not working fine, even if i'm already using the amlgrabber in the config file.

I will try to install it with hypercon via SSH

• I prefer to choose something that will give me maximum performance on linux and if necessary to use the hdd on windows use something like Ext2Read

Not better to link both device in one network, but of curse with wire :) share disk in windows pc, and add it on libreelec :). 100mbit is really enough for 1080p i think also for 4k. I only use samba on my device and dont see any problems. Only on 4k after i go forward or backward i got choke image :) iam not sure its fault of 100mbit network cause after start the movie without go forward or backward all is fine :), maybe some buffer settings i need add. Of curse the problem is that host pc must be on :P so its not eco-friendly :P

I dont have 4k TV so actually i dont worry that :) I read on some forum where someone calculate 100mbit its enough for 4k :)

With my kids i will be not happy to have disk drive near their hands :D wetek hub is quite offen in their interest :D

• Does this device happen to be tanix tx3 mini? If yes there is support for the front led in Leia builds (no turn off, only clock display) and also in the dual firmware. Please have a look at this thread.

Thanks, I read that. I'd rather use the stable version than alfa.

My box is not a Tanix one.

I wonder is it possible to include the new Tanix LCD driver into this kszaq build?

• Thanks, I read that. I'd rather use the stable version than alfa.

My box is not a Tanix one.

I wonder is it possible to include the new Tanix LCD driver into this kszaq build?

It should be possible. If I manage to get the LCD working on my T95M I may try to port it to kszaq's latest commit on 8.2.

• Shout out to the kszaq for these builds. They have worked like a dream on my KI Pro box. Which reminds me, I will make a donation.

2 stupid questions:

I see reference to the Nougat kernel. Apologies if it's clear to some but is it correct to say the references are to Amlogic kernels used in Librelec for these builds because there is no mainline kernel support for these chips?

I see discontinued at the top of this thread, is it in order to work on Librelec 9.0 Alpha builds? It's not clear.

• Not better to link both device in one network, but of curse with wire :) share disk in windows pc, and add it on libreelec :).

What is the point to have a low power device that you can control from the couch, if you need to have a computer on to use it ? Also ethernet cable or PLC isn't a option. The speed I get on wifi matchs my fiber speed, but of course is not enough for a real time 4k playback.

For your kids I suggest you fix both the hdd and your box to the back of the tv (if you user hdmi-cec for control)

• I see reference to the Nougat kernel. Apologies if it's clear to some but is it correct to say the references are to Amlogic kernels used in Librelec for these builds because there is no mainline kernel support for these chips?

Mainline kernel is available but without hardware video decoding, so not very useful for us.

I see discontinued at the top of this thread, is it in order to work on Librelec 9.0 Alpha builds? It's not clear.

This simply means that I will no longer work on these builds. I might release an update to 8.2.3 but without any additional Amlogic-specific updates or improvements.

I am currently working on improving Amlogic support in LibreELEC and Kodi master.

• Is it possible that wifi sv6051p (ssv6051) is not supported in 8.2.2.3, actualy there is no wifi networks that i can find in this version of libreelec. i have mecool m8s pro w with s905w proc 2/16gb, useed gxl_p212_2g dtb file.

tried 8.2.1.2 with same dtb, and there i found some wifi networks but with wrong name for example HGME insted HOME, and cannot connect to this network, some errors, i can provide log files if someone can look into this problem

• First of all, thanks kszaq for you hard work!!!

Today i tried to wake my box with a wol command, but it didn’t work.

I tried to switch my Ethernet card to mode g with ethtool, but I cannot change mode even if it’s listed by ethtool as supported. Any idea!?

• First of all, thanks for you hard work, tis is excellent firmware for me TV BOX !

On my TV BOX X96 2GB RAM S905X all work great, all work 4K Video, HDR Video, and 7.1 DolbyTrue HD, Dolby Atmos all its OK !

thanks

^^