[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• Has anyone else noticed that the auto update function doesn't seem to work with the intro video enabled?

For me, with it enabled, the update notification never appears. Once disabled, it works as expected.

@kszaq Does the auto update only check at kodi startup for updates and, if so, could the intro video playing be causing it to

"miss" the available update?

Could the check be delayed for a few seconds or maybe performed at intervals to overcome this issue?

If you need logs I will upload them but it's real easy to replicate. Just use a skin with the video intro option and, when enabled, the update notice will never appear (I'm using Aeon Nox Silvo, I will try some other skins to check it is not just this particular skin)

EDIT:

It looks like I just need to delay the network from initialising until after the intro (or reset it).

I'm sure there's something that could be added to autostart.sh . . .

Preventing the network establishing until after the intro video has finished does indeed allow the auto update to work as expected.

Sadly, it was sooooo long ago that I had to meddle with startup scripts and can't remember how to reset eth0 from there so, I guess it's auto-update OFF until someone clever sorts it out ;(

Edited 3 times, last by Poida (December 30, 2017 at 7:04 AM).

• Poida why not just disable the intro video, far easier. I just use the default KODI 17 Estuary skin with mine and it works perfectly. There are surely enough KODI complications recently without introducing unnecessary ones IMHO. To me an intro video at boot up is just not necessaryh and just a tiny little bit of icing on the cake which you only see briefly at boot up, so do not see the point personally. Just my two sents my friend.

Oh Happy New year to all here, have a great and successful 2018.

• I've powered off , Rebooted a total of 10 times to make sure.

No connection losses. It connects to 5ghz every time.

My TX7 has 5.8GHZ ac protocol which my router transmits.

Not sure of your hardware or router settings?

2540-wifi-5g-le-8-2-2-1-jpg

My box has an 802.11n 5GHz radio. It is using N to connect to an AC capable AP. Here is the info for the wireless chip in my box:

[Chipset Quick Info]

Vendor: AMPAK AP6330

WiFi: BCM4330

Bluetooth: BCM40183

• It's pretty hard today to cover all BCM chips with one driver and that's what I should aim to do. Recent changes are only regarding regulatory and I only switched to the one that covers most of 5GHz channels. I have not faced any issues using 4 BCM chips in boxes I have although I haven't tested them for a very long time. If the issue persists, perhaps you need to open a new thread where I would be able to post some test builds for you.

If the issue persists, or annoys me enough, I will definitely open another thread and see if we can figure it out. Thanks kszaq! Everything else is working great BTW...

• I will open a new thread if / when I get time. My AP is a Ubiquiti UAP-AC-LR with latest stable firmware, 5GHz channel 42 (36,+1) VHT80. My wireless NIC MAC is persistent between reboots and Android. Verified by static DHCP address correct no matter what is booted and when.

Info given simply to help others seeing the same issue. Any troubleshooting beyond this, we should open another thread. Thanks!

• Thank you for you Answer, with the echo command, i can set 444 10bit, but which Command can i check it was 444 10bit correct set?

• The Result is:

Code
    S905X:~ # cat /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/dc_cap
    420,10bit
    420,8bit
    444,10bit
    444,8bit
    422,10bit
    422,8bit
    rgb,10bit
    rgb,8bit

but i will see what is now active !?