[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• Maybe it is a stupid question and not so important, but is from some versione that I don't see anymore the kodi splash screen at start.
    When I boot my device, I see the libreelec spalshscreen, After that there is some second of black screen and the system start in home.

All work correct so is not a problem, but is possible to re-acrivate kodi splash screen?
    I don't changed setup in Kodi, and I'm unable to find similar setum (if exist).

Many thanks.

• Maybe it is a stupid question and not so important, but is from some versione that I don't see anymore the kodi splash screen at start.
    When I boot my device, I see the libreelec spalshscreen, After that there is some second of black screen and the system start in home.

All work correct so is not a problem, but is possible to re-acrivate kodi splash screen?
    I don't changed setup in Kodi, and I'm unable to find similar setum (if exist).

Many thanks.

Perhaps your TV/screen shows a black screen when resolution is changed. The resolution setting is also applied for Kodi splash screen as a workaround for proper color mode and for now this can't be worked around.

• Is anyone also noticing TVHeadend/Live-TV not working properly?

Only SD channels play fine, but HD channels do not open or stutter.

No problems here.

TV Headend client 3.4.27.1 \ Server 4.2-8.2.113

Edit: I had a small problem just now: when I started a large file transfer from my PC to one of the USB HDDs connected to my box, live TV started "buffering". Strange...

Edited once, last by minimoe (January 2, 2018 at 6:53 PM).

• kszaq, awesome work, thank you! I broke the forced rgb output support with the following commit, and recommend a revert for now: aml/video_dev: updates for nougat: · kszaq/linux-amlogic-le@c89478b · GitHub

With this reverted, you can set echo 'rgb,8bit' > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/attr in autostart.sh to recreate the force_rgb behavior.

I also recommend merging PR15 of your LibreELEC.tv repo into libreelec-8.2 so colorspace can get passed if mode is the same.

Note: for users who want 10 bit output, you may set the following in your autostart.sh:echo '444,10bit' > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/attr

do you know if rgb,8bit is the same as 444 8bit? I have a tv that's 444 chroma but no HDR so is that 444,8bit? rgb,8bit? I don't know. thanks

• kszaq I've used your builds on various S905/S905X boxes and haven't had an issue before, but one box (mxq pro 4k) appears to generate a random mac address for wifi every boot. I know that you added some code to correct that, and pull it from the SoC, but even using 8.2.2.2 it has the same issue. What information would be useful for you to help debug?

Thanks!

• Hy

Számomra egy x96 s905x 2GB / 16GB Smart box.libreelec 8.2.2.2 kód van.

TV Edenwood 123cm. A CEC be van állítva. Tehát ha kodiban lazítok, akkor a TV és a doboz kikapcsol.

De a távirányító bekapcsolása szükséges. Egyébként csak a TV-t használom.

Ez lenne a kérdésem.

libreelec-in, ahol lehetett betölteni a tv-ki-be kódot, amely egy kapcsoló kódját vagy a TV-t összekapcsolja, hogyan tudnám eljutni.

Engedjék meg, hogy a televízió és a doboz egyidejűleg a TV távirányítójával kapcsolhassam magam és ezáltal kikapcsolni.

Thx for help

• For the non Hungarian speaking people

Code
    For me, there is an x96 s905x 2GB / 16GB Smart box.libreelec 8.2.2.2 code.
    TV Edenwood 123cm. The CEC is set. So if I release the code, the TV and the box will turn off.
    But the remote control must be switched on. Anyway, I only use TV.
    That would be my question.
    libreelec, where I could load the TV-out code that connects a switch code or the TV to how I could get it.
    Allow me to connect the TV and the box simultaneously with the TV remote control and turn it off.
  • sorry

For me one x96 s905x 2GB / 16GB Smart box.libreelec 8.2.2.2 codes yes.

TV Edenwood 123cm. CEC is positioned. So if kodiban I relax, the TV and the box turn off then.

But the starting of the remote control necessary. I use TV as anything else only.

This would be my question.

libreelec-in, where it was possible to fill it the tv-ki-be code, that connects the code of a switch or TV, how I would know it to get.

Engedjék meg, hogy a televízió és a doboz egyidejűleg a TV távirányítójával kapcsolhassam magam és ezáltal kikapcsolni.

Let it be allowed that the TV is the television and the box simultaneously let me be allowed to join myself with his remote control and hereby to turn off.

• kszaq I've used your builds on various S905/S905X boxes and haven't had an issue before, but one box (mxq pro 4k) appears to generate a random mac address for wifi every boot. I know that you added some code to correct that, and pull it from the SoC, but even using 8.2.2.2 it has the same issue. What information would be useful for you to help debug?

Thanks!

I developed a fix only for Ethernet, not WiFi. You should at least post dmesg collected after booting to see it there's a chance for fixing this.